Small/Toddler Sized Toilets at WDW??

jessiegirl1982

DIS Veteran
My 3 year old DD is potty trained, but deathly afraid of public toilets. Are there any small toilets in any of the Baby Care Centers at WDW like they have at DCA? Also, do the regular ones have sensors? Not sure why they have to be so loud, but my 7 year old still has issues with Disney toilets!

WDW parks are pretty big compared to DL/DCA. There is no way my newly-potty trained boy would make it back to the baby care center in time. Bring noice cancelling headphones and post it notes, and changes of clothes and hope for the best with the bathrooms.

Honestly, coming from someone who brought a child who had been potty trained for almost a year and was mostly fine in public restrooms to WDW and dealt with accidents and screaming and crying in the bathrooms all week, bring pull-ups. Maybe she'll surprise you but...getting peed all over and missing meeting Goofy because you're cleaning up a poop accident because the kid is trying to hold it because they're afraid of the bathrooms and it's just too overwhelming? It's just not worth it. We finally gave up and put her in a pull-up and everyone was happier (and she didn't regress or anything- she was completely fine once we were home). We did find one set of non-auto flushing toilets connected to the Sci-fi dine-in theater back in 2012 that saved our lives, but not sure if they're still manual flush.

My 3 year old DD is potty trained, but deathly afraid of public toilets. Are there any small toilets in any of the Baby Care Centers at WDW like they have at DCA? Also, do the regular ones have sensors? Not sure why they have to be so loud, but my 7 year old still has issues with Disney toilets!
the distance to Baby Care from most rides including kids ones can be a problem getting there in a hurry. not sure if Baby Center ones have been changed or not but all others in parks are sensor ones. even if you cover yours others in bathroom could still go off as someone else finishes. most of single bathrooms are really handicapped bathrooms and most do not have changing places and the person ahead of you could need more time than a normal stop not good if you are in a hurry. I had that happen to me as I am one of those that takes longer. mother who was after and waiting for me to finish kept banging on door saying hurry up my child can not wait much longer. and yes you know where this is heading I did not get out fast enough. child was standing in middle of puddle with mom blaming me cause she was now going to have to buy clothes for her child. not a good scene and they do not have small toilets in fact most have a higher handicapped toilet

Thanks all for your replies! I plan to just have her wear Pull Ups (even though she won't pee in them unless she totally loses control) so as to avoid changing clothes. I keep telling her if you want to see princesses you need to go to the loud potties, cover your ears, and use the travel potty seat. So hopefully it will all work out! I've been to WDW plenty of times, but not "I know all the short cuts to the nearest restroom" knowledge like I have with DL. Also, she only poops right before sleep, so that should be ok to do back at the townhouse (my son on the other hand, will probably have multiple poops all throughout the World :P). I'll plan to use the Baby Centers only if we are close because, yeah I've worked from home for the past year and am going to be hurting!! 😂

Thanks all for your replies! I plan to just have her wear Pull Ups (even though she won't pee in them unless she totally loses control) so as to avoid changing clothes. I keep telling her if you want to see princesses you need to go to the loud potties, cover your ears, and use the travel potty seat. So hopefully it will all work out! I've been to WDW plenty of times, but not "I know all the short cuts to the nearest restroom" knowledge like I have with DL. Also, she only poops right before sleep, so that should be ok to do back at the townhouse (my son on the other hand, will probably have multiple poops all throughout the World :P). I'll plan to use the Baby Centers only if we are close because, yeah I've worked from home for the past year and am going to be hurting!! 😂
not sure there are many short cuts to bathrooms like at Land. dumb question will you have a guy along or just you as your 7 year old may not be comfortable with going in ladies room. not trying to start anything but my now 7 year old grandson has refused for last couple of years to use ladies room in that to get him in you have to carry him kicking and screaming

not sure there are many short cuts to bathrooms like at Land. dumb question will you have a guy along or just you as your 7 year old may not be comfortable with going in ladies room. not trying to start anything but my now 7 year old grandson has refused for last couple of years to use ladies room in that to get him in you have to carry him kicking and screaming
Yes, my husband will be there. My son will go into the ladies if I have to take him, though (at Disney anyways). He/men are too afraid to go into a crowded men's room by himself.

Yes, my husband will be there. My son will go into the ladies if I have to take him, though (at Disney anyways). He/men are too afraid to go into a crowded men's room by himself.
as I say yours is the opposite of my grandson. you would have to carry him kicking and screaming in and most likely charge with child abuse for the way he would act. he would head into crowded mens room without thinking twice. lost him at a local park at age 5 when without telling us he headed to bathroom when he needed. took about 10 minutes to find him while he took care of his business. of course neither mother or I could check there and we were sure that was where he was. he was like that is what I do at school no big deal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter