So how hard is it to get connecting rooms with small kids?

LadyTrampScamp&Angel

DIS Veteran
Hi there,
We have a package booked for May at Pop Century. I thinking about getting a second room so that we'd have more space. My kids are young, 3 and 7 so it would be important to me to have connecting rooms so we could let the kids stay in one but still be all together.

I know connecting rooms aren't guaranteed but for those who have tried this - did you have any problems?

Thanks!

I don't think it should be a problem getting the connecting rooms, I think I read somewhere the the PC has more connecting rooms than alot of other disney resorts. But I think with children so young they require an adult in each room.:earsgirl: :earsboy:

Originally posted by LadyTrampScamp&Angel
So how hard is it to get connecting rooms with small kids?

Very hard. Due to cutbacks, WDW has stopped issuing small kids, even to those who have requested connecting rooms. :laughing:

However, if you provide your own small kids, you can call and ask them to notate on your reservation that you need connecting rooms due to the ages of the children. They will do their best to accomodate you. You shouldn't have a problem. Good luck!

If you book connecting room and have 2 adults and 2 children then you are guaranteed to have them connect.

If, for example, you had 3 adults on the reservation, connecting rooms would not be guaranteed.

I think someone said this already but....if it's only 2 adults with the small children, Disney will guarantee you connecting rooms.

Jess

Originally posted by Gupsmom
I think someone said this already but....if it's only 2 adults with the small children, Disney will guarantee you connecting rooms.

Jess

Are we sure on this? I'm only asking because I had seen a post somewhere else that said that they would only guarantee connecting rooms if there was only one adult (over 18). I'd love to know for sure myself because I would love to do connecting rooms next time so we could all sleep better. Realistically, we probably would sleep with one adult in each room just because our kids are young, but I would definitely want the rooms to be connecting.

When I called, I was told it was only guaranteed if the children outnumbered the adults....so I guess it depends on who you talk to (like everything else...)

When they ask you who is in each room, can you tell them 2 adults in one room, and 2 kids in the other? Since there are no adults in the second room, it seems it would have to connect to one with adults. Not sure of this, but it's worth a shot!

Katie

I'm not sure what the exact rules are, but Disney guaranteed us connecting rooms. We're a family of 5....2 adults, 3 kids.

Jess

Originally posted by HookdonWDW
Very hard. Due to cutbacks, WDW has stopped issuing small kids, even to those who have requested connecting rooms. :laughing:

You know, that's the very same thing I thought. I was going to tell the OP it was hard but, having raised my own kids, I'm really glad.
There's nothing worse than small children running through your connecting room when us old foggies are trying to take a nap! :rotfl:

Roberta

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you want to request "adjoining" rooms which mean they have a door walk-through. Connecting rooms may mean next door or across the hall.

~DawnMaree

Connecting rooms are the ones with the door between them. I used to think it was the other way around too, until my husband worked at a hotel that is.

If there is a limited number of connecting (or even adjoining rooms) available hotels will give preference to parents with young kids. You won't have a problem, just have your request noted on your reservation.

Originally posted by Virgo10
You know, that's the very same thing I thought. I was going to tell the OP it was hard but, having raised my own kids, I'm really glad.
There's nothing worse than small children running through your connecting room when us old foggies are trying to take a nap! :rotfl:

Roberta

Roberta,

Must be that dry New England sense of humor. I'm originally from the MA, and one of the hardest things to get used to in the south is that people don't always appreciate dry wit. :p

Ah, I would've changed it if I didn't appreciate the humor! DH and his Dad have that kind of humor too :) but I have to admit DH is a transplanted Northerner!

Thanks for all the tips. I've got to call and get this taken care of. I can't hardly wait to go to WDW!

We recently stayed at Pop Century. We took DD and 3 friends to WDW for her 13th bday.
We requested connecting rooms so that the girls could stay in their own room, but we would still be "close enough".
They told us that since there was two adults they could not guarantee connecting. Basically the rule is one adult per room so if the # of adults = the # of rooms, they will not guarantee.

All that being said, we did get connecting rooms. I'm sure a lot of it depends on the time of year and availability.

Pop Century was designed so that 50% of our rooms are connecting. This means that we have 1,440 connecting rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!