So undecided on which moderate resort for next trip ?

Which moderate is your favorite

• Port Orleans Riverside

• Port Orleans French Quarters

• Caribbean Beach Resort

Results are only viewable after voting.
My issue with POR is that it is themed too well ... it seemed you really were back in the bayou:rotfl:. Some of the AB buildings are very remote and you need to take (what seem to be endless) twisty-turny paths to get to main pool and the food court. I was in building 35 and it seemed to take forever to get anywhere in the resort. If I were to stay there again, I would definitely request the Mansions section where the sidewalks are all straight.

I would definitely book preferred in the AB section. I dont want a long walk to the food court and pool. It makes it really hard when you have walked miles all day at the parks.

To me, CBR has one big negative: The sheer number of bus stops at the resort. 7, to be exact. Look at it this way: If you stay at POR and get on at the first stop, you only have 3 more before you are on your way to the parks. At CBR you would have 6 more. And then coming back to your room you have the same problem. Twice the number of stops before you hit your stop and are on the way to your room.

Also, the food court at POR is miles better than the one at CBR. They don't compare AT ALL. Plus CBR still has double beds instead of queens.

I love POR and only somewhat liked my stay at CBR. To me it isn't even a hard choice. Between CBR and POR, POR wins.

Ok you have me leaning more towards POR :thumbsup2 some day I plan on staying at all the moderates though so I'm not sure if I will change my mind again:rotfl:

My family loves POFQ even my 10 year old and 6 year old. They like how nothing is too far away. The greeter at the door always would talk to the kids.

My family loves POFQ even my 10 year old and 6 year old. They like how nothing is too far away. The greeter at the door always would talk to the kids.

That is a plus with it being small, something I would love. I hate walking after walking all day in the parks. :confused: Now you got me changing my mind again :rotfl: I just dont like the mardi gra decorations, wish they would change that ;)

That is a plus with it being small, something I would love. I hate walking after walking all day in the parks. :confused: Now you got me changing my mind again :rotfl: I just dont like the mardi gra decorations, wish they would change that ;)

You can pay for a preferred room at POR if you want to be sure you are close to the food court. Or else request a room in Magnolia Terrace. Only a short walk across the bridge to the main buildings.

Having stayed at all three of your options, CBR is our favorite. You really can't go wrong with any of the three, but CBR just feels right. There is just such a laid back relaxed atmosphere at CBR that is such a nice change of pace from the craziness of the parks. The tropical setting with the Caribbean music playing in the background everywhere is very soothing. It truly feels like we get 2 vacations in one. We have been there when it's at capacity and it never feels like it. The quiet pools have always been just that. We have a hard time getting our son out of the main pool, it is great. My wife and I like to grab a drink and walk on one of the sandy beaches barefoot at night. Walking on the sand feels like you're getting a foot massage. The Custom House, where you check in and check out, is totally separate from the food court, arcade and gift shop. This really helps keep those areas from getting crazy loud or busy feeling. Every village has it's own bus stop so you are never far from one.

There is nothing wrong with POR or POFQ, we just really prefer CBR for the above reasons.

My DS is a teen and the POFQ pool seems a little 'babyish' (his words, not mine ;)). He likes the pool area at POR much better. We're traveling with a family of 5, hopefully we'll be in the AB section. I love the rustic look of the rooms. Looking forward to seeing Yeeha Bob too.
I agree with your son. The pool at POFQ is really great for little kids and new swimmers, but not so much for older kids. I happen to really love the theme at POFQ and think it's very romantic which was why I suggested it for couples too. Have you told Disney that you are traveling with the other family? They should be able to put you in the same building and since there are 5 of them they will have to be in the AB section. I know with DVC you can give them your reservation number to be near your friends but I don't know how it works with the regular Disney resorts. Call CRO and see if their reservation number on the notes of your reservation will help them block you together.

I would definitely book preferred in the AB section. I dont want a long walk to the food court and pool. It makes it really hard when you have walked miles all day at the parks.
Then you should be fine :thumbsup2. I would personally choose a resort I had not stayed at previously because I am on a mission to stay at all the WDW resorts. I only have 4 left (including the campgrounds) :cool1:.

This is my thoughts too! I would like the smaller resort and the grounds look lovely but the freaky mardi gra decorations and even the pool does not appeal to me!

Like someone else mentioned I like the idea of trying something new. We have stayed at both CBR and CSR and enjoyed both. POR would look and feel like all my visits to my grandmothers house in SC so really nothing new there, even the old swimming hole. Growing up we would go to a real swimming hole with a sandy bottom and a swing in a tree that went out over the water.

I have us booked in AoA LM but am worried I will miss amenities etc of a mod over value

You can pay for a preferred room at POR if you want to be sure you are close to the food court. Or else request a room in Magnolia Terrace. Only a short walk across the bridge to the main buildings.

Yes we would pay preferred if we choose POR but the only bad thing about preferred is you cant use any discounts or free dining on them :(

Having stayed at all three of your options, CBR is our favorite. You really can't go wrong with any of the three, but CBR just feels right. There is just such a laid back relaxed atmosphere at CBR that is such a nice change of pace from the craziness of the parks. The tropical setting with the Caribbean music playing in the background everywhere is very soothing. It truly feels like we get 2 vacations in one. We have been there when it's at capacity and it never feels like it. The quiet pools have always been just that. We have a hard time getting our son out of the main pool, it is great. My wife and I like to grab a drink and walk on one of the sandy beaches barefoot at night. Walking on the sand feels like you're getting a foot massage. The Custom House, where you check in and check out, is totally separate from the food court, arcade and gift shop. This really helps keep those areas from getting crazy loud or busy feeling. Every village has it's own bus stop so you are never far from one.

There is nothing wrong with POR or POFQ, we just really prefer CBR for the above reasons.

CBR sounds really nice and we love the beaches. We stayed at the Poly last visit and really enjoyed the beach area. This beginning to become a hard decision :rotfl:

POR is our favorite & we just stayed there 2x in April in a Preferred AB room. First trip we got building 18 & second trip we got building 14. Loved how close the rooms were to everything. Plus there was a quiet pool in front of building 18 that we made good use of during the early evening hours while everyone else was at dinner or still at the parks. We took a carriage ride through POFQ and found it too small and compact for our taste. Love the grounds at POR. check out www.portorleans.org - I think that's the website that was a lifesaver for me to decide to go there after many years at values & a few stays at Deluxes. Have fun!!:thumbsup2

POR is our favorite & we just stayed there 2x in April in a Preferred AB room. First trip we got building 18 & second trip we got building 14. Loved how close the rooms were to everything. Plus there was a quiet pool in front of building 18 that we made good use of during the early evening hours while everyone else was at dinner or still at the parks. We took a carriage ride through POFQ and found it too small and compact for our taste. Love the grounds at POR. check out www.portorleans.org - I think that's the website that was a lifesaver for me to decide to go there after many years at values & a few stays at Deluxes. Have fun!!:thumbsup2

Thanks for all the information. I was thinking of requesting building 18. How is the walk to the food court from there ?

Thanks for all the information. I was thinking of requesting building 18. How is the walk to the food court from there ?

Piece of cake - practically no time at all. I'm not a walker (except in the parks... Lol!). We were in room 1805 & loved it. Just a little ways down the path & in the back door of the food court.

We love POR and CBR. Either one is large with the potential to be far away from the food court. Having the check in separate is not a big deal at CBR. You can do anything you need to do (room balance, ticket upgrades, etc) but check in/out at OPR in the food court area right near the gift shop. Unless you are in Barbados you will probably want a bellman to take your luggage to and from your room, but many locations at POR & CSR are that way as well.

I really hope CBR gets queen beds.soon but our room last March was in great shape.

We also love CSR.

POFQ's pool is too small and we missed quiet pools but it is a lovely resort.

I don't think you can make a bad choice with any of the mods!

But I would never let the separate check in area sway anyone away from CBR. The resort has so many positives that the location where you spend maybe ten minutes total of your vacation should not be a deciding factor in my opinion.

Have you told Disney that you are traveling with the other family? They should be able to put you in the same building and since there are 5 of them they will have to be in the AB section. I know with DVC you can give them your reservation number to be near your friends but I don't know how it works with the regular Disney resorts. Call CRO and see if their reservation number on the notes of your reservation will help them block you together.

We do have our reservations linked together so although we really do not need to be right next door to each other, we would like to be in the same building. I think we requested bldg 16 or maybe it was 18 ??(closest to the preferred section without being preferred, that category was not available when we booked). I'm hoping for both requests but so far when we have made requests we have only gotten part of the request. So excited to be staying at this resort!

Well POFQ is winning by 1 ! I think the one we want to stay at is POR but we wanted a preferred room and after checking the Disney site and checking on prices a preferred room is not included on any discounts or free dining:sad:

Well POFQ is winning by 1 ! I think the one we want to stay at is POR but we wanted a preferred room and after checking the Disney site and checking on prices a preferred room is not included on any discounts or free dining:sad:
Well, that's a bummer :(. Is CBR Preferred included? I think I would go POFQ over non-preferred POR or CBR. Those two resorts are too spread out.

We did get preferred room at CBR for the first week of December with free dining pin Friday. It was not offered on line but was available when I talked to CM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter