So who watched The Falcon and The Winter Soldier?

Isn't wanted? He's trying to be a superhero! They need as many people willing to do that job as they can get - you don't just say, nah, we got this. "Thanos is coming? Don't invite John Walker - he's a jerk. Well, he's not even really a jerk, but the senator who appointed him is even though John just tried to make the best of the situation - but still. If we're one guy short of beating Thanos, then oh well, because I don't want to let John do anything because my ego got bruised."

It's ridiculous. IF they wanted John to be offputting, they should have made him so. Now, that may change in future episodes, but so far he seems like a decent guy.

He may be trying to be a superhero, but he isn't one yet. He has no superpowers, nothing special except the shield. I think you're the only person I've seen so far who likes him at all, most people do seem to find him completely off-putting.

He may be trying to be a superhero, but he isn't one yet. He has no superpowers, nothing special except the shield. I think you're the only person I've seen so far who likes him at all, most people do seem to find him completely off-putting.

I just don't see it. I think people are just too attached to Steve - none of the circumstances are his fault and he came off as genuine in his first episode. Sam and Bucky are the ones being immature about it (well, I expect it of Bucky but not Sam) - like just refusing the ride they were offered and keeping walking. It's silly. It would have been a perfect opportunityy to TALK about things. Heck, even if Sam is really, really, mad about it he could just say so instead of the passive-aggressive nonsense.

Superpowers don't make a superhero!

Superpowers don't make a superhero!

Obviously, but he hasn't proven himself in any way, at least not to Sam and Bucky. And neither of them are super trusting of the government, with good reason, to accept their appointee to replace Steve without question.

Obviously, but he hasn't proven himself in any way, at least not to Sam and Bucky. And neither of them are super trusting of the government, with good reason, to accept their appointee to replace Steve without question.

I'm not saying "without question" - they just refuse to even ask any questions! It comes off as childish to me. Sam has obviosuly been doing work for the US Military so he can't be too distrusting of the government. Bucky probably is, but that guy's got issues. Sam should be the bigger man here.

Not so fast here. The GMA interview said he tested off the chart in every category before becoming the new Cap. We know there are other Super Soldiers in this world. I bet he was given serum and has been holding back on showing it.

Not so fast here. The GMA interview said he tested off the chart in every category before becoming the new Cap. We know there are other Super Soldiers in this world. I bet he was given serum and has been holding back on showing it.

I bet he gets it from the Power Broker during the course of the series.

For me it's that the Government just put somebody in the suit. There is something about John Walker that is to be off-putting. I am more thinking that it was dealt with in an underhanded way.

It seemed like they had someone in mind. All the "Cap is back" just annoys me.

For me it's that the Government just put somebody in the suit. There is something about John Walker that is to be off-putting. I am more thinking that it was dealt with in an underhanded way.

It seemed like they had someone in mind. All the "Cap is back" just annoys me.

True, but none of that is John's fault. Honestly, if they wanted to make John offputting then they should have done a better job in the story. Maybe it's the actor's fault, but he just seemed really genuine. The did the same dog and pony show for Steve and he hated it too!

But that would mean on purpose allowing The Flag Smashers to escape. That seems unlikely. If anything, I bet he gets the serum sometime in the next two episodes.

If everyone just talked out their problems, we wouldn’t have much left in terms of movie/tv/book plots...

I think JW is a basically good guy but also a bit cocky and doofus-y, and expects to be accepted as the new leader. Sam feels betrayed by the government, and Bucky feels betrayed by Sam, while they’re both grieving Steve. Ta-da, conflict!

Part of the problem is that Chris Evans did such a fine job of portraying Steve Rogers. And some of the fans are less enthused to see anyone just step into the Cap's costume. I personally loved Chris Evans so it's little bit of "Hey too soon" Yes I know that actor is gone. Yes I know the characters retired but still. So far the only thing that I can see as an issue with John Walker is he doesn't always watch how he approaches Sam and Bucky in conversation. Yeah they are being a little sensitive but I wouldn't exactly call Sam or Bucky wingman.

But that would mean on purpose allowing The Flag Smashers to escape. That seems unlikely. If anything, I bet he gets the serum sometime in the next two episodes.

Not necessarily. Bucky also was beaten by the Flag Smashers and we know he is a Super Soldier.

If everyone just talked out their problems, we wouldn’t have much left in terms of movie/tv/book plots...

I think JW is a basically good guy but also a bit cocky and doofus-y, and expects to be accepted as the new leader. Sam feels betrayed by the government, and Bucky feels betrayed by Sam, while they’re both grieving Steve. Ta-da, conflict!

That part is true, but the way it is portrayed in the show I think Sam is being too sensitive and John seems to be a nice guy, so for me that changes my opinion of Sam. I am not saying I WANT them to ge along, I'm jsut providing my assessment of the situation as it unfolded. If the show wanted to approach it differently then they could have, but they either didn't intend to or didn't convey it properly.

Last edited:
That part is true, but the way it is protrayed in the show I think Sam is being too sensitive and John seems to be a nice guy, so for me that changes my opinion of Sam. I am not saying I WANT them to ge along, I'm jsut providing my assessment of the situation as it unfolded. If the show wanted to approach it differently then they could have, but they either didn't intend to or didn't convey it properly.
I think John is more a victim of circumstance than anything. He's the personification of the betrayal by the government. I can see why Sam would be angry at the situation if he didn't see himself as worthy of being Cap then why should some "nobody" (to Sam) be worthy of being Cap. I also feel like it's a big troupe in film/tv to have a replacement be hated and main characters not wanting to interact with that person just because they aren't the original.

So, was episode three so boring nobody's been talking about it? I didn't much care for it either. It didn't have anough superhero action. I think it ws the obligatory "save some money" episode.

So, was episode three so boring nobody's been talking about it? I didn't much care for it either. It didn't have anough superhero action. I think it ws the obligatory "save some money" episode.

Omg. Is it bad I forgot all about it?! 😬 I think they kinda lost me a little bit.

It appears they’ve worked, but we actually have no way of knowing if they have without contact tracing. It really just comes down to the two states approached it completely differently and everybody will have an opinion on if one did it better than other. My personal opinion is both states had room for improvement in their respective approaches.

We loved it, Sam, Bucky and Zemo together were hilarious, and Sharon saving their butts was great. I really liked how it showed Karli's motivation, but then also her going too far. We were talking about it though (me, DH, DD14 and DS10), and we love the show, but there isn’t as much to talk about after each episode as there was with Wanda vision. That had more mystery, and Easter eggs, and we were rewatching to search for clues...

One thing I really appreciate with this show though (and WV to a lesser extent) is how it shows the world impact of the blip. It's not just everyone's back and happily ever after, it’s a new world.

Omg. Is it bad I forgot all about it?! 😬 I think they kinda lost me a little bit.

I get it - it was just too "Hong Kong gangster" type of stuff for me. I mean, Sam's in a shootout with a pistol - he can't call for his wings? That's a bit boring to me. I know they had a lot of exposition to get through so there waa that. I'm sure it'll pick up.

We loved it, Sam, Bucky and Zemo together were hilarious, and Sharon saving their butts was great. I really liked how it showed Karli's motivation, but then also her going too far. We were talking about it though (me, DH, DD14 and DS10), and we love the show, but there isn’t as much to talk about after each episode as there was with Wanda vision. That had more mystery, and Easter eggs, and we were rewatching to search for clues...

One thing I really appreciate with this show though (and WV to a lesser extent) is how it shows the world impact of the blip. It's not just everyone's back and happily ever after, it’s a new world.

I loved the Sam/Bucky/Zemo interactions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!