• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So confused!

Shastie

Earning My Ears
I am a newbie to the site and also have never been to DW before. Now my family (kids, DH, parents and siblings and their families) are going to go in November. I had no idea that this board even exsisted and we booked our trip with our local travel agent. Being from South Dakota - we certainly won't get to DW very often. Did we really screw up by booking through our travel agent? Will we still be able to get any new offers (ex. free dining) if offered for our November time slot? Can anyone help??

Welcome to the DIS, Shastie! :wave:

Yes, you will still be able to get discounts if they become available during your stay, but you have to keep your eye out for them. If you hear about a discount or special package, then give your travel agent a call and ask them to apply the discount to your room. A friend of mine was booked for just a regular package, and she was able to have her travel agent add the free dining at another time.

So, just keep your eyes peeled on these boards, and if you hear of something better coming out, call your travel agent :)

Karen

You can also go to Mousesavers.com and sign up for the newsletter. You will be notified if any new codes come out. Also, register and sign up for newsletters from Disney.com. That will get you on the list for possible discounts through e-mail and postcards. I got a postcard for our 2003 trip that saved me $70 a night at CBR.

December '05 CBR :Pinkbounc :banana: :cheer2:
May '03 CBR
May '00 ASMo
November '98 CBR
November '96 Dixie Landings
October '94 Dixie Landings

cat1258 said:
You can also go to Mousesavers.com and sign up for the newsletter. You will be notified if any new codes come out. Also, register and sign up for newsletters from Disney.com. That will get you on the list for possible discounts through e-mail and postcards. I got a postcard for our 2003 trip that saved me $70 a night at CBR.

December '05 CBR :Pinkbounc :banana: :cheer2:
May '03 CBR
May '00 ASMo
November '98 CBR
November '96 Dixie Landings
October '94 Dixie Landings

Signing up for Mousesavers newsletter will get you on the list to recieve postcard and e-mail offers? Are you sure?

dkrause716 said:
Signing up for Mousesavers newsletter will get you on the list to recieve postcard and e-mail offers? Are you sure?

No, you have to sign up on Disney.com to get on the list for postcards and e-mail offers. Mousesavers will just let you know if Disney releases codes for discounts. Sorry if I confused anyone.

Cat

I will go to both of those sites and sign up - hey, I'm up for whatever deals I can find!!! We are SO excited about our trip and I have to say that these boards have made it even more exciting - thanks!

cat1258 said:
No, you have to sign up on Disney.com to get on the list for postcards and e-mail offers. Mousesavers will just let you know if Disney releases codes for discounts. Sorry if I confused anyone.

Cat
No problem--I read wrong too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter