Sobering videos of fantasy cruise

I agree but do people really watch it? I didn't in August but Ive heard the shpeil 23 times.
We watched it on the funnel vision. They basically had everyone freeze what they were doing while the video showed (if you were in the pool, you could stay in to watch). Since it was a video, they also added in other safety things like what to do if you see someone fall overboard, so I thought it was more informative than the usual muster drill.

Most of the time, if they had to politely turn someone away, they would just go to one of the other bars (On the fantasy it was usually La Piazza which is right in the center) and wait for some folks to leave. They didn't have lines per se, it never got that crowded however there were multiple times that we were in Ooh La La that people would come in and they would politely let them know they were at capacity for seating but they could still order a drink at the bar if they wanted something to go.

I did notice on the Dream recently that they had stand signs at all the doors to the lounges that said "Venue at Capacity" or something like that. Never saw them have to put it out on the Dream but they were there if they needed to.

MJ

I did notice on the Dream recently that they had stand signs at all the doors to the lounges that said "Venue at Capacity" or something like that. Never saw them have to put it out on the Dream but they were there if they needed to.

They were in pretty regular use on the Fantasy. I don't know if they were more aggressive about social distancing or maybe it was just the way the venues are laid out compared to the Dream? Either way, it was never a problem.

They were in pretty regular use on the Fantasy. I don't know if they were more aggressive about social distancing or maybe it was just the way the venues are laid out compared to the Dream? Either way, it was never a problem.

Who knows. The few times we went to the clubs this cruise there were only a few other couples there. Very empty.

A lot of people are really enjoying the empty nature of the cruises right now.
I would not be one of them. It looks like a ghost ship to me, kinda creepy.
I loved the energy of other people around, the vibe of the ship was just exciting and fun. Sure, we had to wait for things but that's all part of it. Where ya gonna go anyway? You're on a ship in the middle of the ocean!

We're scheduled for Sept 2022. If things don't "pick up" we're going to cancel. I don't get a lot of value and happiness from being on a nearly empty Disney cruise ship. But that's just me.

I loved the energy of other people around, the vibe of the ship was just exciting and fun. Sure, we had to wait for things but that's all part of it. Where ya gonna go anyway? You're on a ship in the middle of the ocean!

We're scheduled for Sept 2022. If things don't "pick up" we're going to cancel. I don't get a lot of value and happiness from being on a nearly empty Disney cruise ship. But that's just me.

Totally understandable. Its all based on each person. The things that we enjoy on a Disney cruise were in no way affected so we still decided to sail and had a great time. The "emptyness" of the ship is definitely balanced out by the phenomenal crew on board who were over the moon excited to see us. It was definitely a positive and not a negative.

We took a Fantasy 7 night sailing the week before Easter back in 2019 and the ship was completely full (We know because we called to try and add a friend to our room and were told the ship was at capacity and we couldn't add them). It was the most miserable sailing to date we have had on DCL because the ship was so packed.

We'll keep enjoying the reduced capacity sailings till things truly go back to more normal.

I agree but do people really watch it? I didn't in August but Ive heard the shpeil 23 times.

I totally understand what you're saying but I'll tell my story regarding this (though not Disney). I was on the Adventure of the Seas this past summer out of Nassau. We had a short muster where we gathered on deck 4 for a small crew demonstration and asked to find our muster station after that. The second part (and even some of the first part because there were no good instructions about where to go) was blown off by many people but I made my way to both the required demo and the station. Well wouldn't you know that one night during the trip, as I was about to fall asleep around 11pm, the alarm starts going off. 7 short blasts and 1 long. I thought it was a fluke at first but it kept twice...then three.....then four. I jumped my butt out of bed after 4 rounds and told my gf that we need to move it NOW because the alarm wasn't stopping. My heart was pounding.

I let her put something appropriate on, I put on shorts and I ran to the closet and grabbed our life jackets and wallets. The alarm kept going so I took our jackets and made sure the gf was behind me and I led her three decks down and to the muster spot (alarm still blaring). The gf and I were the first ones there, even beating our assigned crew member. All around us were confused people, people ignoring the alarm and some people who were scared out of their wits in the corridors and stairwell (it was a reduced capacity cruise).

As she and I stood at our muster, the alarm continued to go and our crew member finally made their way over. They were equally confused. No other guest arrived at our station. The alarm kept going for another 5-10 minutes before it finally stopped. After a few more minutes, our crew member told us that they finally heard over their radio that there was no ACTUAL emergency but the alarm system malfunctioned. The g/f and I stepped outside to our lifeboat area to grab a breather after the scare and the staff (mostly in their PJs) made their way down deck 4 to their areas. We even saw a few of the theater comedians and singers in their PJs working their way back to their rooms.

So while I understand the complacency, I always recommend that everyone do the muster no matter how virtual or disorganized....you never know when a real emergency will hit....or maybe malfunction...

If there is a way to balance the "emptiness" while still having all services, activities, entertainment available and not having to wear a mask, it would be the ideal cruise for our family. For now, I think we will focus on a vacation where Covid doesn't really limit what we can do.

Who knows. The few times we went to the clubs this cruise there were only a few other couples there. Very empty.
Silly question perhaps, but I'm an adult who's sailing solo for the first time and doesn't drink. Do they serve sodas at the adult clubs, as well as alcoholic beverages? Do they have any snacks, or is it just drinks?

Basic things (as I understand it) like not being able to play basketball, ping pong or shuffle board) and such limited entertainment options really are factors for us. We are not yet at the stage of life where eating and laying around poolsi
Was on Dream last week and mini golf, basketball and shuffleboard were available. We did them all. Didn't see a pingpong table but I'd assume that would have been available.

Silly question perhaps, but I'm an adult who's sailing solo for the first time and doesn't drink. Do they serve sodas at the adult clubs/bars, as well as alcoholic beverages? Do they have any snacks, or is it just drinks?
You can purchase soft drinks in the bars. I have been in O'Gills when they had an assortment of free snacks available. You can also purchase more substantial food. I've included the link to The Disney Cruise Line Blog Disney Cruise Line Menus • The Disney Cruise Line Blog for the bar menus (drinks and food) from the Magic Disney Magic - After Hours Drink Menus | Fathoms | O'Gills | Keys • The Disney Cruise Line Blog and the Fantasy Disney Fantasy - Europa Drink Menus | Skyline Lounge | O'Gills | The Tube | Ooh La La • The Disney Cruise Line Blog

An empty cruise would be my dream cruise.
Completely empty (only you and the crew) would be creepy imo. But a very lightly attended cruise sounds great to me, and I hope my cruise later this month falls into that category. I don't need a crowd to have a good time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter