• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So who watched The Falcon and The Winter Soldier?

Agree! Who was that guy! Imitator

That guy is the US Agent from the comics. He was the first replacement Cap from when Steve relinquished the shield (the first time they did that story). He's a brash sort, but not really a bad guy. I am not sure they nailed his costume though:

That guy is the US Agent from the comics. He was the first replacement Cap from when Steve relinquished the shield (the first time they did that story). He's a brash sort, but not really a bad guy. I am not sure they nailed his costume though:

View attachment 564578
I think that part of the charm with the Marvel Movies and Series is the story arc of each character that emphasizes their human qualities. Hero and villain alike have something interesting in their background. Look at Thanos, he was just a misunderstood environmentalist. 🙃

I think that part of the charm with the Marvel Movies and Series is the story arc of each character that emphasizes their human qualities. Hero and villain alike have something interesting in their background. Look at Thanos, he was just a misunderstood environmentalist. 🙃

They definitely made Thanos more sympathetic int he movies - well, not sympathetic really, but he had relevant motivations. In the comics he was just in love with Death - capital D - and had no other motives to kill half the population of the universe.

I do hope they don't make US Agent a "bad guy" though. I mean, he's a government lackey, but he's not evil, or even mean. He's a bit of a stubborn jerk, but I hope they don't really drag him down for it. He became a really cool character eventually, but many writers don't know what to do with him and reduce him to a jingoistic "U-S-A - U-S-A" type, which is a shame.

View attachment 564578

Forgot the costume ! He looked like the Genie from Aladdin!

Watched the first episode- didn't grab me as much as the first episodes of Mandalorian or Wandavision but happy to stick with it. More interested in the stuff with Sam than the Bucky stuff at the moment.

Loving the start of the show so far. As others mentioned I really like that they are going to focus on the effects of half the population popping back into existence after 5 years and the ramifications of it. Loved the desert/canyon action piece at the start too. Just as good as anything from most of the movies.
The Captain America movies were my favorites from the MCU and one of, if not my favorite trilogy of all time so this was my most anticipated show they've announced.

Seen it twice. Excellent show. Disney is reporting that this was their number one series premier. When mandalorian came out on day one what they have under 20 million subscribers. So of course falcon and the winter soldier could easily beat that. Nothing against falcon and the winter soldier I loved it but it’s not fair comparing the two when you are talking more than 80 million subscriber difference.

Seen it twice. Excellent show. Disney is reporting that this was their number one series premier. When mandalorian came out on day one what they have under 20 million subscribers. So of course falcon and the winter soldier could easily beat that. Nothing against falcon and the winter soldier I loved it but it’s not fair comparing the two when you are talking more than 80 million subscriber difference.

That’s a great point! But I agree, both were great. I have not been disappointed by D+ yet. I hope they keep it up!!!

Yea it's hard to really judge the ratings from one show to another. like the subscriber base is an unfair assessment between the two as mentioned. but even comparing Mandalorian's season 2 premiere to it isn't really fair either as that was during late fall when it's colder and wetter out and more people were still laid off with less to do, whereas there is more to go out to do now and spring starting so pepole wanting to go out and do stuff on fridays so can't even completely compared those figures. Even WandVision has it's circumstances, It might have performed even lower compared to it if they swapped. It coudl have gotten a big bump from similar winter circumstances plus first Marvel content in over a year.

It did seem just like part 1 of 6 in a movie installment.... I preferred WV myself, and I could barely watch Mandalorian (ducking for cover now) but this shows is interesting.

I really enjoyed the Mandalorian, like couldn't wait for the next episode. I feel asleep trying to watch WV, need to give it another try I suppose. I did like F&WS, while the canyon scene was impressive, it just felt out of place and to early in the show - I needed a bit more background before the action scene. Unlike WV I'm going watch the next episode, but unlike Mandalorian I don't yet find myself in a rush to watch it on premier night... yet.

I really enjoyed the Mandalorian, like couldn't wait for the next episode. I feel asleep trying to watch WV, need to give it another try I suppose. I did like F&WS, while the canyon scene was impressive, it just felt out of place and to early in the show - I needed a bit more background before the action scene. Unlike WV I'm going watch the next episode, but unlike Mandalorian I don't yet find myself in a rush to watch it on premier night... yet.

WandaVision is definitely a different kind of show and I can see it being polarizing. If you can make it to Epsiode 4, that's whne they start to peel back the onion a bit. If you're not interested by then, you really never will be.

WandaVision is definitely a different kind of show and I can see it being polarizing. If you can make it to Epsiode 4, that's whne they start to peel back the onion a bit. If you're not interested by then, you really never will be.
Thanks I may give it another shot, maybe jump ahead and see if it grabs me and then go back too.

I really enjoyed last night’s episode!!! I LOVE the banter that goes on between them!! I LOVED the ‘therapy’ scene!! I found myself laughing a lot this episode!!

OP- can you write *SPOILERS* in the title? I don’t want us to ruin anything for others who may not have been able to watch yet.

- Was honestly surprised that they pulled from the excellent Truth: Red, White and Black Limited Series, though I suppose I shouldn't have been.
- In the same vein, I really should've expected that they'd give us Battlestar. It makes perfect sense.
- Happy to see MMA GOAT Georges St. Pierre show up in episode one. Still weird to see him take the L though...
- When, exactly, did Sam and Bucky develop their rapport with one another? After they got snapped back?

- Was honestly surprised that they pulled from the excellent Truth: Red, White and Black Limited Series, though I suppose I shouldn't have been.
- In the same vein, I really should've expected that they'd give us Battlestar. It makes perfect sense.
- Happy to see MMA GOAT Georges St. Pierre show up in episode one. Still weird to see him take the L though...
- When, exactly, did Sam and Bucky develop their rapport with one another? After they got snapped back?

I love Battlestar! I am probably the only person who can say this, but I ahe a poster hanging in my house that has him on it. It is actually a promo poster from the Silver Sable and the Wild Pack comic and he was in that, but that is one of my favorite 90's comics! I was excited to see him. I am slo glad they aren't amking John Walker out to be a bad guy. Honestly, Falcon is kind of being a jerk to him - they should just talk it out instead of the masculine ego puffing!

I love Battlestar! I am probably the only person who can say this, but I ahe a poster hanging in my house that has him on it. It is actually a promo poster from the Silver Sable and the Wild Pack comic and he was in that, but that is one of my favorite 90's comics! I was excited to see him. I am slo glad they aren't amking John Walker out to be a bad guy. Honestly, Falcon is kind of being a jerk to him - they should just talk it out instead of the masculine ego puffing!

lol They don’t need the new fake “Carl” Cap, they’re fine on their own!! Now, put the real Cap with the two of them, and you’ll have yourself a great show 😍😍 😂 (*Disclaimer - This is strictly a female based opinion and does not reflect my opinion on the shows actual content) 🙃

lol They don’t need the new fake “Carl” Cap, they’re fine on their own!! Now, put the real Cap with the two of them, and you’ll have yourself a great show 😍😍 😂 (*Disclaimer - This is strictly a female based opinion and does not reflect my opinion on the shows actual content) 🙃

Yeah, but John didn't really do anything wrong. It's not his fault and he seems genuine. He reached out to them - really Sam and Bucky are in the wrong on the issue. Now, the Senator that went behind Sam's back - sure, that guy's a jerk. I just feel like it could all be worked out if they'd just take a moment to discuss it.

Yeah, but John didn't really do anything wrong. It's not his fault and he seems genuine. He reached out to them - really Sam and Bucky are in the wrong on the issue. Now, the Senator that went behind Sam's back - sure, that guy's a jerk. I just feel like it could all be worked out if they'd just take a moment to discuss it.
Oh, I’m not disagreeing. My point was... He’s not Chris Evans 😆 😜😍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter