So unhappy with our room/experience at PoR

In regards to the pee on the floor :crazy2: . . .

We had a similar, but monumentally LESS disgusting, experience at the Poly. My DH and I checked into our room, he took his shoes off and walked over to the window and stepped in something wet. When he looked at the bottom of his now wet white sock there was a giant RED stain. Being a nurse I have no qualms about sniffing things. It seemed to be fruit punch - we are guessing there was fruit punch on the dresser and it spilled onto the floor. Because of the color of the carpet there was no way to know that there was something spilled on the carpet unless someone stepped in it. Housekeepers have shoes on they couldn't have caught it. We called down to the front desk and they immediately sent someone up with a big carpet cleaner and took care of it - even felt around in other areas to make sure there weren't any other spills. They also asked if they get my husband a new pair of socks but had brought plenty.

I am SO happy to hear things are working out now for the OP!!:dogdance:

Along those lines, unless some guest has Great Danes in the room and to leave one of their puddles behind I'm betting that was not pee on the carpet. Probably a juice or other drink of some sort. Just being yellow doesn't make it urine

Last edited:
Along those lines, unless some guest has Great Danes in the room and to leave one of their puddles behind I'm better that was not pee on the carpet. Probably a juice or other drink of some sort. Just being yellow doesn't make it urine

Not to mention that if there were several puddles of urine on the floor, there probably would have been a heavy odor as well.

Along those lines, unless some guest has Great Danes in the room and to leave one of their puddles behind I'm better that was not pee on the carpet. Probably a juice or other drink of some sort. Just being yellow doesn't make it urine
Regardless of what it was, the puddles should not have been there, totally unacceptable.

Never said it was. Though I do have to ask, how does one go about finding them if you are wearing shoes in the room (like a maid would be)
I guess the point is, finding them doesn't mean sloppy housekeeping, necessarily.
Maybe not "sloppy housekeeping" (although that has been debatable at WDW recently) but certainly inattentive housekeeping.

So sorry about the rocky start to your trip. I stayed there last August and really enjoyed it.

Just wanted to send best wishes to you and your family. My husband got a similar diagnosis in Oct 2015. It can feel lonely facing a disease like this, especially at a young age. Just know that you aren't alone!

Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter