Solo Dining on DxDP - Dec 2009 *Completed

great updates. Sorry to hear your bad experience at The Wave...we never went there and going back and forth with it but we might try to eat for dinner. Thanks for a great review on Kona

That soup at Kona looks really good, I may have to try it. :goodvibes

It is my favourite.

OMG my hubby had the chicken plate from Kona and I swear it was the best thing ever! I could not keep my fork on my own plate...and the dessert you had is exactly what we shared and loved it!

Kona is our fave lunch spot now

I had debated on the mahi mahi or pulled pork tacos but my server recommended the chicken and it was great - the sauces are really something special.

great updates. Sorry to hear your bad experience at The Wave...we never went there and going back and forth with it but we might try to eat for dinner. Thanks for a great review on Kona

Thanks for continuing to read along.

So with my last two credits I decided to order room service for dinner. I was still going to be at Disney for another day and a half but I had switched over to AKL club level. Between my leftovers and the club level offerings I didn't actually buy any food the next day but ordered breakfast on my last day (cause my train was leaving at 1:30pm and I wanted a hearty breakfast to make it through until dinner).

So for my last two credits I ordered:

Shrimp Cocktail appetizer:
TrishasSoloWDWTrip273.jpg

I wish I had realized that the lettuce had some kind of dressing on it. I put this in the fridge and enjoyed it for lunch on Thursday (the next day) but the dressing made the shrimp a little limp. There were 6 big plump shrimps. Is it something I would pay $14 cash for? No - but that's one of the reasons I love the dxdp!

For my entree I order the grilled chicken sandwich with goat cheese. I love goat cheese and this was an excellent sandwich! You can see that the goat cheese was a beautiful thick layer. And the homemade chips were awesome! Although it may seem like not such a good deal to order (the sandwich was only $15 or $16 dollars), it was a really great entree. It was a whole, thick, grilled chicken breast and smothered with creamy goat cheese. I couldn't finish it and saved half for the next day.

TrishasSoloWDWTrip275.jpg

For dessert I ordered the sampler again but it was slightly different.

TrishasSoloWDWTrip274.jpg

Instead of the coconut tart it had a chocolate espresso tart. It was just as good as the first time. Tonight I ate the fruit tart and the espresso tart but save the big zebra dome for Thursday.

And for my drink I order Evian water (I made sure to ask specifically for Evian and that is what they delivered).

TrishasSoloWDWTrip276.jpg

The one thing I love about room service and the dining plan is no need to tip extra! Both the service charge and the 18% tip are included in the use of the credits.

The one thing I love about room service and the dining plan is no need to tip extra! Both the service charge and the 18% tip are included in the use of the credits.

I didn't know that! So, it's like CRT and the shows? We're booked with DxDP and had not even considered room service until your reviews. Sounds great! :thumbsup2

I didn't know that! So, it's like CRT and the shows? We're booked with DxDP and had not even considered room service until your reviews. Sounds great! :thumbsup2

Yes - room service includes the tip and service charge. If ordering room service I recommend lunch or dinner since breakfast doesn't include much (and if ordering bottle water - specify which one you want).

so much I am going back to read them all!

Glad to know you've enjoyed my reviews.

There's something so luxuriously decadent about room service :cloud9:

The grilled chicken sandwich looks extremely yummy.

On my last morning, I decided to order room service for breakfast. I wanted something substantial (not from the club lounge) and certainly some protein since I expected I wouldn't eat again until dinner time. I had set my alarm for 9:30 (and then breakfast right away, and then check out at 11am) but I ended up waking up at 7:30 so I ordered breakfast at 8am - I ended up eating what I wanted right away and then snacking on more potatoes, a biscuit and some bacon right before I checked out at 11am.

I ordered the Grilled Vegetable Omelet with potatoes and biscuits.

TrishasSoloWDWTrip291.jpg

TrishasSoloWDWTrip293.jpg

And a side order of bacon.

TrishasSoloWDWTrip292.jpg

All I could say was - Wow!

Not only was there tons of food (enough for two), but it was hot, fresh, well prepared and incredibly tasty. The omelet was perfect, the potatoes were incredible, the biscuits were flakey and even the bacon was crispy.

It was about $21 (expensive yes) including the service charge and tip. If I had to do over, I probably wouldn't order the side of bacon but that morning, I really felt like bacon.

For a couple, I'd suggest ordering this with an extra plate and silverware setting. It would be a hearty enough breakfast for both people.

A great review! Thank you so much for sharing. Now, if you don't mind, please pass me the bacon, I am so hungry after reading this...Yum!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter