So cliche - Starting back on Jan 1

Thanks Desiree! I actually woke up the next day down the whole 17! Then I indulged in Mom's Meatloaf... But, really, who can turn down their Mom's meatloaf?!

Thanks Desiree! I actually woke up the next day down the whole 17! Then I indulged in Mom's Meatloaf... But, really, who can turn down their Mom's meatloaf?!

mmmm, meatloaf. I guess I know what I'm making for dinner tonight now!

I started week 5 yesterday in my c25k program. Oof, it was hard. Tomorrow, I'm supposed to do 8 minute run intervals, which just sounds daunting. I plan on taking the flattest course possible so I can hopefully get through it, but I have my doubts. I really want to complete all my run segments. I don't remember c25k being that tough before! :confused3 Am I just getting older???

All this running is helping... not quite on the scale - I don't think I've lost any, but man, I'm really seeing an improvement in stress. I have a hearing about an insurance claim (almost $4000 is on the line - over my colonoscopy in Sept) - its in a 2nd appeal, and the hearing is next Wed... I thought I'd be freaking out about it, but I think about it a lot on my runs, and it doesn't bother me all that much the rest of the day. it also keeps my mind off the RUN, so I can go further. Do you guys ever do that? If you're not thinking about what you're doing (exercise - running, biking, etc), you're not feeling it, and you're able to do more???

I also noticed today - although I may not have lost anything on the scale, my thighs have less cellulite on them. tmi??? sorry, but they do! My quads are so much stronger now, and I totally don't mind them because they aren't as jiggly. Now, if that would just spread to my butt and love handles... :rotfl:

Let's keep it up, ladies!!!

Soo... Things are going the wrong way around here...

We've eaten junk/out for the past three days, along with staying up too late, sleeping in, acting lazy, and not working out. Sounds fun, I'm sure, but I'm actually feeling a little sick, both mentally and physically.

My DBF, Mike, is on vacation until August 8th or so. The goal is to be back down to 17 lbs. lost before we do any traveling. We're planning to go to Colorado (brewery tours, Jhenn!), the cabin, and maybe a few other little trips. TOM is coming soon, so that should help. I'd like to be down the full 20 (maybe more! 25??) before starting grad school on August 21.

Given that, tomorrow is MONDAY, and it's time to get motivated. Clean eating, daily cardio and strength workouts, and getting in a surplus of water and tea.

Who's with me? How can I help cheer you on or hold you accountable?

I'm in! Today is a new day!

I'm back in recovery mode since Friday's birthday fiasco involving too many margaritas!

This week will be a challenge for me though. I'm trying to get in all that I can now since we are leaving to visit family in Florida on Wednesday. I should be able to do something while I'm there, even if it is walking or running. Maybe even swimming, if I can "borrow" my cousin's country club membership while I'm there. :) :beach:

So my game plan is to NOT FALL OFF THE WAGON while on vacation.

LMM - great plan of attack! You can do this!

Hops - I really found that week 5 of C25K was 100% mental. I know you can do it! You've been working towards this run for the last 4 weeks!

So far, so good! I feel like I have to do a great job today... We are going to do a paddle boarding demo for two hours tomorrow morning! Hopefully I can look decent in a picture or two. :)

So, reacquainting with MFP and my running shoes and hopefully my cycling shoes, too. What are you doing to reach your goals today?

Jhenn, how was the next run? Does anybody have any great "power songs" on their playlist?

Ashley- I'm in too. And rally jealous that you're found brewery tours in Colorado! I have another meeting next week with bells brewery in Michigan for work, but I'm not sure yet if I'm attending in person or via conference call. I hope in person so I can go to their tap room afterward!

My 2nd run of week 5 was great. Did my 8 min stints and all was well (warm up, run 8 mms, walk 5 mins, run 8 mins). Sunday, I attempted the 3rd run of the week- warm up, run 20mins. I got to about 15 and I couldn't anymore. It was hot, there was NO shade, I was tired and mildly dehydrated. I walked for about 3 mins and ran the last 2. Disappointed for sure. I think if I had woken up early and gotten out there before the sun came out, while it was still cool, I might've had a better shot. But it was 90 degrees when I got back home. Ick! (Ideal running weather for me is high50s to low 60s. ). But it was my birthday and dang it, I was sleeping in!!! (Until 8:30!).

I'm working hard this week at keeping hydrated. I bought a watermelon- it's a good snack for me and gets me the fluids I forget to drink. I can keep a big container of it at work and eat a few snacks of it throughout the day.

My big fear is this weekend. We have a mini family reunion of sorts. My sister is visioning my parents (4 hours from us) so were goin up. Cousins are in town from California, Connecticut, so were all getting together in Chicago. It's going to be fun but a TON of food. Filipino food (my parents) and home made from scratch Italian food (bil is italian- moved here as an adult- his whole family will be there too- 4 nieces and nephews- and they all put places like Olive Garden, even places like Carrabas or Maggiaonos or bucca de beppo- to shame!). So I will start tracking NEXT Monday. Because this weekend is going to be a last hurrah for sure!!

Desiree- how's that fitbit? Do you love it? I'm Hopi g my sister brought hers on her visit. I want to check one out in person.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Jhenn - I'm glad that your one run was good, even if your birthday run wasn't so great... Happy Birthday!!! Running is always like that for me. If it wasn't for that one run every few weeks that felt awesome, I would have quit so long ago. Instead I plod along for six runs hoping that the seventh will be better, and sometimes it is. Have you been for Ft. Collins before? They have awesome beer culture there. We're getting a few really good breweries and brewpubs here in Minnesota, too, so when you plan your next trip through, I'll point you in the right direction. You do have my favorite little wine bar in the world there in Indianapolis, though.

I made it on our paddle boarding excursion today. It's definitely something to try if you haven't already! It was a beautiful morning out on the lake, and the paddle board is a great core workout. It felt good to use some new muscles. Afterward we hit up one of my favorite little European-style bistros for some coffee, then I went for a (roasty toasty) run. Now I'm trying to get myself to go sit by the pool for a little bit before taking a nap. Rough life!

Glad to have our January 1 thread alive and kickin again! If some people have Christmas in July, why not New Year's?!

ok, I'm feeling like this: :worried:, but I'm confessing... I've skipped two runs. I'm not afraid that I've fallen off the wagon, yet. BUt I'm disappointed in myself. Very disappointed. After over a month and a half of running every other day - come heat, my BIRTHDAY, rain... I got out there and did it. It may not have been pretty, it may not have been good, but I DID IT. But on Saturday, I just couldn't. We were out of town visiting my parents and my sister (who was also in town from California with her family) and we were up until 3 am on Fri night, and up by 8am getting things going on the party. I mean, I was wearing my running clothes - while cutting melon - when guests arrived! I had every intention of going. My niece was going to come with me - just a quick 2 miler - but time got away from us, guest started arriving, and it was SO HOT! I just got in the shower and got dressed for the party. I SHOULD HAVE just taken 20 mins, did the dang run, and then did it. NO one would have missed me for that 20 mins. :-( I'm so mad at myself.

Then Monday - It was raining, and we were getting back from being in the car for a long time on little sleep… and about to spend another 4 hours in a car. I just skipped it. We were on our feet all day at the Air Force museum (3 full hangars of planes – we go at least once a year!) and I was just TIRED.

I’m still just mentally tired from all the lack of sleep and hubub of the weekend. It was great to see everyone in my family (got all cousins together and the party ballooned from there… we had 80-100 people!) but exhausting!

I’m going to get back at it tomorrow… I hope. I’m trying to go to sleep early tonight. Hard because DH took this week off as a “staycation” and I’m still working and DD is still going to camp. So, he stayed up late last night, and I went to bed at about 11:30, but didn’t fall asleep until around 1am. He came to bed around 2:30??? He called me around 10:45 and sounded like he just rolled out of bed. Can’t blame him, as I’d do the same if I could!

So, missed 2 runs, but also got new motivation – We have a wedding in the family to attend this fall! Gotta tone up for that. My mom got a killer dress – she looks fantastic in it. So… thinking about adding 30DS to my off-running weekdays. That way every weekday, I’ll workout, and only have a non-exercise day one weekend day. Would be it more like habit then??? What do you think? Good idea, or I’ll burn myself out.

I did find myself “missing” my runs. Like, I actually WANTED to do them!

Desiree- how's that fitbit? Do you love it? I'm Hopi g my sister brought hers on her visit. I want to check one out in person.

I am madly in love with mine! It's definitely helping a ton and I'm getting more exercise in than ever now that I am aiming for specific steps. The one and only thing I wish that it doesn't do, is that it doesn't calculate the elliptical steps. But really that is my only grievance.

I made it on our paddle boarding excursion today. It's definitely something to try if you haven't already! It was a beautiful morning out on the lake, and the paddle board is a great core workout. It felt good to use some new muscles. Afterward we hit up one of my favorite little European-style bistros for some coffee, then I went for a (roasty toasty) run. Now I'm trying to get myself to go sit by the pool for a little bit before taking a nap. Rough life!

Glad to have our January 1 thread alive and kickin again! If some people have Christmas in July, why not New Year's?!

That paddle boarding sounds like so much fun! Chris and I were thinking of trying a kayak while we were in Florida. I think next time we will definitely do something different like that!

ok, I'm feeling like this: :worried:, but I'm confessing... I've skipped two runs. I'm not afraid that I've fallen off the wagon, yet. BUt I'm disappointed in myself. Very disappointed. After over a month and a half of running every other day - come heat, my BIRTHDAY, rain... I got out there and did it. It may not have been pretty, it may not have been good, but I DID IT. But on Saturday, I just couldn't. We were out of town visiting my parents and my sister (who was also in town from California with her family) and we were up until 3 am on Fri night, and up by 8am getting things going on the party. I mean, I was wearing my running clothes - while cutting melon - when guests arrived! I had every intention of going. My niece was going to come with me - just a quick 2 miler - but time got away from us, guest started arriving, and it was SO HOT! I just got in the shower and got dressed for the party. I SHOULD HAVE just taken 20 mins, did the dang run, and then did it. NO one would have missed me for that 20 mins. :-( I'm so mad at myself.

So, missed 2 runs, but also got new motivation – We have a wedding in the family to attend this fall! Gotta tone up for that. My mom got a killer dress – she looks fantastic in it. So… thinking about adding 30DS to my off-running weekdays. That way every weekday, I’ll workout, and only have a non-exercise day one weekend day. Would be it more like habit then??? What do you think? Good idea, or I’ll burn myself out.

I did find myself “missing” my runs. Like, I actually WANTED to do them!

Sorry you missed those runs, I am actually starting to feel like that too when I miss. But you have a good game plan in place and I think adding the 30DS is going to help!

Well back to reality here for me today. I go back to work tomorrow and here I am on the DIS procrastinating. I have a few loads of laundry to get caught up on and replenish the groceries. I slept a little late this morning so I had a late start with my run. It was awful! Ugh Louisiana humdity at 9:30. I could only muster through 1 mile. So I came back inside and decided to hit the elliptical to round things out a bit. I think I'm going to hit the shower and get started on all that fun stuff so I can sit on my behind the rest of the day and work on getting caught up on my dvr. I'm hoping I didn't do too much damage with all the food and alcohol I drank while on vacation. The good news at least is that I actually did manage a LOT of exercise too while there. Thank goodness for that.

I've missed you guys! Hope you all had a wonderful week. I took a few pics of our trip and they are up on my blog if you guys want to check it out.

How are you guys doing?

I had a pretty good weekend until Sunday when I wrecked the ole diet thanks to the massive July family birthday party. Ugh. I didn't go too overboard, but I sure could have used a little more self control.

But in positive news, I did run 4 miles straight on Saturday! My longest run ever!

Woohoo! Desiree, congrats on your four-miler! I bet that felt great! :thumbsup2 It's an accomplishment, to be sure!

Jhenn - Your confessions made me feel like I better sharpen up around here. I usually don't break down and feel the need to confess until a week (maybe two?) have gone by.

Which brings me to Plan B (C? D? E? F? I've tried so many, this is probably more like Plan ZZ)... I found a Facebook page called Bikini Body Mommy. I'm not a Mommy, but I figured that if the workouts helped women post-baby, and if women had time to do them post-baby, then they could probably work for me. There are set workouts for each day for 90 days, usually a circuit or cardio, very few tools needed. I'm on Day 3 today, and I took before pictures on Tuesday (scary!:scared1:) Anybody care to join me?

Also, I'm the proud new owner of a spin bike. I decided that with working two jobs and starting a Master's program in the fall, I should have a place to get a quick workout in without leaving the house. It's housed in the garage, and I plan to bring my iPad down there when I work out and stream from Netflix. I've never had any in-house exercise equipment, and this is pretty pricey, so I'm keeping track of my usage on a calendar that hangs near the bike so it doesn't become "stationary art.":idea:

I hope your summers are going well! Keep posting! I find that posting/reading posts keeps me so much more accountable. I've been thinking about posting since Tuesday, though, and I'm just getting around to it now. Sorry about that!

Desiree - 4 miles - that's awesome!

Ashley - How's the spin bike? I've never done a spin class, although I have friends who have tried it and loved it (but oddly, no one has stuck with it?). Is it just a lower body workout? cardio?

I have been back to running regularly again for about a week. On my off days, I've done Yoga and/or Core Secrets 25 min workout. It's not amazingly strenuous, but it's better than hanging out on the couch, right? I really like it because I feel stretched after, and I've been feeling like my leg muscles are so tight lately.

I have a 5k coming up in a little over a week. The farthest I've gone so far in my training is 2.75, and still with walk breaks. We'll see how the next week goes!!!

How's everything else going? Do you guys have kids back in school? DD started back 2 weeks go! She's in 4th grade and loving it, but we're finding the teachers are giving disciplinary marks for EVERY LITTLE THING! It's frustrating. DD is a really great kid - she's gotten more marks this week than she had all of 2nd and 3rd grade combined! It's upsetting and disappointing to DD, so we're doing yoga together after we get home - She loves it! Me too - it's good bonding time with her - we joke and laugh, and I think she feels much better after - more relaxed and not as stressed about her "misbehavior" at school.

Totally off subject, but yesterday's mark was for accidentally hitting a boy with the sleeve of her sweater as she put it on. The boy screamed. He accidentally got hit while the shirt was over her head. She was standing still and he was walking - maybe he should watch where he walks? But DD got a mark for it. I kinda just wrote it off as accidents happen and told her not to worry about it - no punishment at home and told her to just be more careful in the future. Would you have reacted differently?

ETA: I don't know when this happened, but when I get up to run now, it's completely pitch black outside. I HATE it! It's so depressing and it takes more mental "umph" to get myself out that door. Once I have my stuff on I'm fine, but it's so intimidating? to open my eyes knowing I'm going to get out of bed for a run, and look through the skylights and windows to complete darkness. :-(

LMM - How's that spin bike working and your workouts going?

H&D - Awesome about the upcoming 5K! Sorry about your dd. Maybe once school gets in and going, the teachers will cool it on the marks. Maybe they are just trying to set a precedence now?

My week has been going pretty well. I actually hit a milestone last Wednesday! I hit 50 pounds lost on my 9 month anniversary! I swear the hardest to get off has been the 40-50 pounds thus far. I'm hoping that this isn't how its gonna be from here on out. But I still do have quite a ways to go. I've got about 60 that I need to lose before I hit goal, but of course I'm just looking forward to getting into the next decade at this point and trying not to obsess over the "big picture".

OK - Did my 5k! Disappoined with my 40 minute time, but I had to stop and readjust my shoes 3 times! - once for one shoe and twice for the other. And the one I stopped twice for, I hurt it! I think my laces were jostled and not in the right place and now the top of my foot is sore.

I still ran 2 miles this morning and hope to get back to going every other day again. I need to really get more rest - I think I was fighting something last week and really pushed myself on Saturday - pushed during the 5k, then worked hard the rest of the day - cleaning, scrubbing floors, etc. DH and DD took me out for a nice dinner later that evening and then we went home and watched a movie together and went to bed!

I was excited that I went out this morning to run though. It was scary and dark out when I left, but I still did it. Because of my foot, I went back to week 2 of c25k, so I'm walking again before my foot starts to hurt. I imagine I'll be working my way back up? I have a 5 miler/5k in early Oct. I'm signing up for the 5miler, but if I don't feel like that one, I can drop down to the 5k.

How was everyone else's weekend???

Anybody still out there? I've been living in a whirlwind, but it is all good things. I'm down a few pounds, but I have great incentive to shimmy off a few more: I'm getting married in April!

I tried on my dream dress today, and I don't think it will ever fit without some work by a seamstress, but I want to make sure that I do whatever I can, too! Fingers crossed!

So, let me know if you are still working on those 2013 resolutions, because I sure am!

Congratulations!!! I'm still here. My friend and I just started 30 day shred again yesterday, as a matter of fact. I just got the green light for exercising again after my surgery. (Tubal ligation)

What an exciting time for you!!! How did he pop the question? Did he pick out your ring, or did you pick it out together? Have you set a date?

DH and I are coming up on 10 years in less than a month- it goes so quick!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards. past trips: Jan 2010 at WL- our magical first trip, Feb 2012 at WL- our escape from the SuperBowl

Congrats LMM!!! How awesome!

I'm still around too and plugging away. Weight loss has stalled but I did hit my 1 year mark on the 7th. Down 56 total in the last year and pretty proud of that. I just posted a blog post from pictures during the last year of my journey if you guys want to check it out.

Ugh! Went to the Dr on Friday, and he said no exercising until at least the Monday after Thanksgiving. My incision isn't healing, and it's been over a month now!

So... I printed out a sticker chart for my 30DS. And I'm going to post it on my wall, and put a stamp or sticker on it every day I work out. I am motivated now - if I can drop 15 lbs, Dr agreed to try to take my off my blood pressure meds. And I would LOVE that.

I also want to get back to running, but I'm not sure that I'm so dedicated that I start back up when it's like 20° out in the mornings. ick!

How are you guys doing? We're heading into holiday season, and then another time of new years resolutions. Looking back, I did ok this year. I'd say I worked regular exercise into about 1/2 of my year. I was definitely more active in 2013 than I was in 2012, but still not as much as I'd like to be. I know 2014 is a new year, but tomorrow is also a new day. How about you all???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter