So, we're doing this. (Impulse trip Friday, June 18th because I'm FINALLY allowed in this week!)

It was time to try Web Slingers! The boarding group line stretched back to where they do the Spiderman show, and we got in line at 9:30, were into the pre-show by 9:50, and on the ride at 9:58. It was a really interesting ride, and I have a couple of kids who are going to LOVE it. Definitely an arm workout, and I was last in the vehicle most of the time, but must have hit some lucky targets because my score got better after the last set (I was red). You can see how far below "best" scores we were though! It's not one that has a lot of repeatability for me personally, but like I said, my kids will want to ride it a lot, I'm sure!
REbgL6P.jpg

kmxgGZg.jpg

MmKtHIk.jpg

dNqBzVX.jpg

After that we were excited to ride Guardians!! even if it said it was a 45 minute wait. We got in line at 10:07 and boarded our vehicle at 10:25, so definitely an exaggerated wait time. :) It was an especially fun drop sequence, with a song I didn't really recognize that much. It didn't take the picture until almost the end of that one. My baby Groot tag-along even made a picture appearance. Good times. :)
R0IlWTd.jpg

ENkioCS.jpg

x5BiUrf.jpg

After Guardians, @Astylla and I went our separate ways, and I had to decide what I wanted to try next in California Adventure!

I headed over to Pixar Pier by way of Ghirardelli's, where I sampled the smells and saw this cool truck. :) I wanted to ride Incredicoaster before it got too warm, because that's another one I don't enjoy if it's hot. It never DID get hot that day, (mayb 82 tops) but it was decently humid, and I used my fan a lot, and was SO grateful that I had made room for an umbrella in my bag. I saw a ton of them (for sun protection) at WDW but only a couple other people at DLR. I felt a little funny, but I didn't care when it kept the sun off, especially since I had only put a little sunscreen on my face, and nowhere else.
rhzr2Xa.jpg

JFEo5OA.jpg

KMVtZ0d.jpg

I got in line for Incredicoaster at 10:48 and it was outside the regular queue and up the side where single rider usually goes. I waited an extra cycle for the front row (usually worth it) and was still on by 11:11. Great ride! I wish I had gone on this again at night, but hoping to do that in July. It's a different ride during the day and at night when all the special effects shine. After that it was finally time for a bathroom break. I love all the little unique details even in most of the bathrooms.
YDYuQ9h.jpg

06bXGgr.jpg

WbDVRfA.jpg

RQEJxVe.jpg

I strolled around the Pier, but didn't want to ride anything else quite badly enough (with just one day there) to stop, with lines and warm sun. TSMM I enjoy, but rode 3 times at WDW, with a much cooler queue, so I passed. I'm excited to hopefully do most things with my friends, who haven't ridden some of these, later. I did jump on The Little Mermaid because the wait was right where I like it (extreme walk on) and I was ready to relax in the a/c for a few minutes.
CMgZ3N8.jpg

XPYJ2XU.jpg

EVmKHgZ.jpg

I went back and forth on wanting to ride Grizzly River Rapids (the line was saying about 25-35 minutes) but I was feeling a little lazy this trip, and didn't reeeally want to pull my poncho out, but also didn't really want to get as soaked as I know you can get on GRR. Definitely next trip; I love that ride! I enjoyed walking back through the Grizzly Falls area, which I have fond feelings for since we took some of our engagement pictures there 16+ years ago. :)
OhA8k2f.jpg

aII6nOi.jpg

7OQXqYd.jpg

I opted to ride Soarin' (even though I MISS Soarin' Over California - so glad I got to ride that version shortly before DLR shut down!) and got in line at 11:51 and rode at 12:10. I added about 3 minutes to my wait time by hanging out along the fence just outside the doors and letting others pass me with about 20 other people (the CM's weren't thrilled with us) so we could score boarding passes for ROTR at noon! I got group number 204! I remember when if you got in the 80's it was an iffy thing... I was excited though. And Soarin' was good, even with the bendy Eiffel tower. It's always nice to see Patrick. 🤣
iH33xUE.jpg

I had timed it right and mobile ordered myself a half Monte Cristo at Smokejumpers, and it was time for that as soon as I exited Soarin'. It took a little while to pickup (my longest mobile order wait for sure) but the Monte Cristo was delicious! The fries, not so much. They were kind of tough like they'd been sitting under the warmer for a few hours. :P I hadn't been sure if I was going to park hop right at 1 PM, but at that point there wasn't anything I -really- wanted to ride, and my stomach was full, and I was itching to get back into Disneyland itself after 15 months, so I headed across the Esplanade!
fCP9qa3.jpg

DTvdCbS.jpg

dLwOMXD.jpg

ITIGFkT.jpg

Oh, I didn't show you the perfect ticket I scored for this return trip ❤:
xM0KX12.jpg

Just started to read your report. I am so jealous! I am a local and went in May, but went with the whole family and my little one ended up feeling bad after a water ride. I wish I could take solo trips, and usually can go anywhere alone (dinner, movies, etc) but Disney is not one of them., it intimidates me

Anyways, from what I read so far you appear to have lots of fun!

Sorry, I definitely didn't get this done before we left for a week! Lots of greatness: 3 days at my parents' cabin, which is at almost 10,000 feet, including a fun 2.5 hour hike. Then almost 5 days at my mom's house while my oldest kids did a neat science camp they have down there, and the kids got to spend time with all their grandparents. But unpacking from 8 days of "vacation" with 6 people (my husband stayed home and worked, plus took a weekend work trip to SLC) is a bear, even when it's not a Disney trip! And in a week we're headed to Utah for a week. So I really need to get this done before then, because by the time we get back from THAT it will be time for my last Disney trip of the summer, and then school starts just a few days into August for us!

1 PM! It was finally time to be back in Disneyland! Honestly, I teared up walking into California Adventure again too, but it hit me once again as I walked under the arch onto Main Street (usually the left one, but I don't know why!) So SO happy to be back! I couldn't decide between exploring Main St. a bit or doing a grand circle around the park, but I opted for the grand circle, and only had to wait a few minutes for a train to come. It was pretty full, but there were plenty of people getting off too, and everyone I could see made it on. I had so much indecision about getting off in Tomorrowland and riding Space Mountain vs continuing around, but I really wanted to see the diorama again (I mean, how many things are as "classic" Disneyland as that? :) ) and then again when I couldn't decide if I wanted to ride to NOS or get off at the station. At the last minute, I jumped off at Main Street, and enjoyed walking down it again! But yes, after two visits to WDW I was reminded how tiny (and perfect) "our" castle is!
07s1Mnd.jpg

QYT6P1w.jpg

kDd7X3l.jpg

I decided to go ahead and ride Indiana Jones, partially because I knew the line could get long or go to virtual queue possibly (though I haven't heard anything about that lately) and partly because it was pretty close by. It was actually pretty fun to see some parts of these queues that I haven't seen in YEARS with FP not operating right now. I tried to enjoy and soak those up. I noticed the same on Space Mountain. IJ was great, and I ended up in the driver's seat. The only things I noticed were Mara's eyes weren't working like I think they usually do, there weren't any close up fire effects like I remember from recently, and the ball wasn't operating! I may have been on it before when that was true, but I certainly don't remember it. What a disappointment! No problem. I enjoyed my ride. (Waited from 1:43 to 2:20 when the wait said it was 45 minutes)
qUvMrL0.jpg

TM3zpyE.jpg

5lM5ClS.jpg

ZA1miCU.jpg

Next up was a nice relaxing ride on POTC. The line said 15 minutes. It ended up being about just about that and I boarded at 2:52. It was nice to see people eating at the Blue Bayou. :) After that I was headed over to BTMRR and saw Miguel greeting folks from the top of the Golden Horseshoe.
GLLXIDN.jpg

xvZj6P0.jpg

The wait for BTMRR said 25 minutes and it was more like 7 minutes. Boarded at 3:12. It's amazing how quickly some of those lines move without fastpass! Always a favorite ride, and I reminded myself to ride it again when it got darker and cooler.
MTfNaJv.jpg

Went for a stroll through the castle to check out Fantasyland waits, and took the opportunity (almost zero line) to ride my favorite: King Arthur's Carrousel! I'm a horse nerd from way back, and I love being able to ride the horses at Disneyland just like the kids without anyone giving a second glance. I happened to be second in line for my turn, so I got to ride Jingles, which is always exciting! People probably think I'm a little crazy as I take selfies with the carrousel horse... (they're probably right...) But didn't they just refurbish this ride over Covid? Jingles' pole is in tough shape! :-(
vYRht03.jpg

szKE0Pb.jpg

IrLwRom.jpg

My mobile order for Gibson Girl's was ready, so I walked over to Main Street to pick it up. So exciting and delicious! I got a bench seat on Main Street to eat it, but didn't really get to enjoy it that much, because my Disney-obsessed daughter now has an iPhone, and she likes to track me sometimes (it helps her worry less when they're babysitting and we're gone from the house, etc. PLUS she was living vicariously through me, haha). She saw me sitting on Main St. not moving, and figured I had a treat, so she Facetimed me to see what it was, and I had to talk to them and eat it at the same time, or having it melt all over. Ah, kids. :)
pR2toIB.jpg

9FXEdY4.jpg

Last edited:
Just started to read your report. I am so jealous! I am a local and went in May, but went with the whole family and my little one ended up feeling bad after a water ride. I wish I could take solo trips, and usually can go anywhere alone (dinner, movies, etc) but Disney is not one of them., it intimidates me

Anyways, from what I read so far you appear to have lots of fun!
Little ones are so fun at Disney, but they definitely add a big complicated element too! I enjoy my trips with my kids as well as adult trips or solo trips! Hopefully you'll get your courage up and try it some time! :)

After ice cream and a bathroom break behind the Plaza, I was ready to wait in the Space Mountain line. I had been watching it fluctuate between 25 and 50 minutes all day, and when I got in line it said 40 minutes and I ended up waiting 28 minutes and boarding (front row - yay!) at 4:32 PM. Great ride, much fun was had! It was actually interesting to wait in that standby line, since I haven't done that in forEVer, and it was weird thinking I was probably where the Starcade used to be, according to my young memory. I had to look it up to be sure though, because I was second guessing myself! Man, I was missing having that photopass attached to my AP this trip. Anyone else? :) With just a solo trip though, not quite enough to pay $20 to add it. I have enough pictures of me at Disneyland... 😜
zmmmTzA.jpg

FWdlXQl.jpg

5yyfKNN.jpg

S73B4kC.jpg

My boarding pass for ROTR was ready, so I took the long hike over there from from Tomorrowland, through Fantasyland. Not sure if that was the best choice. I need to look at Google Earth or something... I stopped for a minutes to see Alice and Tigger playing and interacting. I really love the step in that direction vs waiting in lines for a picture, actually. I got in line and waited 34 minutes (no shut down, yay!) and started our experience at 5:28. This guy was behind me line and had just purchased this suit and helmet. It was pretty warm, and quite humid, so he was pretty darn dedicated. He and his party were having a blast waiting in line. I was kind of sad that we didn't have more time in line interacting with the First Order, because I thought they would have some fun with him. But we lined up and proceeded through that part immediately.
EImIIMV.jpg

lCvZb3z.jpg

6s6QZDU.png

HLfZZTm.jpg

mgOidOd.jpg

X2KvkhN.jpg

I originally had a mobile order for this time of day at the Bengal BBQ, but with my boarding group call, I didn't feel like rushing over there, so I had canceled it. I was hungry for some kind of dinner though, so I made another mobile order while I was in line for Space Mountain (I think) for a simple Ronto Roaster. I hadn't had one and wanted to try them. Here's a picture, for people like me that had no idea what they were like. It was good. Not something I'm ever going to crave, I don't think, but I would eat one again. I walked over into a different restaurant (I don't know what it's called right now) for an interesting area to eat in.
LiWQQoW.jpg

xU7LrhU.jpg

q9MGSS4.jpg

It was about 6 PM, and still warm, but the line for Splash Mountain had dropped a lot since the heat of the day was past. You better believe I'm not passing up any opportunities to ride Splash Mountain before it's rethemed. So many fun family memories riding this the year it opened and ever since! I'm determined to get my two littlest kids on it (with whatever bribing that entails) if I manage to visit with them before it shut downs. I waited about 12 minutes, and boarded 6:18 PM. I didn't want to mess with a poncho, so I decided to take my chances just sitting in the back and hoping I didn't get soaked anywhere that makes it miserable.... I didn't, and we had a fun time. The only problem was that I watched forever, and our picture never appeared. Not like I was going to purchase it, but I like to have it for chronologic sake. :) But I took a picture of a current code (when I finally gave up) and went into Photopass when I came home, and put all the numbers before that one in until our picture popped up. So remember that that's an option! (Then I deleted the photos that weren't mine, obviously) (Also, a pic of some of the cutest candy apples at Pooh Corner)
MnvL4m8.jpg

Q8tiLDL.jpg

3W8UzBd.jpg

One of my priorities for this trip was definitely seeing the reimagined Snow White's Enchanted Wish, and since the sun was behind the ride building and it was shaded now, I was ready to wait in that line. I think it said 25-30 minutes, and I waited 23 minutes, boarding at 7:10. Super cute! My littlest princess (almost 5) is going to enjoy this one now! I did think it was weird that they were only putting one party in each car, when there were plenty of "2"s in line. But it was all good. I enjoyed the queue too; they have set up a really cool scene with lots to look at. I do wish people hadn't thrown coins down there though; it took away from the scene for me.
DmNy3io.jpg

Up1FMZv.jpg

0XOHqTL.jpg

EGHWho2.jpg

It was almost 7:30, and I needed to decide what I wanted to do in the last hour or so of daylight. What would you pick?

Just curious how you get a printed park ticket? I thought all tickets are in the Disneyland app, is there a place to get the printed ticket before you enter the park?
It was in my app as well, but when I entered the park the first time, they gave me a physical ticket. This has always been my own personal experience, including whenever I have a paper print out from one of those authorized sellers like the frog place. (Except when I already had my AP plastic card)

It was in my app as well, but when I entered the park the first time, they gave me a physical ticket. This has always been my own personal experience, including whenever I have a paper print out from one of those authorized sellers like the frog place. (Except when I already had my AP plastic card)
That's very cool. Do they give a physical ticket to everyone the first time they enter or do you have to ask for it?

That's very cool. Do they give a physical ticket to everyone the first time they enter or do you have to ask for it?
From my experience so far, yes, you will all get a physical ticket upon first entry. In the normal world, it would work to access fastpass machines if you didn't have Maxpass.

I decided to go somewhere close by, that had some fun things to look at. Toontown! I actually rarely go there unless I'm with my kids, but I just felt like walking around and seeing all the cute theming and taking a few pictures. And then I decided to ride Roger Rabbit, because the line said 15 minutes (so I hoped for less) and because I hadn't been through the regular queue in years either. I waited about 8 minutes (but it seemed longer, maybe because that line is a touch claustrophobic) and rode at 7:32. While in line, I saw a ticket that had been dropped where it couldn't be easily retrieved by anyone. I thought about how that must have been a stressful moment, and hoped they got it worked out if they needed it to park hop or for additional days! I really can't wait until Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway (is that the right name?) opens there. It's such a great ride, and will really breathe some new life into the area!
Funhk37.jpg

mcce4ux.jpg

3a3kjSF.jpg

InlUMLn.jpg

pMBPjIr.jpg

By the time I got out, the sun was truly setting, which was kind of fun in this area. Then I got some great views and pictures in Fantasyland as well, on my way to get the Grey Stuff I ordered from Belle's. It was kind of nice to walk in there when it was quiet and mostly empty, and enjoy a few of the details I've never seen in a crowded in-and-out.
7y4SSTv.jpg

bWnMtOm.jpg

YMdhUXT.jpg

lrEE61u.jpg

DCj1LOI.jpg

TOG4mf3.jpg

Wandering around Fantasyland is always something I enjoy this time of day, (even if there were definitely plenty of people!) so I took a few more minutes there, and visited the Sleeping Beauty story that happens up inside the castle. I'll never forget how we discovered that was there in 1997 on a family trip. We had been to Disney quite a few times, but none of us knew about this! It was different then, and done in the same style as this Cinderella window dressing.
VLFNpub.jpg

pajXl6P.jpg

e6T6Bb4.jpg

rkDse3Y.jpg

3olXCNq.jpg

8KhsqPF.jpg

The line for BTMR said it was only 10-15 minutes, and I LOVE that ride at dusk or after dark, so I headed to Frontierland. Saw some cute Rapunzel/Flynn interaction with a bunch of kids on my way. Also, I love walking through the cut-through there by the bathrooms at the Mexican restaurant. It's always so pretty!
CKZeKM1.jpg

UfxThNH.jpg

BTMR did not disappoint, and I rode it twice back to back with a 9 minute wait the first time and an 8 minute wait the second time (8:15 and 8:28). I asked for "towards the back" on both rides. It's almost not even worth riding for me if I get put in the front several cars...
zqtwobo.jpg

zzaH1dX.jpg

oS7vh4G.jpg

CY3LTgJ.jpg

LuGGFvd.jpg

Well, I didn't get this done before I left on my next trip! It's been so busy with other traveling (we took all our kids on an 8 day trip to Utah), and with trying to get our kids ready for school, and with trying to get my space ready for my little class. But I'm going to finish this up before starting that one, because I was so close!!

I originally though I would want to stay in Disneyland until that ridiculously early time of 9 PM, but when it came down to it and there were 20 minutes left, I wanted to go see Avenger's Campus at night and ride Guardians one more time. I love Disneyland at night. Winter weekends are my favorite because there is less heat, and way more "after dark" time!
DWPD311.jpg

13OKJCX.jpg

Avenger's was very cool at night, and I was glad I went over! I also took a few pictures with a lonely-looking Photopass photographer, but since I was there by myself, I never got excited enough about any of my pictures to pay for Photopass that day. It was quite pleasant weather-wise once the sun was down, and I was thoroughly enjoying walking around.
i7eQZiu.jpg

RLi5Dp7.jpg

2BTW2Cq.jpg

y5q9FQ1.jpg

I91pSDF.jpg

Less than 5 minutes before 9 PM, I got in line for Guardians. Always a good idea! I rode at 9:08 PM, so not much wait. Crowds really were quite nice that day!
WaLU0uS.jpg

1ej44jV.jpg

cexjDKv.jpg

It was time to say "so long" to Disneyland and California Adventure! See ya in 6-ish weeks! As I was walking back to the Desert Palms (which I did love), I was wishing I was already staying at the Desert Inn and Suites RIGHT THERE. I got 30,660 steps that day (average for a single day park hopper without kids for me) and my feet were feeling it!
5mCpUO5.jpg

FRbttg9.jpg

9MT9on0.jpg

That's it! I might make a video if I got enough good footage, but I don't remember how much video I took this trip. I'm going to jump right into my next trip report in the next day or two!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!