• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So how spoiled are you.

I know DH and I could save points and go more often if we stayed in a studio vs a 1-br, but along with my "high maintenance DH", please see above post for an example of said "high maintenance DH", the studios also have queen beds...

and we have a king at home, and with a DH who is over 6'4", he's not sharing a queen with me....and when we're in a queen there is touching and smooshing going on and who wants touching and smooshing when you've been in a park all day long??

:rotfl2:

Now....if DVC swapped out queen beds for king beds then we'd be there all the time!

I know DH and I could save points and go more often if we stayed in a studio vs a 1-br, but along with my "high maintenance DH", please see above post for an example of said "high maintenance DH", the studios also have queen beds...

and we have a king at home, and with a DH who is over 6'4", he's not sharing a queen with me....and when we're in a queen there is touching and smooshing going on and who wants touching and smooshing when you've been in a park all day long??

:rotfl2:

Now....if DVC swapped out queen beds for king beds then we'd be there all the time!
We're right there with ya!

If we (2 ppl) are just tourists, out of the room all day & just coming back to sleep, & only staying for a few days, then a regular hotel (or Studio) is fine.

With DVC, we're there about 2 weeks, spend more time in the room (a glass of wine while sitting on the balcony thrills me more than some ride :cloud9: ), stock the fridge with goodies, pop some laundry in, & just spread out & relax....... a 1bedroom makes our DVC trips a real "vacation".

I can't stay in a normal hotel after 13 years of DVC. If we go to Hershey I have to stay at bluegreen or rent a house. Did the same for our trip to Williamsburg. I love all 3 of my kids but I want them in another room with a locked door for a few hours a day.

Same here. I can tolerate 2 nights max in a studio. However we can now go more often and would like to stay longer. So now we stay right outside of Disney for one night (usually Marriott Village right off exit 68 for about $100, plus $15 for parking but free breakfast). Then will check into a studio for one or two nights (mostly to take advantage of the deluxe dining plan.....hope it returns soon). Then move to a one bedroom for six nights. Or seven depending on the points season. Then we might spend another night off property or move to a studio in the same resort...don’t like to spend lots of points to just get up and leave at 7 am to drive home. We stretch our points a little further this way...and most often it’s just the two of us and we have lots of flexibility. We worked hard for a very long time and I really love being able to enjoy the fruits of our labor.

Yes I’m totally spoiled and have spoiled grandkids and great nieces as well. When my niece, her hubby, and their daughter invited me to go with them and share their room at POR, I said yes. I arrived after they had checked in. When they opened the door to the room, my great niece turned to her mom and said’”where’s the rest of it? I want Aunt *** to book the rooms from now on” My niece is never going to let me forget it.

We own two fixed weeks, three bedroom timeshares. We also own DVC. We have owned since my kids were small and they are now 27 and 23 So they really only have stayed in TSs and when we cruise we would get two connecting balcony cabins.

When my daughter was in HS, her HS softball team traveled to Myrtle Beach for games. She said when she got up and getting ready she made her bed since she didnt realize the hotel rooms have the maids come in and clean, so she was and is certainly spoiled.

We've never been "hotel room" people. Even our very first family vacation with a toddler and one on the way (three nights in Toledo of all places) was in a Residence Inn-style place with a separate bedroom, kitchen, etc. For us, timeshare was a no-brainer--and we're those people who don't understand why DVC Members prefer studios, because to us those are just glorified hotel rooms.

In fact, it's become a bit of an inside joke between DW and I. We'll be sitting in the living room of our unit, one on the couch and the other in a nice comfy chair, reading. Out of nowhere, one of us will say: "Hotels, huh?" As in: "I know that people do that, but I can't for the life of me figure out why."

Its been a problem traveling internationally, however, where hotel rooms are smaller and we've been doing a lot of corporate travel - so not AirBnB where we could rent apartments. But we've been spoiled there as well - rooms with a view of Big Ben, or rooms overlooking the Queen Victoria Building in Sydney, or rooms with dik dik and water buffalo out our back door on the Serengeti. Its a trade. (And internationally, its generally just been two of us, a small hotel room with a view is ok).

It’s an interesting question with two discrete, polar opposite, yet perfectly appropriate and logical answers.

If we (2 ppl) are just tourists, out of the room all day & just coming back to sleep, & only staying for a few days, then a regular hotel (or Studio) is fine.

With DVC, we're there about 2 weeks, spend more time in the room (a glass of wine while sitting on the balcony thrills me more than some ride :cloud9: ), stock the fridge with goodies, pop some laundry in, & just spread out & relax....... a 1bedroom makes our DVC trips a real "vacation".
I can't stay in a normal hotel after 13 years of DVC. If we go to Hershey I have to stay at bluegreen or rent a house. Did the same for our trip to Williamsburg. I love all 3 of my kids but I want them in another room with a locked door for a few hours a day.
Same here. I can tolerate 2 nights max in a studio. However we can now go more often and would like to stay longer. So now we stay right outside of Disney for one night (usually Marriott Village right off exit 68 for about $100, plus $15 for parking but free breakfast). Then will check into a studio for one or two nights (mostly to take advantage of the deluxe dining plan.....hope it returns soon). Then move to a one bedroom for six nights. Or seven depending on the points season. Then we might spend another night off property or move to a studio in the same resort...don’t like to spend lots of points to just get up and leave at 7 am to drive home. We stretch our points a little further this way...and most often it’s just the two of us and we have lots of flexibility. We worked hard for a very long time and I really love being able to enjoy the fruits of our labor.

I'm on the same page! Once our family (DM, DS & myself) stayed in a 1bedroom, going back to a "regular" hotel room is tough! only tolerable for 2 nights when we go to Universal & we leave most of our luggage at our Disney Resort & bring only 1 suitcase with just enough stuff. Always like to end at Disney with lots of space & washed clothes. DVC is great!

It's funny, why I feel spoiled is kind of the opposite of everyone else! It's not the 1br but the DVC studios that sleep the 5 in one room (with "real" sleeping surfaces for all) that spoils me. I hate going to a hotel where I have to pay for two rooms, fingers crossed they will be connecting, because they don't have beds for my trio of kiddos to stay with me.

I'm sure once the kids are older we'll be happy getting two studios or become 1br devotees like the rest of you, but for now, give me DVC studios so we can all be together as a family and I don't have to split up with my DH between two rooms so one of us can each be in a room with the kids.

DW refuses to move once we are in a room so forget about saving a few points by staying in a Studio then moving to a 1 BR.

And I have to have a jacuzzi and fan (which BCV took out in the last renovation) so I book at BCV and at 7 months get a room at BWV (except in the warmer seasons where I prefer SAB to relax.)

Spoiled? Yeah a bit, but then I think about the maintenance fees every December and feel entitled.

We've been inching towards the 2 bed for just by DH and I when we have to work while traveling. Also, he SNORES and I despise snoring - always have and always will. Addionally, I now own 3 Owner's Lockers. Looking at them right now - can't wait to organize them!!

We are extremely spoiled. For a short WDW trip (up to 4 nights), it's a 1BR minimum at either BLT or Kidani (for the extra bathroom). For a week long trip, it's a 2BR minimum. There are 4 of us.

For non-WDW vacations, we get two hotel rooms or rent a house/apartment.

DW and I have spoiled ourselves I suppose. If we are going for a week with our DD we would rather have a 2br. A 1br would work but DD doesn't like the sofa bed. However we are not opposed to getting a studio for a weekend if it means we get to go to Disney again..

We are totally spoiled!! We are in Montana exploring Yellowstone and the surrounding areas. The cabin we are staying in has bed bugs!!! Unfortunately there’s no where else to go because the whole town of west Yellowstone is booked solid. We picked the place that adventures by Disney goes to and my kids all wish we were staying at the wilderness lodge instead. The silver lining is that at least we are aware that we may be bringing the bugs back home with us and can take the appropriate precautions and they comped our entire $2700 cabin bill. We leave tomorrow and are excited to go home. I brought a small clothes steamer with me so I’m going to steam all our luggage before putting it in the car to go back to the airport because I don’t want the little buggers to spread to anyone else in the airplane. We have had a great trip but we are definitely city dwellers.

Yeah, I"m spoiled for sure. We just got back from a Williamsburg trip, and stayed in spring hill suites....nope. Even though larger than regular rooms, that layout is just not enough for true comfort for us if staying several days. We had decided it would cost too much to stay just across the parking lot at Residence Inn, but I think on future multi-day trips, we're going to have budget for that. Miss having a kitchen, and separate room for sure. We have a regular room booked at Universal's Royal Pacific in Oct....Love RPH, but I'm already dreading that close of quarters for 3 nights.....might try and change one night to one of the suites at the new hotel.
We always stay 1 bedroom or larger DVC., except for the couple of times we've stayed at Poly. I was convinced to buy DVC for 1/2 bedroom options, and that's what we prefer. Just wish we could have that everywhere.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter