Sobering videos of fantasy cruise

That one makes sense to me. The breeze from the moving tram could spread the aerosols to the people two rows behind you. And there is growing concern about aerosols.

Nope it still doesn't make sense to me....it was breezy on CC and always breezy up on the pool deck and you didn't need a mask outdoors there. I didn't need a mask on the open air boats at WDW two days before the cruise.

The speculation on some of the other cruise Vlogs is that will be the last restriction to be lifted. If it gets lifted. Sort of like the sanitizer stations that appeared on cruise ships 20 years ago in response to the norovirus outbreaks on ships.

I can see masks being the last thing to go, absolutely. However (and perhaps it’s just my bias speaking), I am doubtful that masks are here to stay.

People will put up with them now because there is pent-up demand for cruising and (enough) people feel the masks are a reasonable precaution at this point in time. But once that pent-up demand ebbs, and masks are by and large seen as an excessive precaution? A continued mandate will hurt bookings.

I felt the same as the OP when I saw videos of the first cruises. But the more I thought about it, I've already done 4 cruises and this one will be something different and new. Better? I dont know, I havent done the post covid cruise yet. But like most things new in life, i expect a few disappointments....and lots of wonderful new surprises!

I can see masks being the last thing to go, absolutely. However (and perhaps it’s just my bias speaking), I am doubtful that masks are here to stay.

People will put up with them now because there is pent-up demand for cruising and (enough) people feel the masks are a reasonable precaution at this point in time. But once that pent-up demand ebbs, and masks are by and large seen as an excessive precaution? A continued mandate will hurt bookings.
Hopefully you are right. I was surprised when they started stationing castmembers outside the dining rooms with hand sanitizers on the Magic in 2003 because of Norovirus that there were people offended by that.

Hopefully you are right. I was surprised when they started stationing castmembers outside the dining rooms with hand sanitizers on the Magic in 2003 because of Norovirus that there were people offended by that.

And the enforcement was so lax, I wonder if it became really more of a CYA than anything else.

I shudder to think of a scenario where masks eventually become normalized on a cruise.

I have bad memories of trying to get an elevator on the Magic, to the point I told my wife I'm not interested in sailing on the Wonder. The Dream and Fantasy weren't too bad. I am looking forward to our upcoming cruise and hope a lot of people stay home.

That is horrible. I would have said something, either directly to the boy, and/or complained to a CM about someone intentionally hurting me, and pointing the boy out, bringing the CM down to that row and pointing out the boy who did it. Really. I'm sure nothing would have come of it, but it at least would have made that brat uncomfortable.

Sadly I believe there's a lack of respect/concern for others being exhibited by many adults and even those in positions of authority such that the child might not have had any regrets with the behavior and possible the parents also. :confused3

It's been 28 long months since we've cruised with a hopeful return in 10 days. Just 2 adults in our party. Right now it looks like INTROVERT HEAVEN. We agreed we will likely not have this opportunity again in the future for such low crowds. Do I love the thought of wearing my mask indoors? No, but if that's the "cost" to get back onboard one of these ships, it's a small price to pay (for us).

Do I think some of the energy will be lacking? Yes. Am I concerned? A bit. I'd rather try it and see what that experience is. Will we miss Skyline? Yes? My BFF the popcorn? Yes. The Pirate Party? NO. Now not going to any of our original ports? Mostly - as we have been trying to visit San Juan for more than a year now. It's actually giving us new opportunities like in the spa and the family beach, which will be a first. It is what you make of it?

I’m wondering if mask practices where you live has something to do with it too—as in why I’m not at all bothered by the indoor masks in the videos. The kids wear masks all day everyday and school and we adults wear them for work, groceries, shopping—anywhere indoors. I honestly don’t even notice the mask when it is on my face any more.

Some more empty Dream pics:
Enchanted Garden with empty tables

Pub 687 for a drink before dinner. There were only two other couples in there at 7:45 pm

Had no problem getting this shot on Deck 3. I have the same pic from previous cruises but had to wait until no one was walking but this time it was like this often.

We were in Cabin 7110. Hardly ever saw people in the hall coming from and going to our cabin.

The adult Masquerade Party on Deck.

Last edited:
Sadly I believe there's a lack of respect/concern for others being exhibited by many adults and even those in positions of authority such that the child might not have had any regrets with the behavior and possible the parents also. :confused3

I'd have put my kid through the nearest wall had he done that, and found a way to give this lady the sincerest of apologies and a $100 handshake to please forgive my idiot child and my apparent personal failing as a parent to not make clear that such behavior is wholly unacceptable.

Then I'd ask the Captain if there were any hard-to-reach cleaning areas where a pre-teen armed with a scrub brush could be of assistance for a few hours.

I'd have put my kid through the nearest wall had he done that, and found a way to give this lady the sincerest of apologies and a $100 handshake to please forgive my idiot child and my apparent personal failing as a parent to not make clear that such behavior is wholly unacceptable.

Then I'd ask the Captain if there were any hard-to-reach cleaning areas where a pre-teen armed with a scrub brush could be of assistance for a few hours.
Yeah, at the time I just wanted to get me and my crying kiddo out of there so we left right away and got ice creams on the pool deck and watched funnel vision instead, but I've seen so much bad behavior on Disney cruise and disney parks and I feel like engaging the parents rarely helps--they get defensive and it can escalate really quick and it's just not worth it. I just love the idea of not having a whole bunch of other people--less likelihood we will have to deal with other people behaving badly drama!

Yeah, at the time I just wanted to get me and my crying kiddo out of there so we left right away and got ice creams on the pool deck and watched funnel vision instead, but I've seen so much bad behavior on Disney cruise and disney parks and I feel like engaging the parents rarely helps--they get defensive and it can escalate really quick and it's just not worth it. I just love the idea of not having a whole bunch of other people--less likelihood we will have to deal with other people behaving badly drama!

I can certainly appreciate that: I'd have probably saved putting the child through the wall AFTER I chased you down to apologize and provided said handshake!

I can certainly appreciate that: I'd have probably saved putting the child through the wall AFTER I chased you down to apologize and provided said handshake!
You are a rarity sir, good parenting props to you. I went to school of hard knocks and I always tell my daughter how good she has it compared to her Mom and myself. I always joke to my wife my kid could not make it one day in my life when I was her age. Yea I am pretty calm but strict, my wife is the yeller. I was on a flight once with my daughter and she was a baby crying and fussing. I felt bad for the surrounding people on the plane and bought drinks for the row in front, back and to the side of us. Too many parents feel entitled once they go on vacation. Majority of the time the behavior of the child reflects on the parents personality.

The boy would have felt uncomfortable being pointed out to staff, remorseful or not. That's why I would have done it.

I certainly wouldn't expect remorse from someone who would trip a stranger and then laugh when they fall and get hurt. That's why that person needs some consequence, even if it's just being called out.

I was on a B2B in Aug on the Dream and JUST got off the Fantasy this AM… there were definitely changes from the cruise in Aug to the one we just got off…silly things like a lot more movies on Funnel Vision (because there were literally 4 movies they showed on the Aug cruise), filling the trams on CC, more tastings…just some examples of how they are slowly starting to try stuff. I did talk to a officer while we were waiting for the pilot to jump off and she said they are definitely learning in every cruise what is working and not. She said,and did not further explain, there were something that are only going to be temporary but somethings that have really worked and are here to stay. The difference between my 2 cruises was the 1st one you didn’t have to be vaccinated and if you were…no Covid tests and now full vaccinated 12+ and everyone gets a Covid test. As far as masks go I mean wearing them inside the ship wasn’t really bothersome and getting pics with the characters and Princesses now seems easier then ever. I have the 6 night booked at the end of the month.. if anything I would say what is holding me back from booking another one after that is the food quality has gone down especially in Cabanas and quick service.

You are a rarity sir, good parenting props to you. I went to school of hard knocks and I always tell my daughter how good she has it compared to her Mom and myself. I always joke to my wife my kid could not make it one day in my life when I was her age. Yea I am pretty calm but strict, my wife is the yeller. I was on a flight once with my daughter and she was a baby crying and fussing. I felt bad for the surrounding people on the plane and bought drinks for the row in front, back and to the side of us. Too many parents feel entitled once they go on vacation. Majority of the time the behavior of the child reflects on the parents personality.

I'm the yeller in the house. I never lay my hands on my kid because he's probably the most considerate person I've met, but I'd break that streak for deliberately hurting a mom and her kid.

I did the same thing on a flight once!

Good to see I'm not alone, thanks for the support! I'm 100% with you as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter