Sobering videos of fantasy cruise

cdavishb

Earning My Ears
Just watched the first sailing videos of the Fantasy. Really sad. Masks. Social distancing pictures and character interaction. Too quiet. We are canceling our upcoming fantasy cruise. It is just not even close to the experience we've previously had. Totally lacking any of the festive energy of any prior cruise. So sad.

It's sad but I try to focus on the positives. For all the times we were frustrated, unable to find a poolside chair, well now there are plenty. For all the times we walked around Cabanas looking for a table while our food got cold, now there are plenty. We had our most relaxing cruise ever on Aug 27. Then again, our kids are grown so no concerns about kids clubs.

Just watched the first sailing videos of the Fantasy. Really sad. Masks. Social distancing pictures and character interaction. Too quiet. We are canceling our upcoming fantasy cruise. It is just not even close to the experience we've previously had. Totally lacking any of the festive energy of any prior cruise. So sad.

Are they posted here? If not, can you share any links? Thanks!

Certainly something for everyone to be aware of before they book. What was, isn't anymore. And we have no way of knowing how long this will continue.

Sailed twice on the dream in august. Our most favorite cruises. We loved the empty ship. Sailing on the fantasy in a couple weeks.
I’m sure that some do love it! Did you happen to have teenagers with you?

If all goes well we'll be on the Wonder in a few days (eeek!) and I'm looking forward to a (hopefully) calmer ship. I'm already used to the masks and social distancing from Disneyland so I'm not too worried about those things. Is it going to be a very different experience from previous? I'm sure. And I'm also sure for some, that is just not the vacation they want, and that's totally fair. But luckily we don't expect this to be our last cruise, so I plan to make the most of what it is now, and also look forward to what it will hopefully be later next year.

We are sailing in a couple of weeks and I'm a little worried about it too - mainly only because of our kids. But on the other hand I'd be worried about cruising with too many crowds in these times. Looking forward to seeing the wonderful CM's!

I have watched several videos, but I havent seen anyone yet who says the lack of crowds is a downside. Most praise them for having more space, quietness. There are still great character interactions to be had, there are plenty of activities. Simplified muster drill.

It is what you make of it. Adam Hattan did a staycation on the Magic, due to there not being a real sail away party, he brought the audio of the party and played it while they were sailing out of port and danced himself. They seemed to have a fantastic time.

Focusing on what you do not have is never a great starting point of a good vacation. Focus on what you do have.

Last edited:
Sailed twice on the dream in august. Our most favorite cruises. We loved the empty ship. Sailing on the fantasy in a couple weeks.

We too sailed on the Dream in August and found the uncrowded ship to be a plus! Yes, it was different from in the past but I didn't find that to be a bad thing. I'm hoping it's the same when we sail in February.

We just got off the Dream on Friday. 2 adults, no kids. Yes, it was a different vibe from previous cruises but it was still magical. CM are going out of their way to make guests happy. They are definitely missing the guests. 70% of the time the elevator was empty when we needed one, always found a chair by the adult pool, always found a table in Cabanas for breakfast. No line for quick service food or ice cream (they have sno cones now too). You had your choice of sun beds on Castaway Cay. At one point my husband was the only person in the water at the family beach. Lots of fish, crystal clear water. I understood all the protocols but one I did not think made any sense was having to wear masks on the OPEN AIR tram at CC. They were boarding every other row and you needed a mask. You did need a mask when going to Cookies BBQ and in the shop.

They seat you in the theatre but you are allowed to bring a drink in. I bought a glass of wine at the bar outside theatre. No roaming servers in the theatre. They also tell you when you can leave the theatre...section by section.

Simple debarkation. Just under 1200 pax onboard....mostly adults.

All in all we enjoyed the cruise.

MJ

Last edited:
Will be cruising very soon just not DCL and very certain it will be enjoyable. As mentioned, fewer people could be a unique ghost town-ish (maybe) experience but the fact that we will be on a ship AND SAILING will be awesome!!!

Make it want you want OR NOT is my mantra. I have a cancer scan 4 days after returning and honestly will be going WAY OVERBOARD on all things I shouldn't do because "what's done is done" and for me remaining life is meant to live, NOT JUST TO EXIST.

Will be cruising very soon just not DCL and very certain it will be enjoyable. As mentioned, fewer people could be a unique ghost town-ish (maybe) experience but the fact that we will be on a ship AND SAILING will be awesome!!!

Make it want you want OR NOT is my mantra. I have a cancer scan 4 days after returning and honestly will be going WAY OVERBOARD on all things I shouldn't do because "what's done is done" and for me remaining life is meant to live, NOT JUST TO EXIST.
Enjoy every perfect moment of your cruise! Sending positive vibes for your return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter