So for those who have stayed at a resort in Flamingo Crossing would you do it again?

Bete

DIS Veteran
Please share your experience. I like the idea of everything being newer. Did you feel it was close enough to the parks?

We are staying there in Oct. we will use Uber/Lyft to get around. Very excited. There is nothing on property. Got a great rate too.

Yes! We loved staying there! We stayed at Townplace Suites. No complaints- really clean, not crowded, great breakfast (can you beat Mickey waffles every day?). With on-site perks diminishing, we'll likely only do off site unless it's a trip we can swing Deluxe and the Flamingo Crossings area really was perfect!

Yes. Stayed at the new Homewood Suites in April and will be back on the 31st. Very convenient drive to the parks and very nice hotel! Now, we didn't visit the parks in April, just did a little getaway, but we did do Disney Springs, mini golf, and explored a couple of resorts.

We loved it! We stayed at Marriott's TownePlace Suites for Memorial Day week for less than $100/night, with free hot breakfast. The on site restaurant, Flamingo's wasn't bad either. The parks were a short drive, and the traffic was non-existent on the western border of WDW. I imagine that will change once the area is more built up. The only drawback was parking at the parks--$25 to park, and take a long, hot walk to the entrance (no tram service), or $50 to park closer for a shorter walk. I would definitely stay there again, especially if on a budget. :thumbsup2

We were just at the Springhill Suites in Flamingo Crossing.

Pros: Close to parks! King suite is pretty big. No tub (in the suite we were in) so didn't have to worry about stepping up and in. Sliding barn door for the bathroom; full length mirror in the bed area, on the closet. Mini microwave and good fridge in the room. Vending machine in lobby, soft serve ice cream with toppings for $5-6. Ok parking, but looked like it could be an issue if they go to capacity. Right now, it's easy to get in and out of, but as the area builds up, they might need to add a light at the entrance. Bed was fairly comfortable, and about king size. Pillows were good. A/C kicked, but reset (or was reset by someone coming in while we were gone) to a warmer temp when we were out. Three elevators.

Cons: Shower was either burning your skin off or ice cold; such a tiny difference between the two. Shower pressure was meh. Shower head had two settings, rain or downpour stream. Breakfast buffet was not great; sausage was weird texture/flavor; Mickey waffles were ok. Didn't use the pool or onsite restaurant. No housekeeping (which was fine), but when we put out the dirty towels and trash half way through our stay, I had to go get the clean towels (at 9pm) when we returned from our day out. There were no trash bags in the room at the start of our stay; I had to get them from the housekeeper (not a big deal, but just a bit of a pain); and the ice bucket bag was used when we walked into the room for the first time (a bit bigger deal) and the ice bucket had about an inch of water in it. No safe in the room. The "coffee bar" was never open when we were in the hotel.

All in all, for just over $400 for 4 nights, it was worth the stay. If it were, say, $165 a night, we'd pass.

We've stayed in Townplace Suites a couple of times & liked it. Nice, clean hotel right across the road from Disney's western gate, no parking/fees, and free hot breakfast. We had rude employee issues once, but everyone has a bad day once in a while. It's high on our list of off property hotels & we'll definitely stay there again.

This location is close to AK and the newly rebuilt McDonalds and one of the Value Resorts… and the all new College Program Campus.
The shuttle service was available at Marriott Springhill Suites (reservation and fee required , Maingate Transportation Also Shared with TownePlace Suites by Marriott. They share pool too
Across street were the new Hilton’s and more construction of Target and more resorts Under construction.
Really believe All these suite hotels will impact DVC Studios in future. This location is very close to property.
But Timeshares are still expanding with Margaritaville and adjacent Embassy Suites Resort / Timeshare under construction. No worries concerning DVC points.

Last edited:
Yes. Stayed at the new Homewood Suites in April and will be back on the 31st. Very convenient drive to the parks and very nice hotel! Now, we didn't visit the parks in April, just did a little getaway, but we did do Disney Springs, mini golf, and explored a couple of resorts.
I’m so glad I found this. Was searching for this exact hotel review. I am booked there for April and haven’t been offsite in a few years. Thanks!

I’m so glad I found this. Was searching for this exact hotel review. I am booked there for April and haven’t been offsite in a few years. Thanks!

We did actually go back and stayed here for 8 nights in August. It was still a very nice, clean hotel with easy access to the parks. The pool is very nice and there's a pool bar that has a grill with decent food and drinks. They brought us towels every time we asked. It was convenient to the super target on 192 when we needed stuff, but looks like some of the stores are now open in the development. My only complaint would be that the beds were not as comfortable as I would have liked for a 8 nights stay and all that walking :lol:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter