• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Soarin' from Scotland to Mickey - our June 09 adventure! *updated 12/20 - the end!

Hey that Mickey pic from the parade would do good in the photo contest on the photography thread if they have that subject!

Haha, K and Daddy pretending to sleep. :)

Glad the girls are feeling better!

Your pictures are awesome! I love the one of the balloons!

Hey that Mickey pic from the parade would do good in the photo contest on the photography thread if they have that subject!

I thought that was a great pic also!

Glad both girls were feeling better. The video Hula Hooping was very cute!

That is an insane amount for a doctor visit and medicine!:mad: I imagine that they do not accept health insurance since you are in a tourist town. Glad the girls were doing better.

Glad your girls recovered quickly!

They did thankfully!

Would love to say I took the pic but it as DH!
Daddy once did fall asleep on IASW so he likes to joke about it with the girls!

poor girl:sick:
But I'm glad they both felt better and enjoyed a wonderful night at Disney:cool1:

It was a lovely night but I was just so glad the girls felt better.

Glad the girls were feeling better! Those light up ears look cute!

The light up ears were great! When E got bored wearing them DH and I had to draw straws!!

Glad the girls are feeling better!

Your pictures are awesome! I love the one of the balloons!

I love the balloons on Main Street

I thought that was a great pic also!

Glad both girls were feeling better. The video Hula Hooping was very cute!

I loved that video. I thought the CM was so kind helping her.

That is an insane amount for a doctor visit and medicine!:mad: I imagine that they do not accept health insurance since you are in a tourist town. Glad the girls were doing better.

It was a lot wasn't it. Oh well I have the insurance claim forms and hope to get a lot back!

Wake tentatively this morning and check on my 2 girls and thankfully I was faced with 2 smiling faces, up and ready for some adventures! :banana::banana:

DSCF1738.jpg

So it was off to Hollywood Studios this morning – once again for opening!! Similar to everyone else visiting the park that day we nominated someone (Steve!!!) to go for fast passes to Toy Story Mania. He walked on over there at opening and we walked slowly up towards Pixar Place and met him when he was done. Fast passes in hand we made a plan for the time we had left before we were due to ride TSM. Now Dad was toying with the idea of riding Tower of Terror for the first time. DH persuaded him that it would be fine so off the two of them went – Dad looking less than keen! We headed to somewhere that K had been excited about for a long time! You guessed it! Playhouse Disney!

DSCF1739.jpg

DSCF1747.jpg

We were about the 4th family in there so got a place at the very front in the middle section. While we waited for the room to fill they played songs from Playhouse Disney. Most of these K knew and she and E seemed to be re-energised after their 2 days of relative relaxing (well almost!) and the 2 of them were dancing away, making silly faces and causing Mum and I to laugh so hard our sides were splitting. Here is a wee video of the 2 of them having a boogie!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v704/RinkyTink/?action=view&current=DSCF1748.flv

Next we went into the Animation shop and through to the area where Sorcerer Mickey does his meet and greet. So far K has not approached any character at all. Kept a safe distance. However she spots Mickey and declares she wants to cuddle him. Not believing she means it I give her her autograph book and get in line. Its our turn and off she goes with her big sister. A little tentatively at first but then she relaxes and does just what she planned. She gave him a big cuddle and posed for a pic. E does a great job in encouraging and helping her.

DSCF1761.jpg

After our photos we move to the area where you can play a game to see what Disney character you are most like. E goes first and finds that she is like Tinkerbell which she is overjoyed about. K wants to try so she does it with E asking her the questions. She got to the one that said “do you like to (1) eat lunch with nice people or (2) eat nice people for lunch?”. Well her hand shot out and touched the screen and sadly touched the second answer. So she ended up being like Maleficent!!!!!! She was seriously unhappy about this and gave the computer one of her super grumpy stares! E thought it was hilarious! :rotfl:

Afterwards we made our way back to TSM where we found Steve and Dad waiting. Dad survived and best of all enjoyed it! As it was no fun really to ride TSM in an odd number as someone would have noone to play against Mum, Dad, Steve and E went first and I waited with K. E and I would ride later. It was really hot so I decided to take K into One Mans Dream. I was not sure if I could keep her busy but I love this attraction and I wanted to try to share some of it with her. I told her about Walt in words she could understand and she said he was Mickeys Daddy and he built the parks. I showed her all the exhibits then I thought I would chance my luck and try to get her to sit quietly through the movie. To my surprise she did! It helped that it was Mary Poppins’ voice on the film – she spotted that straight away. :lmao: It was the first time I had a chance to see the film and it was fabulous. I loved the old footage of Walt as a younger man – you usually only see the pictures of him as an older man. It was quite a touching film.

When we had done so had the rest of the family on Toy Story Mania! They loved it – it was the first time that Mum and Dad had rode it and they really enjoyed it. E and I then had our turn and it was great. Here are our scores. I sadly did not beat DHs score – typical!

P1040108.jpg

We came back out towards the hat and some more characters were out. As K had broken the seal on her character obsession she was with her sister in line. They got to meet Minnie…..

DSCF1771.jpg

DSCF1774.jpg

Donald…….

DSCF1780.jpg

And E met Tigger and Eyeore (K did not want to meet them. One step too far maybe???)

DSCF1782.jpg

Lunch was calling and we went to the Backlot Express for something to eat. It was delicious and we ate up everything.
As we made our way back the HSM show was starting but sadly it got rained off as soon as it started. The rain lasted all but a few minutes which was a pain as it could have gone ahead if it has been a few minutes later.

DSCF1789.jpg

As we had lots planned for the next day we head home via some shops and have a little retail therapy! We decide to have dinner at home and a night in the villa relaxing. Girls seem to be back to normal today but I didn’t think that an early night would go amiss.

Saying that Dad, DH and I nipped out for a little trip to Walmart!! We can't resist while Mum read her book in the villa! Tomorrow back to Epcot and a surprise for my family in the evening!!!!

Is that a Charlie and Lola shirt I see?

It sure is! We are fans in this house. I actually bought that for her in the shop in the UK at Epcot. It says "I will not ever never eat a carrot!" We thought it was appropriate!!! ;)

I'm so glad that your little one sat thru the One Man's movie. I love it too. I can't wait to be able to see it in October on my solo trip. DH isn't a fan of it so I've missed it the last couple trips.

I'm so glad that your little one sat thru the One Man's movie. I love it too. I can't wait to be able to see it in October on my solo trip. DH isn't a fan of it so I've missed it the last couple trips.

That was my first time and I loved it. I'm sure K took none of it in but never mind. I really enjoyed seeing Walt as a younger man and he really had fun and laughter in his face. When you see the older version sometimes its hard to imagine that he had that in him. He has a kind and smiling face but not that sense of nonsense you know? But to see him larking about made total sense and he had just a lovely smile. I was quite touched by it.

I am all caught up again! We've been on a mini vacation down at the Biltmore in North Carolina.
I think K is just adorable! She is so funny, I really enjoy all of her antics. E is such a wonderful sister, and a sweetheart worrying about spoiling everyone's time when she was sick. You have nice girls! :goodvibes I'm glad they recovered so quickly.
The Walmart shopping is interesting... what do you like buying? I am wondering what you got while here that you don't have there?
Have you got a Pandora bracelet? You mentioned looking at the beads. They are so pretty!

Great update. I'm so glad K decided to meet the characters! The pictures are cute.

I love the shirt!

I am all caught up again! We've been on a mini vacation down at the Biltmore in North Carolina.
I think K is just adorable! She is so funny, I really enjoy all of her antics. E is such a wonderful sister, and a sweetheart worrying about spoiling everyone's time when she was sick. You have nice girls! :goodvibes I'm glad they recovered so quickly.
The Walmart shopping is interesting... what do you like buying? I am wondering what you got while here that you don't have there?
Have you got a Pandora bracelet? You mentioned looking at the beads. They are so pretty!

Thanks for the compliments on my girls. They are very special and lovely company!

I do have a chamilia bracelet that I bought last year at Disney with a couple of disney beads. I have quite a few pandora and more chamilia charms on it aswell now. I love it! Just looking for some murano glass ones now to add some colour.

Walmart????
Where do I start? I have no idea why we love it so much! We have Asda here which is part of Walmart but its not as good! You have to remember the exchange rate is in our favour so that fuels our buying of useless things. This year, amongst other things, I bought:
Large pump bottles of shampoo and conditioner ( 2 of each - luggage weight allowance in that alone!)
Advil (they work so well and easy on the stomach. Bring huge bottle of those!)
Antibiotic gel. We can't get that at home so i usually bring loads for us and some for our friends aswell!
Calgel infant teething gel. We usually get this for us but as K is older we only had to bring that back for friends!
BandAids with characters on them. This year we bought Elmo, Littlest Petshop, Hello Kitty, High School Musical, Hannah Montana and Tinkerbell. We now have enough to last years. You don't get those at home either.
Assorted toiletries!
Craft sets for E. Great value.
DH got a hydration pack for his cycling.
T shirts as souveniers
Dog pressies for Millie. New collar this year!
Elmo crackers! K loves these!
Goldfish crackers and Kelloggs jellies. We have enough to last months!
Craft bits and bobs.
Stationary.
Kids plates and cups.
Kids sunglasses.
Toys. Brands that we can't get at home mainly and some just because we are on holiday and it is a treat. K loves Elmo and we can't get many Elmo things at home.

the list goes on! We shopped a lot at Target too this time as it was close to the villa. Noone will ever understand the pull of Walmart!

It sure is! We are fans in this house. I actually bought that for her in the shop in the UK at Epcot. It says "I will not ever never eat a carrot!" We thought it was appropriate!!! ;)

I think that show is adorable. And that shirt is too! :goodvibes

Wow! You are a serious Walmart shopper! ;) I do understand that feeling of being on vacation and seeing things you can't get at home and snatching them up.
My Pandora bracelet is full. I am thinking of splitting it into 2. The enamel beads always catch my eye. I haven't heard of a chamilia bracelet. I will have to look it up. It would be fun to have Disney beads!

Wow! You are a serious Walmart shopper! ;) I do understand that feeling of being on vacation and seeing things you can't get at home and snatching them up.
My Pandora bracelet is full. I am thinking of splitting it into 2. The enamel beads always catch my eye. I haven't heard of a chamilia bracelet. I will have to look it up. It would be fun to have Disney beads!

Chamilia and Pandora are almost identical. They do the Disney range and they are gorgeous. I have the cinderella coach and the castle charms from that range They are lovely. Think there is something about other brands of charms not fitting a pandora bracelet but pandora charms do fit all other brands. Or something like that. If you are thinking of getting one you should check on that! here is the link to chamilia.

Chamilia beads

Would love to see your full bracelet if you have a pic. They are so beautiful when they are full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter