So anyone watch the new Loki yet?

I also think that Marvel copied the NBC show Quantum Leap because that's what Loki reminded Mom of. I think I might give Loki a watch myself after my mom watches it to see if I like it

I don't see it yet. In Quantum Leap, Sam jumped from body to body to fix wrongs. It seemed like from the trailers it was going in that direction but it went a different way in episode one. Loki didn't take the characters place in the first episode. He actually ended up being that person.

Okay, so I finally got around to watching the first two episodes, and they are pretty great. I love the style! I am definitely enjoying it more than I thought I would.

I was disappointed that the TVA workers were not all clones of Wilson (or, at least, Melissa Villasenor as Wilson as a TVA worker)

I'd have liked to see the faceless guys too - the low level monitoring agents that sit in an endless sea of desks. I think they did a good job realizing the TVA though and I love their 70's retro-future tech and style!

I didn't love Episode 3. It unfortunatly excluded my favorite characters. Like the thrid episode of Falcon & Winter Soldier, I am worried the series took a turn for the worse.

The third episode was just OK. SPOILERS

When Loki and Sylvie ended up on the dying planet it turned into a puzzlebox story (that is, a story that's just about how they get off the planet) and I lost interest. The part where Loki sings Asgardian was cool but did nothing to advance the plot. Sylvie is just not all that interesting and not all that much like Loki for all that she's supposed to be a variant. I'm surprised Loki didn't ask her whether she had a brother, if she grew up in Asgard, etc. The whole episode didn't seem to have much to do with the first two.

Also, was anybody else surprised that Sylvie seemed shocked that her magic didn't work at the TVA? For a plan 'years in the making', I have a hard time believing she wouldn't have found out at some point that magic doesn't work there. Seems like a big detail to miss!

You pretty much summed up my thoughts too. Sylvie just isn't that interesting - she doesn't seem to be like Loki and they don't have much chemistry together for theri repartee. Leaving out Mobius completely was a big misfire!

Last edited:
Just a heads up for episode 4, there is a mid credits scene so keep watching when the credits start

Episode 4 was MUCH better for me than Episode 3 was, so that's good. I was worried tehy had los ttheir momentum, but it's just a bump in the road.

When Loki and Sylvie ended up on the dying planet it turned into a puzzlebox story (that is, a story that's just about how they get off the planet) and I lost interest. The part where Loki sings Asgardian was cool but did nothing to advance the plot. Sylvie is just not all that interesting and not all that much like Loki for all that she's supposed to be a variant. I'm surprised Loki didn't ask her whether she had a brother, if she grew up in Asgard, etc. The whole episode didn't seem to have much to do with the first two.

Also, was anybody else surprised that Sylvie seemed shocked that her magic didn't work at the TVA? For a plan 'years in the making', I have a hard time believing she wouldn't have found out at some point that magic doesn't work there. Seems like a big detail to miss!

Totally agree- was not my fave .

My mom saw Loki a few minutes ago and she liked it and she thought it was well done. I had no idea that Owen Wilson was in Loki as well and I don't know how he got on Loki but Mom says he's great in it

I could never stand Owen Wilson in any role he played -but I actually enjoy him in this. I think the role not only suits him, he plays it really well

That was quite a disappointing season finale and overall show. Maybe my expectations were too high for it being a Marvel show.

That was quite a disappointing season finale and overall show. Maybe my expectations were too high for it being a Marvel show.
I completely disagree. The finale set up the whole phase 4 and explains how we are going to get Spider-Man, Dr. Strange, and Ant Man. I liked that this was essentially the good version of the villian and the worst are yet to come. It also added another Young Avenger to the crew that were already introduced with the potential for another based off who was in this episode.

I enjoyed Loki, but I felt it was too short.

I wish Americans were more open to animated dramas. They could have had so many more episodes if wasn't so expensive.

I completely disagree. The finale set up the whole phase 4 and explains how we are going to get Spider-Man, Dr. Strange, and Ant Man. I liked that this was essentially the good version of the villian and the worst are yet to come. It also added another Young Avenger to the crew that were already introduced with the potential for another based off who was in this episode.

No, I do like what it set up, but it was still just plain dull. There was no push at the end, just a very long, drawn-out, repitive conversation. Who was the other Young Avenger? I am admittedly not that familiar with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter