So... what jobs, if any, still get a holiday bonus?

lyeag

DIS Veteran
I was at a physical therapy appointment with my daughter yesterday, and the tech and I were making small talk. She knew I was a teacher and asked if I got a good Christmas bonus. :rotfl2: At my school we don't get anything from our district. I teach middle school, so the most I may get is some holiday candy from some students or a mug.

It really got me thinking. What jobs still get a Christmas bonus in this day and age? Please say what type of job you do. You don't have to say what you were given, just if you did receive something. (besides, I don't want to get jealous! LOL :)

My boss doesn't celebrate holidays, but we sometimes get bonuses in June and December if business is good AND cashflow is good AND the outlook for the next year is good. Sometimes, it seems totally random. I just got my largest bonus ever, but my total for this year was way down even though business was way up. 2 bonuses last year and business was soft. 6 years since my last raise, though :(

Not nursing, that's for sure. Sometimes a supervisor would bring in a turkey for a pot luck, not monetary bonus.

Not nurses, not teachers, not policemen, not firefighters. The people who probably deserve it the most!

My brother works in advertising, and his Christmas bonus is more than my annual salary as a public school teacher.

Just sayin'............

My 20 year old works for a grocery store. He gets several bonuses a year. His Christmas bonus was about 2 weeks pay.
Me, I've never gotten a bonus.

Not nurses, not teachers, not policemen, not firefighters. The people who probably deserve it the most!

My brother works in advertising, and his Christmas bonus is more than my annual salary as a public school teacher.

Just sayin'............

OH MY that is depressing.:sad:

My husband does a skilled trade. At his last job, they got a Christmas bonus (equal to half a week's salary) plus a holiday party all paid for by the boss, open bar and all.

Now he works in the same trade but for a different employer. No Christmas bonus, no holiday party, but they do have a monthly bonus program based on performance and results of customer surveys.

So anytime someone asks you to do a survey for them, please do, particularly if they've given you stellar service. Their bonuses, raises, and job may depend upon it. ::yes::

Where I worked managers got nothing. The VIP of marketing got 350 thousand dollar bonus. Guess he was special.

my fiance works in software engineering and he got a present for a Christmas bonus, but not cash. There annual bonus is usually in January.

I got a frozen Turkey - which is deflawing at this moment to be cooked for Christmas

I will get a small bonus in January. Husband receives nothing and he is a COO. Son is a brand new engineer and he received a turkey.

I won't name the company (a major genetics research firm in Bar Harbor, ME) but as of 5 years ago, they gave every employee a turkey, ham, or fruit basket (your choice) for the holidays. It was very nice, and kind of sweet and home-spun, if you know what I mean.

I now work as an ed tech in the public schools. Last year we reorganized school districts and support staff are now a union-represented bargaining unit. I now get paid holidays! I will get paid for both Christmas and New Year's day. SWEET! Not a bonus, but the two days' pay will be nice, since it's usually two weeks without pay at this time of year!

I gave my employees a bonus; not as much as last year's but this year wasn't as profitable as last year. Plus, they had worked under adverse conditions for a year and a half before I took over, so I was very appreciative of that. Long story.

My husband got a company sweatshirt.:rotfl2: and a raise!:cool1:

My husband works in car sales, and he got a Holiday party , completely paid for, open bar, and spouses got to go. He also got a $250 Visa gift card.
I work for an Educational Agency, I got nothing!!

I am the office admin/assistant to the President/assistant to the General Manager for a small, family owned construction company. I got a cash bonus on Thursday. It was very much appreciated, especially since we had kind of a down year, and it is nice to feel appreciated for doing a good job.

My dh works for a small company that used to do big business (don't know how well they are doing now) as their IT guy, tech guy, service guy, you name it guy. He hasn't had a raise in 10 yrs. and his bonus has been $100.00
To say that they are cheap is an understatement.
tigercat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter