Smiles, Sand and Sunstroke!! A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime

:sad:Ach Feckless I'm so sad your report is over but I've loved every moment of it and will look forward to the next one:)
Nothing like a nice calm day with no drama to end a trip to disney!!:rotfl:

I have to say that the final pic is priceless! Thanks for sharing:thumbsup2

:sad1: What a great update, but so sad to see your trip end.

I can't believe the roller coaster of emotions you went on that day.

I think it is always good when kids get lost in a safe setting like you had, where all turns out for the best in the end. It is good to get a reminder that you have to use your brain and think things through to avoid getting lost in the future. I can only imagine how frustrating it was for you, dealing with the crowds and trying to reassure yourself that your kids are smart enough to take care of themselves. If I were in the same situation, my husband would have been going crazy too!

I remember losing my 4-year old son at the zoo once. We were in a pavillion and everyone was running around trying to find him, heading outside, looking all over the place. I just kept saying that there was no way he left the building. I knew he was smart enough to not go through any doors, but everyone wanted to look outside for him. Sure enough he was calmly sitting watching the penguins waiting for me to come get him. Such a relief once he was found.

I can't believe you almost forgot your passports. I would have been freaking out! :scared1:

I've never eaten in France, but your dessert report makes me want to give it a try. Mmmmm. So nice of you to send champagne to that couple. A great gesture that I'm sure was a highlight of their trip.

Thanks for sharing your vacation with us. Counting the days until you can bring us your 2014 trip report. :laughing:

I'm counting the days until my 2014 trip report too!!! LOL

I was hesitant to post about losing the kids - people online can be so judgmental! But I wanted to be truthful about our family's experiences in this report.

If you eat in France, DO NOT HAVE THE SHORT RIBS. Otherwise you will do fine! :rotfl:

Thanks for sharing! Enjoyed your report all the way through! Glad you didn't allow the little negativity at the end cloud your trip. Also, glad you remembered the passports in the nick of time!

Me too!!! I still can't believe that I did. We were sitting on the bus, and the driver was just getting in his seat, after making the announcement about what terminal we had to go to for each airline, and I just let my mind wander and it just popped into my head. I couldn't believe it! DH is so used to me handling all the passports that he never even thought to ask me.

:sad:Ach Feckless I'm so sad your report is over but I've loved every moment of it and will look forward to the next one:)
Nothing like a nice calm day with no drama to end a trip to disney!!:rotfl:

I have to say that the final pic is priceless! Thanks for sharing:thumbsup2

Yes, no issues on the last day, hey?! LOL And yes, my DS is certainly hilarious. LOL

Thanks for reading along, and your kind comments. :goodvibes

Such a GREAT trip report! I feel your sadness at it's end but I know with time another one will come and a pre-trip report can't be THAT far off eh?

My pre-trip report will be about a year away, I would say! Oh well, I'll have to suck it up. LOL I wish I was planning one right now! You enjoy your planning!

I loved your assessment of the dining plan. You really do need to understand how you and the family are going to use it. I'm sure this assessment will help others when considering what to do for future trips.

I hope so! This was the decision that we struggled with the most, and I was leaning towards getting the DDP. I went over my calculations with DH, and he felt that it wouldn't be worth it. He was right! Mark the calendar! :lmao:

You wouldn't be a parent with out the obligatory I've "lost" my children story. I know when I float around the parks at night taking pictures, that between all the hidden cameras (Night vision!), undercover security people and CM's and uniformed security people, the park is as well guarded as it possibly could be. I have had discussions with security and they have let me know that even though I may be in a deserted part of the park at night taking pictures they are watching over me to make sure ~ I ~ am safe. Security in my experience is awesome! Very caring and very patient and friendly!!

A while ago I read a post from a parent of a teen wondering if it would be OK to let her 14 year old off the leash and do some things on his own in the park. The resounding response was that even though Mom and Dad wouldn't have eyes on him Disney parks security would and to let him explore!

I think you handled the Fantasmic disaster perfectly and now everyone knows what to do the next time. My 13 year old recently learned he must carry his wallet and cell phone every time he leaves the house. He was driving me crazy so I had to lay down the law. Now it's automatic so I no longer have to worry about him if he should go off on some adventure. Gotta love those cell phones! Instant access....

Yes, DD tends to leave her phone, or not to respond to texts. Drives me insane, but at least IF she has her phone she can contact me if she needs me or is in trouble. She's heading into Junior High (middle school) in the fall so she needs to have more freedom. When I was her age I was babysitting a 4 and 8 year old for 2 days a week all summer! And DS is a sensible kid. I was dropping them off at the cinemas to save a space in the concession line a few months ago while I went to park the car, and as he was getting out, DS said, "When the man in the white van with the blacked out windows takes me to look for his lost puppy, when should I tell him to drop me back?" :laughing: I think he's sufficiently street proofed.

Well, here's to a great trip report and here is to the future. I know you have the Disney Blues but that next trip will be here before ya know it! ..... And here's to more Disney dreamin!!

~NM

Cheers!!!

Loved your report!!!

Sorry to see it ending, but you sure went out with a bang! OGMS, wonderful meal (well, desserts and isn't that what counts), lost kids and almost forgotten passports.

Sounds like you will have to have a do-over at Fantasmic where you won't have to worry about where the kids are!

Looking forward to you continuing to hang out on the FAQ board while you plan your next trip which I sincerely hope is sooner rather than later!

I totally want the Fantasmic do-over!! Tomorrow!!! :rotfl: Next time I will have a margarita on hand.

I will surely hang out on the FAQ board. I love it over there! And on occasion I can even help!

Just finished your TR - great job!

Sounds like you guys really had a magical stay.

Now the fun of planning the next one begins - that's the only cure for the post-Disney blues!!!

Just finished your TR - great job!

Sounds like you guys really had a magical stay.

Now the fun of planning the next one begins - that's the only cure for the post-Disney blues!!!

Thanks Robyn! :)

I agree that planning MUST start soon. I am totally feeling the pull to go back.

Thanks for reading!

Hi Feckless. Sorry that your trip report is over. It does sound like it was a trip of a lifetime though! That's very scary about your kids! Wow! As for us, we'd never let our kids ride on Tower of Terror alone! Heck no, my wife and I want to ride also! I see what you mean though about the safety you feel when you are at the resort. I think the most freedom I gave one of my kids is I let my eleven year boy walk back to the room that my wife was alone in from the Arcade... by himself, while I stayed at the arcade with my seven year old. I suppose we didn't give our kids quite enough of the freedom that you showed yours. Anyway, I'm very glad you had a great time. We are tentatively planning a trip in 2014 also but so far, my wife and kids are very smitten with the Yacht Club so I think that's where we go again. It was a trip of a lifetime for us also (despite oodles and oodles of rain.... but hey, who's complaining?!)

Home and all caught up now! :) I know the sadness you feel when a trip and trip report are over. I'm suffering from the trip part now. ;) We wanted to watch Fantasmic but by the time we got to the park for the 9 pm show it was standing room only and my feet weren't feeling the standing part. ;) I was too tired to stay for the 10:30 show so its back on the list for the next trip whenever that might be.

I'm glad you were able to enjoy MK one morning (by yourself)! ;) The last two years I and my best friend have made a trip to WDW in January or February without children/husbands. It's almost like going by yourself. :rotfl2: Don't get me wrong, I love my hubby and kids, but going by yourself is also awesome!!!!!!!!! I feel lucky that I get to do both and will look forward to whatever comes first.

Our DS got lost this trip also. He's 14 and capable of getting around or so we thought. He was ready to leave AK and we wanted to see Its Tough to be a Bug so we separated. After we were done with Bug, DS appears before our eyes. He got lost in AK, walked around the whole park one more time, and then waited for us to get out of Bug to go back to the room. :) He asked for help once and just decided to stay put outside Bug to go back with us. We decided after this trip it would be better for him (and us) if he was able to bring a friend next time unless his older brothers are joining in on the fun. He would have had more fun in the SAB pool etc. with someone his age. That's what happens when your children are 10 years apart. Oh well.

Looking forward to your next trip report!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter