So...now what do you think?

Is VMK Closing?

• Yes, it will still close!

• I think we are going to save it!!

• No, it was never going to close - it was a marketing scam.

Results are only viewable after voting.

mystic78

Earning my Captain's hat
Is VMK going to close or are we saving it?

I am still trying to decide if I want to trade everything or keep it. :goodvibes

I think we're making too much progress and proving our point too well. Eventually, someone who is able to make a decision about VMK will hear what we're saying and will decide to keep it open. We're so close...

I think we're making to much progress and proving our point too well. Eventually, someone who is able to make a decision about VMK will hear what we're saying and will decide to keep it open. We're so close...
I agree. I didn't think we actually would get this much publicity and news from the closing of VMK, but I guess I was wrong. I mean look how far we have gotten since we first heard about the closing.

I find myself wanting to hold on to my special stuff Just In Case. Maybe, just maybe, the fight to save vmk will work.
But I voted "no" because I think it will really close. Disney is a business. Although goodwill is important to the company overall, I don't think it can or will take precedence over economic business considerations. Our heartfelt pleas are why we want (or in some cases need) VMK, but I haven't read any overwhelming reason from Disney's business stand point why to keep it open. Basically Cost vs Benefit. From their standpoint the cost of VMK is more than the marketing/goodwill benefit they currently get from it.

I find myself wanting to hold on to my special stuff Just In Case. Maybe, just maybe, the fight to save vmk will work.
But I voted "no" because I think it will really close. Disney is a business. Although goodwill is important to the company overall, I don't think it can or will take precedence over economic business considerations. Our heartfelt pleas are why we want (or in some cases need) VMK, but I haven't read any overwhelming reason from Disney's business stand point why to keep it open. Basically Cost vs Benefit. From their standpoint the cost of VMK is more than the marketing/goodwill benefit they currently get from it.

Sadly, I have to agree with Golden, it probably will be a miracle if Disney decides not to close. Even if they relent, and let us continue to play, how much trust can we have that they won't do the same thing another year from now. Would you continue to use movie rewards to buy virtual things, knowing that they could pull the plug anytime? I was too late to use my points for Inferno, and right now I at least have the comfort that those points are not going to vanish into thin air come May 21.

The trust issue is a really big deal, and I'm amazed that Disney does not see that this will be a problem with any future promotion they intend to foist upon the unsuspecting public. :furious: :furious: :furious: <--- the 1st time I've ever used the 'furious' icon

ETA: I haven't given up though ... I will fight to the very end to save VMK!!

i voted vmk will still close.....companies will change their policy if you hit them in the pocket book where it counts...in the case of VMK however, they are making no money off of a free site--vmk is simply an advertising tool for the disney parks. disney apparently believes it has run its course and is prepared to devote staff and money to other ventures, so i seriously doubt they will change their minds just because ppl want them to. aside from making a select group of ppl happy (that small amount of ppl who play vmk around the world) they gain little by it..

my two cents, as depressing as that all might sound to ppl.

I'm actually somewhere in between we're saving it and it was a marketing scam.

I just keep wondering about that 6 week window we were given. Disney is usually not shy about suddenly closing something that supposedly is making them no money. So I've been thinking about maybe they're just waiting to see how many die hard fans VMK really has before making a final decision to go pay to play.

Also, we have made quite a bit of progress too with the media. And making more progress as we go.

So who knows?

I voted that we're going to save it..somehow I guess. They're probably just going to close it but maybe, if we make it bigger they might take a second thought into all this and give it another chance..:confused3

If I was Disney and that I would decide to close VMK for x reason or y reason, seeing so many people still wanting to play VMK, I would create a new VMK without Sulake, but I am not Disney so who knows.

I voted that we may save it. I'm not 100 positive on that matter, but with the press it's receiving, Disney may decide to keep it open for the time being.

The problem I forsee is that Disney won't devote much resources to VMK, so, apart from the moderators, things will remain static. There won't be any new rooms, or magic, or quests. Then after a year or so, Disney will pull the plug, again, saying it was because of dwindeling interest.

Of course, if it stays open for any period of time, Disney can review it's pay to play options, and migrate to that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter