snacking on board

kpgclark

<font color=339900>There's nothing hum drum about
Does Disney only offer meal service included in the price or are snacks included too? If snacks are included, what kind of snacks are they?

I am not sure what you mean by snacks.....all food is included which means all your meals, anything food from room service, all the "fast food" type things like pizza, chicken fingers (the best!), hot dogs, panni sandwiches, ice cream, fresh fruit, etc.

If you mean popcorn, pretzels, chips, candy.....they do sell those things outside of the Walt Disney Theatre. You could also bring your own "snacks" on board with you, but there is so much food being offered all the time there is really no reason, unless you want to bring your own popcorn to the movies!!

MJ

I wasn't wondering so much about pretzels etc. I'm just wondering what food (if any) is offered between meals. For example if you skip lunch can you eat anything else before dinner? What if the kids want an ice cream or an apple?

You can order room service i believe 24 hrs a day (sandwiches, fruit, pizzas, cookies, etc. meals). There is plenty of food everywhere, pizza, tacos, chicken tenders, ice cream available most all day. We would bring a few croissants back from breakfast and snack on throughou the day. (and a few for our room steward) We even did room service for lunch so we wouldnt eat so much at the buffets. If anything there is tooooo much food available.

My hubby and I ordered room service EVERY night. The cheeseburger's and pizza's were great. They even have huge chocolate chip cookies and cake that changes each night. I just tipped them according to how many things I ordered.

Can you tell me about your tipping per item when you used room service? Do you give the server that comes to you cash each time? I am going on a first curise in Dec. (toooo far away!) but I'm using the time to "learn" about all the ins and outs. I can't wait! Thanks!

Nancy

Although all tipping is up to your discretion (except for the automatic 15% gratuity for drinks), there are no "guidelines" or "suggestions" for room service tipping. My personal <i><b>suggestions</b></i> are as follows:

$2 minimum.
$1 for each additional person receiving service.
$1 if all you're getting is coffee or tea.

So you'll want to start saving single dollar bills prior to your cruise.

We had late seating and late every afternoon the kids and us would order either a sandwich or chicken fingers, or those great choc. chip cookes w/milk, to tide us over until 8:30 dinner.

Just just the Navigator to see what time the Pool Deck eateries close down. (I think they down close down in the late afternoon sometime) This way you can judge what place to eat from when you are hungry.

MJ

Thanks for the information Dave. I think I need a folder just for notes<G> I am so excited!

Nancy

We had late seating and late every afternoon the kids and us would order either a sandwich or chicken fingers, or those great choc. chip cookes w/milk, to tide us over until 8:30 dinner.

Just just the Navigator to see what time the Pool Deck eateries close down. (I think they down close down in the late afternoon sometime) This way you can judge what place to eat from when you are hungry.

I always bring a stack of $50.00 in singles to hand for room service tips and porter, baggage handler, on the cruise and at airport.

MJ

So what you all are saying is...aside from tips of course....that all these extra "eats" :D like room service or a hot dog by the pool or whatever....this is all included in your cruise cost??????

Sounds yummy!:D

I also brought a lot of dollar bills with me. I would tip $2-$5 depending on wether I ordered alone or if hubby and I both ordered. It takes about 15 minutes depending on how busy they are.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest