So unhappy with our room/experience at PoR

I'd read the trip report but see no links to it anywhere, no idea how to find it. I'm confused by one thing posted here. Maybe the trip report clears things up but this sounds like she got what was booked and she was wrong about what was booked, not that she was put in the wrong category. No?

You have to click to her profile and find her past posts. A link would have been helpful but I think this post was more of a vent than looking for a solution, so she didn't included it.

If her booking confirmations note preferred, then she was downgraded to GV. The fact that a 1st floor room was a necessity, instead of just a request, would have been a problem no matter what category was booked when staying in AB. Wanting 3 rooms together adds another complication.

You have to click to her profile and find her past posts. A link would have been helpful but I think this post was more of a vent than looking for a solution, so she didn't included it.

If her booking confirmations note preferred, then she was downgraded to GV. The fact that a 1st floor room was a necessity, instead of just a request, would have been a problem no matter what category was booked when staying in AB. Wanting 3 rooms together adds another complication.
Ah, I had no idea you could even do that, I clearly don't use that feature of Dis, despite being here for years. Someone posted a link and I'll catch up. But from what she's posted in this thread alone, she thought she was booking Preferred but through some error along the way, got GV. Cause she said her confirmation said GV

Nope she said she still paid for preferred even though her final reservation confirmation said 'garden view'.
No idea how that would even work. How can you pay for one thing and get a confirmation with another? There is a lot of mention of a TA too. Did they not book themselves? Did the TA mess this up from the start by booking them the wrong room?

Ah, I had no idea you could even do that, I clearly don't use that feature of Dis, despite being here for years. Someone posted a link and I'll catch up. But from what she's posted in this thread alone, she thought she was booking Preferred but through some error along the way, got GV. Cause she said her confirmation said GV

No idea how that would even work. How can you pay for one thing and get a confirmation with another? There is a lot of mention of a TA too. Did they not book themselves? Did the TA mess this up from the start by booking them the wrong room?
Wrong category aside, she really needed at least one accessible room, and that's where the greatest mistake lies. She probably didn't know, but a TA should have. IMO she needs to make that her priority right now, not straightening out the room category.

But from what she's posted in this thread alone, she thought she was booking Preferred but through some error along the way, got GV. Cause she said her confirmation said GV

In your post (#18) you quoted OP and she says that her initial confirmation email says preferred. I think her use of "book" is confusing the issue when she notes GV was "booked". It should say assigned, or some such. The original TR is a little confusing, as well.

Dwelling on the category won't help the situation. Preferred, GV, SV, etc would have ended up with the same problem...accommodating the scooters.

I found your trip report. Yes I am sorry for what you are going through and I would go to the front desk and find your emails for what you paid for. With that said you are there with your husband kids, family and friends trying to enjoy this trip, I would say PLEASE just enjoy your trip I would hate for you to worry about the rooms and miss out on enjoying each other. Don't get me wrong you should be in the room you paid for but you guys have been through so much already and I just would not want you let this consume you. My prayers and thoughts with your family and I hope you have a GREAT ending to your trip.:grouphug:

Wrong category aside, she really needed at least one accessible room, and that's where the greatest mistake lies. She probably didn't know, but a TA should have. IMO she needs to make that her priority right now, not straightening out the room category.
Without a doubt. These types of things are why using a TA scares the do-do out of me. I know they are very good, some are excellent. Most mean well and do their best. But there are so many nuances when it comes to Disney trips I'm not sure a TA can get them all, mostly since they can only work off what they know. No one knows you, and your family, like, as well as you do. I would know that I need a scooter and HA room, not sure a TA would unless someone told them.

Not excusing POR for being rude to the OP, that should never happen, period. But I also don't know if the resort is at fault
In your post (#18) you quoted OP and she says that her initial confirmation email says preferred. I think her use of "book" is confusing the issue when she notes GV was "booked". It should say assigned, or some such. The original TR is a little confusing, as well.

Dwelling on the category won't help the situation. Preferred, GV, SV would have ended up with the same problem...accommodating the scooters.
Oh, I didn't take it that way at all. I don't think you get an email with what you get assigned.
I did go back and read her TR and yeah, I'm even more confused on what she booked.
And no, figuring out the category doesn't fix her issue but it does change if the resort screwed her reservation up. It is sounding like the TA may have been the one that got this off to a rocky start, unfortunately.

Having talked with the management at POR a few times I know they are really wonderful folks there. Seems so out of character for them to not care or try to help out.

And I would also want to clear up what I booked and paid with what I am in. Because if it's wrong there is a refund due. I've had issues with what I booked and what I got at CSR and I realize how it can happen. But they will refund the difference. Provided it really was the resort that downgraded you. If the TA messed things up, that is a different issue

The face that there was PEE all over the floor of one of the rooms is disturbing. How would this even happen and then the fact that they didn't accurately clean up? :scared: I'm arriving at POR in 9 days for a race and this is just disgusting and makes me think I need to ask for a thorough cleaning!

I'm very sorry you've had to go through all of this especially with this trip being so meaningful to all of you. Whether it was a mistake in booking or they were downgraded, the management at POR should've been more aware in accurately placing them especially with them having scooters. I hope that the rest of your trip is uneventful in the best way and that you and your family enjoy some magical moments!

but with your scooters they need to get you into an accessible room
Wrong category aside, she really needed at least one accessible room, and that's where the greatest mistake lies

Actually, that's not entirely true or accurate, either. Everyone with a scooter does not need the features of an accessible room, plus depending on the type of accessible room booked, it could still be on the 2nd floor. According to any of OP's posts, they do not need (and with young kids maybe don't want) a wheelchair accessible/roll-in shower accessible room; those may not be available now (and may not have been available when OP booked which I believe was quite recently). However, you are right in that it can backfire if trying to get what's needed by making "requests" rather than booking it direct. Also, multiple requests (i.e., first floor, same building as traveling companions, etc.) can be problematic if all of those items don't line up nice and neat on arrival day.

While I agree it has been a crazy experience, and poor customer service, this is exactly why it's so very important to book EXACTLY what is needed and not rely on "requests." A request for 1st floor isn't available (for whatever reason), and since it sounds like they are a family of 4 booked to the room, WDW has no obligation to provide the 3rd bed just sleeping spots for 4 people. Unfortunately, this isn't the first example of someone booking "preferred" and getting downgraded to a different building/view.

I believe OP is on a "wish" type trip due to the husband's illness. And I agree that going in-person to the front desk is the best way to get what she wants/needs. Possibly another AB room has opened with someone checking out today and they can at least get into a preferred first floor room, even if not the same building as the rest of the party.

@pacsunmama -- good luck, and hopefully today goes much better! Focus on making special memories in the parks with your whole extended family!

The face that there was PEE all over the floor of one of the rooms is disturbing. How would this even happen and then the fact that they didn't accurately clean up? :scared: I'm arriving at POR in 9 days for a race and this is just disgusting and makes me think I need to ask for a thorough cleaning!

I'm very sorry you've had to go through all of this especially with this trip being so meaningful to all of you. Whether it was a mistake in booking or they were downgraded, the management at POR should've been more aware in accurately placing them especially with them having scooters. I hope that the rest of your trip is uneventful in the best way and that you and your family enjoy some magical moments!

This was an anomaly. Before you ask for a "more thorough cleaning" check your room. If it is not acceptable, then go to the desk and request it be done correctly.

The issues in regards to the scooters is that the request was not phrased correctly. She needed an accessible room, but just requested 1st floor. which may not have been available.

Actually, that's not entirely true or accurate, either. Everyone with a scooter does not need the features of an accessible room, plus depending on the type of accessible room booked, it could still be on the 2nd floor. According to any of OP's posts, they do not need (and with young kids maybe don't want) a wheelchair accessible/roll-in shower accessible room; those may not be available now (and may not have been available when OP booked which I believe was quite recently). However, you are right in that it can backfire if trying to get what's needed by making "requests" rather than booking it direct. Also, multiple requests (i.e., first floor, same building as traveling companions, etc.) can be problematic if all of those items don't line up nice and neat on arrival day.

While I agree it has been a crazy experience, and poor customer service, this is exactly why it's so very important to book EXACTLY what is needed and not rely on "requests." A request for 1st floor isn't available (for whatever reason), and since it sounds like they are a family of 4 booked to the room, WDW has no obligation to provide the 3rd bed just sleeping spots for 4 people. Unfortunately, this isn't the first example of someone booking "preferred" and getting downgraded to a different building/view.

I believe OP is on a "wish" type trip due to the husband's illness. And I agree that going in-person to the front desk is the best way to get what she wants/needs. Possibly another AB room has opened with someone checking out today and they can at least get into a preferred first floor room, even if not the same building as the rest of the party.

@pacsunmama -- good luck, and hopefully today goes much better! Focus on making special memories in the parks with your whole extended family!
Maybe I used the wrong word with "accessible," but regardless of that, a REQUEST is just a request, and may not be able to be honored. A room that is "accessible" to a wheelchair isn't going to be on the second floor of a moderate resort, for the simple fact that there are no elevators.

Thank you all! My TA has been so helpful and has been on the phone with people all morning. I spoke directly on the phone with a manager from our resort, and he was able to move all 3 of our rooms to another building, and we will be on the 1st floor. Our room will have sleeping arrangements for 5, which is what we need. We just have to go to the resort and pack up everything so they can move it over.

We had other issues to deal with today but I think we have them mostly worked out. We had a nice breakfast at Crystal Palace, took the kids on space mountain, and then split up! Hubs and I are on a Disney date. It's time for some magic, I love spending time with my sweetie. ❤️

Thank you all! My TA has been so helpful and has been on the phone with people all morning. I spoke directly on the phone with a manager from our resort, and he was able to move all 3 of our rooms to another building, and we will be on the 1st floor. Our room will have sleeping arrangements for 5, which is what we need. We just have to go to the resort and pack up everything so they can move it over.

We had other issues to deal with today but I think we have them mostly worked out. We had a nice breakfast at Crystal Palace, took the kids on space mountain, and then split up! Hubs and I are on a Disney date. It's time for some magic, I love spending time with my sweetie. ❤️
Yay! Thank goodness things have worked out, you all deserve this special time together after everything your family has been through!

I'm so happy to read that things are finally working out for you. I hope that the remainder of your trip is filled with magic and pixie dust and that you create memories that you can carry with you forever.

Thank you for the update. Thrilled thsi are lwess stressful for you. Wishing you a Magical time for the rest of your trip:flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!