• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Soarin' from Scotland to Mickey - our June 09 adventure! *updated 12/20 - the end!

Your trip report is awesome! I almost laughed out loud about your dad's comment on the bald spot. I am work, so that probably wouldn't have been a good thing. :)

DSCF1531.jpg

This morning we headed off the beaten track up the I4 to SeaWorld. We all love SeaWorld - even if I only saw Shamu and nothing else I would leave happy. :cloud9: We all had different things we wanted to do and see today so we planned that we would split up when needed. The park seemed to be reasonably quiet today and we got in fine using the tickets we printed from the internet. Can you believe that we were there for opening again? It has to be some sort of a record. As expected Steve headed straight to Manta as he was looking forward to riding it. Personally I thought it looked horrific! :scared1:

DSCF1528.jpg

Line was not too long for Manta so we made a plan to meet up later and headed to the dolphin feeding which E was excited to do. We got there and there were a few families in line so we joined the end. I sat there while E and K wandered over to look at the rays. After a short wait we were let in. Now this is where we realised that in order to go to the feeding area everyone in the party had to buy a dish of food at $7 each. Really only E wanted to feed the dolphins so Granny and Grandad walked round to the observation area to watch her feeding the dolphins and I took the girls in. I paid for E and I, and K went free. After listening to the safety briefing off we went. K did not want to feed at all and I only did one fish and let E do the rest of mine as well as her own so she was very happy. She really enjoyed it and loved the way they felt.

DSCF1416.jpg

DSCF1421.jpg

During this time Steve had done Manta (which he enjoyed but thought that it got a bit boring towards the end) and then Krakken (which he still rates higher as it is intense all the way through). K is shattered already and falls asleep in her buggy so Mum, Dad, Steve and E go off to do Journey to Atlantis. I found some shade near the drop in order to take their pic on the way down. Then I spotted it! A stall selling Candy Floss (I think it is called cotton candy in the States?). I couldn’t resist and I bought some. I actually ate so much I started to feel a bit sick! Mum and E stayed reasonably dry but the 2 men were at the front and got drenched.

DSCF1428.jpg

Now for the main reason K is in SeaWorld. Elmo! She has been looking forward to the Elmo and Abby show for a long time. Steve and I take her while E takes her Granny and Grandad to Shamu’s Happy Harbour. She wakes up in time and is a bit apprehensive about it starting. However when it starts she is loving it. Singing and clapping along. And did you know? (as we have been informed many times since) Elmo had pants!!!! Green ones! For some reason that tickled her. I don’t know what she expected him to wear to the beach. I suppose it is to be wondered why he puts on pants to go to the beach and wears nothing the rest of the time. Its like Donald Duck isn’t it? He wears just a t-shirt during the day with no bottoms and then when he comes out the bath he wraps a towel round his waist! Why??? One of life’s great mysteries!!!
After the show there is the chance to meet Elmo. She is determined to cuddle Elmo. And she does! Seemingly he is soft and tickley in case you are wondering. K and I had our Elmo T-shirts on in his honour!!!!

DSCF1434.jpg

DSCF1445.jpg

Meeting place for the other half of our team is in Shamu Stadium. E has had a great time in Shamus Happy Harbour. She has ridden the rollercoaster (a lot), had an ice cream treat and got stuck at the top of the rope climbing frame. Dad had to do some climbing to rescue her!
Believe was amazing! I can never believe the trust which must exist between the whales and the trainers. It must be an amazing feeling to interact with them like that. Unlike last year the big whale did come out and duly soaked everyone! One guy got drenched then proceeded to run up the stairs. Bit late pal! Here are some pics I took as the big whale did its thing!

P1030934.jpg

P1040039.jpg

P1030980.jpg

P1030994-2.jpg

Lunch next and we sat at a table next to the strangest squirrel. It was so tame but it insisted in lying flat out. Who knows why but it did look odd.
Now during the course of today I had noticed that K was feeling a bit hot. Hard to tell though as it was glorious all day and we all felt hot. Decided to keep an eye on her in case it is more than just the heat. She is happy in herself though so looked OK.

Home for some food and a freshen up and change and it was off to Downtown Disney tonight. They were doing a disco by the World of Disney so my 2 could not resist a wiggle. We spent the rest of the evening shopping and watching E and K ride the carousel. E chose some new pins for her lanyard and gave K a few for her to swap which was really kind. I bought beautiful Christmas ornaments and asked for them to be personalised. I do that every trip – E now had 4 different ones – all marked with her name and year. Should be something she can keep forever. They chose Tinkerbell ones this time.

Here are my girls in their lanyards!

P1040043.jpg

Back home and to bed. Katie feeling a bit hot still so give her some Calpol (Tylenol equivalent) and off to bed. Slow start tomorrow at last!

Wanted to post a pic of my DIY lime green mickey head. Although I have to admit I did most of the time forget to look out for them I did not see anyone. Someone spotted mine on Soarin but didn’t say Hi. Was hoping to meet some fellow disers when I was there. So that was a bit disappointing. I had found a lime green mickey pin which I put on my bag. Here is a pic.

DSCN0372.jpg

Great pictures from Sea World!

Yup, it's cotton candy in the states.

I like your Mickey pin!!

loving your report, your gang sound like great fun. Thanks for putting Singing Kettle songs into my head.... they introduced Bunny Foo Foo and many other gems into our household, thankfully she's stopped singing them now, she's 13 !!! LOL.

Great pictures from Sea World!

Yup, it's cotton candy in the states.

I like your Mickey pin!!

It was DHs pin but I nicked it!!!! I thought it was very DIS!

loving your report, your gang sound like great fun. Thanks for putting Singing Kettle songs into my head.... they introduced Bunny Foo Foo and many other gems into our household, thankfully she's stopped singing them now, she's 13 !!! LOL.

You are so lucky! Singing Kettle is very big in this house! If they are not singing them they are watching the many DVDs they have! Its a twice a year trip for us and a Christmas Eve tradition! The joys!

Has E fed the sting rays? That's a lot of fun too at Sea World if you are brave enough!

Great Sea World pictures. I can't beleive $7.00 for a few fish. I hope that K didn't get sick on your trip!

Love the SeaWorld pics. Still need to go myself. Been to the one in TX, but not here in Florida.

Isn't there always one person that doesn't listen to the warning about getting wet and then gets upset.j:sad2:

I have been wanting to ride Manta.

Hope K was feeling better the next day. And I never see fellow Dis members either, unless it is planned.

Wait, did your Mom plan like she did for AK?:laughing:

So enjoying your TR, your getting me in the mood for our our own trip in a week:cloud9:...please keep the updates coming fast an furious because I'm scared :scared:I miss out whilst we're away:lmao:

This is so funny. I was reading your trip report and you mentioned the Little Bunny Foo Foo song. Yesterday I pick up my kids at daycare, and I notice my son didn't nap very long. So, I mention it to the daycare lady. She says, "Yeah, he was sitting in there singing the Little Bunny Foo Foo song." I was just shocked. How random is that?

No pics today. Not even one was taken!!!!

So I will share a pic that DH took and thought was very ironic!

P1030545.jpg

Very slow start this morning which was great. Got plans for shopping today and we decided on the Florida Mall since it was indoors and the weather looked to be a bit rainy. K not too bad this morning so was hoping it had passed. Gave her some Calpol just in case she got hot again. Did some serious shopping and had lunch. Got a few nice things to take home. I got myself a lovely GShock watch as I really wanted a digital watch for my time at Uni and on placement. Thought it would do me better than the watch I have at the moment. It’s a clear one with a sort of copper/peach colour on it. Really nice. Also had a look in Polka Dots at the Pandora charms. I didn’t get one as there were a lot of people in there and the line was long. I could not even get in to have a good look. E had a look in the Japan Inc store which sells lots of Hello Kitty stuff and also in the store which has the wave simulator in it. She loves to watch the people surf on it. For lunch I had Bourbon Chicken. What is that stuff? Its lovely. We can’t get it at home so must have it at the Florida Mall. Its has to be done!

As time passed noticed that K was getting hot and that E was starting to flag a lot which is not like her. Her temp then started to go up so we headed home. Got the girls some medicine and tried to get them settled. E complaining of a sore throat but K just hot. Short report! Our ADR for 1900 Park Fayre to have breakfast with Mary Poppins does not look good at this point.

Has E fed the sting rays? That's a lot of fun too at Sea World if you are brave enough!

Did not see the feeding for the sting rays. Might try that next time!

Great Sea World pictures. I can't beleive $7.00 for a few fish. I hope that K didn't get sick on your trip!

They were very expensive fish!!!! Dolphins have expensive tastes!

Love the SeaWorld pics. Still need to go myself. Been to the one in TX, but not here in Florida.

Isn't there always one person that doesn't listen to the warning about getting wet and then gets upset.j:sad2:

I have been wanting to ride Manta.

Hope K was feeling better the next day. And I never see fellow Dis members either, unless it is planned.

Wait, did your Mom plan like she did for AK?:laughing:

You should do SeaWorld - its a really good park. If you buy a day ticket you get to come back within 7 days and have another day free. Think it is because its very hard to do it all in one day as a lot of it is shows.

No she didn't prepare!!! Thankfully! She only prepares like that for Kali River Rapids!

So enjoying your TR, your getting me in the mood for our our own trip in a week:cloud9:...please keep the updates coming fast an furious because I'm scared :scared:I miss out whilst we're away:lmao:

You haven't got long to wait at all. You must be gettign very excited! Hope you have an amazing time and can't wait to read your trip report - you have to do one!!!!!

Seaworld looks like a lot of fun. Love the photo of your daughter feeding the dolphin.

She really enjoyed it!

This is so funny. I was reading your trip report and you mentioned the Little Bunny Foo Foo song. Yesterday I pick up my kids at daycare, and I notice my son didn't nap very long. So, I mention it to the daycare lady. She says, "Yeah, he was sitting in there singing the Little Bunny Foo Foo song." I was just shocked. How random is that?

That song is going to haunt everyone now!!!!

great day at Seaworld!! The Believe show is amazing!!

How funny about Elmo's pants and Donald's towel:rotfl:

I love Believe! Its fantastic!

The puzzle of Donalds pants will remain a mystery forever I think!

On no. I hope the girls were ok.

I need to check out the Florida Mall we haven't been.

That's kind of funny about that car window. Obviously someone didn't think Danny was excellent.

Oh, saw your note about the Seaworld tickets. Actually, for us FL residents, if we buy a one day pass we get in the rest of the year (or that was a promotion they had). Don't know why we haven't done that. I know Jacob would love it. Same for Busch Gardens, which is only 30 minutes away from the house. Guess I am just addicted to WDW and don't want to spend money elsewhere.

Ok, waiting to see how the girls were the next morning.

On no. I hope the girls were ok.

I need to check out the Florida Mall we haven't been.

That's kind of funny about that car window. Obviously someone didn't think Danny was excellent.

Oh, saw your note about the Seaworld tickets. Actually, for us FL residents, if we buy a one day pass we get in the rest of the year (or that was a promotion they had). Don't know why we haven't done that. I know Jacob would love it. Same for Busch Gardens, which is only 30 minutes away from the house. Guess I am just addicted to WDW and don't want to spend money elsewhere.

Ok, waiting to see how the girls were the next morning.

Thats good about the SeaWorld tickets! GO! You will love it!

I am a bit WDW addicted too and see any day spent elsewhere as a wasted Disney day!!!

Got up this morning and Emma really did not look great. :sick::sick: She was clearly ill and need to be seen by a doctor. Her temp was very high and I could not get it down at all even with the calpol and nurofen that I brought with me. K still hot but seemed to be getting over the worst of it. E having a major panic about the fact that everyone was going to miss the 1900 Park Fayre breakfast I had booked despite being told that that everyone did not mind and were just concerned that she was feeling better. So I cancelled the ADR and made a new one for Monday at the same time. This seemed to make her feel better about missing it and “letting everyone down” as she called it. Poor little thing, she is very sensitive sometimes. :rolleyes: Was very worried about her as she is not often ill. So by 9am we were in the CentraCare waiting for the doctor. Should I admit this? OK so I was a teeny bit concerned about swine flu!!!!!!!! You never know do you no matter what your logical mind tells you. Anyway she is examined and she has tonsilitus. I did not get K seen as she seemed to be recovering and the price to have E seen and a course of amoxicillin was $275. :scared1::scared1: Extortionate. Hope to get most it back from my holiday insurance. But that is daylight robbery. Amoxycillin is so cheap - $10 at the most. So to charge $265 for a 3 min consultation is a licence to print money. I suppose they can charge whatever they like – I would still have had to pay it for her to be seen. I think we take the NHS here for granted!!!!

E seems to brighten up a wee bit when she knows what is wrong with her so we get back to the villa and I decide to put both girls back to bed for a wee sleep. They drop off no problem and so we set about reading/watching TV/going online/tidying etc. They sleep for about 3 hours and both wake up feeling a bit better. Granny had bought them some craft sets at Jo Anns (we made a sneaky trip when the girls were asleep!!!!) so they spent some time at the table doing origami with her Grandad and making sun catchers with me. E was much brighter after her second dose of antibiotics and starting to get back to her smiley self. She starts to persuade us to take her out tonight but we decide to wait and see how things pan out.

E is insisting we go to the Magic Kingdom tonight. She is super determined that she feels a lot better and wants to go out. Doctor said there is no reason why she can’t go out and about. I am not sure but she seems to be so much better that I agree to go on the condition that if she starts to feel unwell we come straight home. At least it is cooler tonight and we are planning a very short trip. We will see how she gets on and play it by ear!

Here are my two at the entrance and you can see the smiles!

DSCF1541.jpg

Balloons!

DSCF1551.jpg

When we get into the Magic Kingdom we see the celebration parade at the hub. E and I join in with the conga. It was a really fun show.

DSCF1561.jpg

DSCF1568.jpg

DSCF1587.jpg

DSCF1599.jpg

We then take the opportunity to go through the castle which K was excited about. I love the mosaic in the castle. So intricate and beautiful. E requests that she rides the Haunted Mansion with Granny and Grandad so while they do that DH and I take K on its a small world. She is quite pleased about that!!!

DSCF1604.jpg

K and her Daddy pretending to sleep on IASW.

DSCF1606.jpg

We decide to ride on the Carousel again and so Steve takes the girls on. i am holding the bags and watch the three of them go find a horse. They are almost last ones on so they do have to look for some together. Then E runs off in the opposite direction to her dad so I set off walking round to see where she has gone. I spot her on a horse and beaming with delight as she has found Cinderella's horse. Obviously noone on the ride knew the importance of that horse!!!!! She was super pleased with herself!!!!!

DSCF1616.jpg

We ride a few rides in Fantasyland and as we are going on to Philharmagic I hear my name being called. It’s the girl who lives 2 doors down from us at home. Strange to meet up so far from home. We watch the show together which was nice. E holding up really well and seems to be managing fine and really enjoying herself so is given the choice as to whether she wants to wait for Spectromagic. She says yes so we get our usual spot and the girls have some fun hula hooping before it starts.

DSCF1620.jpg

E is really quite good at it but K is not so skilled!!!! Want to share a video I took of a lovely cast member helping K to do the hula! They do such a great job!

Katie hulahooping!

Bought the girls a light up of their choice. E chose light up ears and K chose a Tinkerbell light up.

DSCF1643.jpg

DSCF1639.jpg

Main Street!

DSCF1647.jpg

The parade was fantastic as usual. As it winded up we made our way to the exit, monorail and home.

At the end of a great night!!

DSCF1731.jpg

E wanted to stay longer but we didn’t want to push it. She got into bed and fell asleep. Considering what she had been through she did an amazing job today. We all went to bed hoping that both our girls wake up back to top form in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter