So...what did you pay per point for your membership?

Sept 2018 bought 200 pts for $169.50 after factoring in the developer's credit. I was going to buy resale, but like a poster said above, could not pass up staying in the main building of Wilderness Lodge. As long as there is availability, this is where I'll be staying. Looking forward to my first 2 trips at my home resort Labor Day weekend and marathon weekend.

We bought 100 points at BWV for $84/point in 2006.

**This is my 1st Post as "Call Me Doc."

I shared my husband's account of "Mickey'sApprentice" for many years. We've been away from it and I couldn't figure out how to get back in.

Personally I don't think that the purchase price per point is overly useful as a comparison. It doesn't include closing costs, MF paid, was there banked points or was the contract stripped, those can all make a big difference to what that real costs look like.

So I'll be a little different and also state my costs as Total Costs per Total Points Purchased. Total Costs includes everything I paid including, MF, closing costs, admin fees etc. Total Points Purchased are the number of points remaining on the contract till it expires after I got it.

• 400 SSR - 2010 Oct - $1.37/point , paid $60/point
  • 310 OKW - 2011 Feb - $1.71/point, paid $50/point
  • 200 SSR - 2011 Aug - $1.41/point, paid $60/point
  • 200 SSR - 2012 July - $1.35/point, paid $54/point
  • 200 SSR - 2012 July - $1.21/point, paid $50/point
  • 270 BWV - 2012 July - $1.84/point, paid $54/point
  • 300 BWV - 2012 July - $1.81/point, paid $54/point
  • 310 OKW - 2014 Jun - $2.12/point, paid $60/point
  • 400 BLT - 2018 Dec - $3.02/point, paid $125/point
Do you still have all those?

If I remember correctly when we first bought direct in December of 2000 we ended up paying $50 per point for 200 points , they had an incentive of buying back first years points. We then added two 50 point direct contracts for similar costs in the next few years. Last was a very loaded resale of 230 points at $41 a point in 2011. All points are Vero Beach, all same use year. Never been there but have never had an issue getting time I wanted at 7 months. In December of 2000 Vero was the only resort available for direct sale, Boardwalk had just sold out and Wilderness was not open for sale yet.

1999-$55 HH really wasn't into Boardwalk and they were only selling at the time HH, VB and BWV. They had Magical Beginnings which at the time would buy back your 1st years points and put it as a down. They also paid closing I only gave $500.

2002(I think)BCV at $80 a point I am thinking about selling these because I am in the process of buying 130 point resale at SSR and maybe in the future buying somewhere else. I haven't stayed at BCV in forever.

1999-BWV 190 points for $65/point
2002-BWV 100 Points for $68/point
2001-HHI 85 points for $65/point (I think, not sure)
2017-CCV 160 points for $165/point (after incentives)

Also, hard to believe after all these years, could sell at a profit (Heaven forbid-a Timeshare!!) Could
even not lose any money on CCV after 2 years, would break even or a little profit! And we have already
stayed at CCV 10 days in 2 years!

We own at VGF, BLT and RIV, at a total average price per point of $141. Started buying in early 2017.

I'm not giving more details than that, because I embarrassed both at the total $$ spent on DVC and the seriousness of my disease (addonitis), which thankfully is in remission right now.

I passed on a chance to get BWV in 2017 at around $87pp - if we'd bought there, I think it's unlikely we would have ended up buying RIV direct.

We purchased end of 2011, closed early 2012 with resale 125 BLT points and it was a loaded contract... Came with 95 banked points.... $95 a point. My neighbor good friend (who I hadn't met yet at this point in time) purchased 125 SSR points direct for $99 a point.

When we became friends and found out we were both DVC and he was kicking himself for not knowing about resale. Either way with today's prices.....we have benefited from it. Neither was a "bad purchase"......although I still nag my wife we could have gotten SSR for @$60 a point back then but she insisted on BLT. We've stayed at SSR so many times since and we really do enjoy the resort..... But her mindset was on our very young children and the ease of the stroller and the monorail 🤦‍♂️. Haven't touched a stroller in years haha.

I paid $55 per point for my BWV points in between 2012 to 2015. I
Paid $75 and $77 per point for my SSR points in 2017. I also bought and sold BLT and VGF along the way. payed $92 for BLT in 2009. Sold in 2015 for around $104. I bought VGF for $125 around 2015..Sold for $152 in 2017.

Resale 100 points at $55 at OKW resale in 2010. Have added on direct 4 25 point ones at OKW with the last one being $100, all have the extended years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter