• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Snorkeling with Stingrays

Maxicat

Earning My Ears
Naive first cruiser question. I like to know details so I don't worry. We're signed up for the Island tour and Snorkeling with Stingrays in Grand Cayman, but hope to walk around shop afterwards. What happens to your bag while you're snorkeling/feeding the stingrays? Also, can you tag as luggage a case of water?

Linda(DW) pixiedust: DH :cool1: , DD15, DD12, DD9, DS6

Magic, 7/29/06!

Welcome to the DIS and the DCL forums.

You leave your clothes and bag on the boat while you snorkel. You are out on a sandbar so the only ones getting on and off the boat are those who went out with you. If you are concerned about credit cards etc. you can buy a waterproof surf safe to keep those in and take them in the water with you.

Can't help you with the water question. We just bring on sports bottles and fill them up with the filtered water on deck 9. Works great for us!

This was absolutely the highlight of all of our excursions. 'Snorkeling' isn't really the case. You pretty much wear the mask on the top of your head because you're only in 3' of water so you just stand there and these magnificent beasts just glide up to you. Admittedly, I was very apprehensive as our tour boat approached but once I entered the water and saw how gentle and graceful the stingrays were, I loved every minute of it. Enjoy!
:wave2: Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter