Smoking room - with a PIN?

Lady Cluck

Mouseketeer <br><font color="purple">Is married to
OK, (donning the asbestos underwear), flame away. After a having previous stay in a smoking optional room, has anyone ever received a postcard or PIN?

We have stayed on property twice before in smoking optional rooms, once at POFQ, and the last at the Poly. Both stays were very good experiences. We have never gotten a postcard or PIN.

I called a couple of weeks ago to add another day to our existing reservation for this fall. The CM seemed knowledgeable and pleasant enough. She went through all of the details, verifying the contact and room information. When she got to the part about requesting a smoking optional room for DH, her tone and attitude changed noticibly. It became quite clear what she thought of smokers. After confirming the changes, then told her I was not sure if I had received a post card and asked if she could check if there might be a PIN by my name. She became very short and answered simply, "No you do not have a PIN by your name. You would have gotten a post card if you did."

Abrupt, rude CM's seems to be a trend lately. It's enough to put me on the defensive while I'm still listening to hold music. I would not like to think it would make a difference, but my question is - Have you received a post card discount after having stayed in a smoking optional room? I don't smoke, and never have. DH has been smoking since he was a teenager. I don't necessarily like it, but that's his choice.

Just trying to make some sense of why some get post cards / PINs, while others do not. I would like to think that it is just random luck.

Smoking or not has nothing to do with it. Believe me, thousands and thousands of non-smokers have never gotten a postcard or email discount. I'm sure the criteria changes each time they do this. Who does what it is-luck of the draw.

I doubt smoking preference has anything to do with postcards.

CM shouldn't have been rude but prehaps the CM had a love one die of lung cancer?

CM's shouldn't be rude but some people have posted calling multiple times a day hoping to score some type of additional discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter