Small event ideas for the 2019 DIS podcast week?

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by dkrauss, Sep 15, 2018.

1. GAN

GAN DIS Veteran

So you both are planning on attending? I’m on the fence but seriously considering. It would be great to see everyone again for sure.

2. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

Definitely hoping to!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. disneysteve

disneysteve DIS meet junkie

We will for sure. Not sure if DD will come or not but most likely. DW and I definitely. I already got my PTO approved. We’ll be down for 10-12 days depending on if we fly or drive.

5. k8Davies

k8Davies K8Davies

Oh had an idea for a small event :goodvibes remember when Ryno went pasta making in Disney Springs.

Know it closed for a while but I think they’ve started doing it again.

I think that would be kinda fun if they had the whole space just for Dissers.

dkrauss, SorcererHeidi and TheMaxRebo like this.
  6. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

something like that definitely could be fun

One thing we did a few years ago for the 10th anniversary of the unplugged show was that a group organized a scavenger hunt around property (it was largely around the monorail resorts). I am sure it was a huge undertaking for the folks that organized it but it was really fun!

For the 20th we (meaning board members) also organized "unofficial" events - examples were a bunch of us met up in AK to go to Pandora and then Rivers of Light, a bunch of us met for lunch at Homecomin' - stuff like that. That was fun too and good for people that went solo or just didn't know many people in person to meet them/put faces to names BEFORE the big party

7. dina444444

dina444444 DIS Veteran

Our AK EMH meet was fun

SorcererHeidi, GAN and disneysteve like this.
  8. disneysteve

It would have been even more fun if it hadn't been hotter than the sun that day. That's unfortunately one downside to the summer events. Of course, the upside is that a lot more people are able to attend since the kids (and teachers) aren't in school.

GAN, Alicenwonderment and TheMaxRebo like this.
  9. k8Davies

k8Davies K8Davies

As a pale pasty person I’m not looking forward to the August sun/heat.

So might need do the nighttime or indoor events :sunny:

But so glad they gave so much notice this time as I normally need about a years notice to plan a trip. It’s not getting the holiday time (as most UK jobs you get around 5 weeks paid holiday per year) it’s the cost and sorting out flights.

10. disneysteve

We've done Disney in August about 8 times. The best plan is to do rope drop and enjoy your morning, then head back to the resort for a shower and a break by 12 or 1, then return around dinner time.

11. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

It was a pretty great night! Finally met so many of you then.

Alicenwonderment, GAN and disneysteve like this.
  12. k8Davies

k8Davies K8Davies

That’s a Good plan, as I’ll definitely be up early enough as you know jet lag.

So if the team is reading this thread please keep events to early or late or if it is midday you’ll get a real live re-enactment of ‘The Wizard of Oz’ ‘I’m melting, I’m melting, what a world’ and scene :thumbsup2

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  13. dkrauss

dkrauss Goofy Fan from Jersey

Some of the resort quotes John teased on Tuesday sounded amazing. We're booked already but if the discounts offered by the DIS come in really good...….we'll be going with them for sure. Fingers crossed...:D

Doug :goofy:

OKW Lover likes this.
  14. bartleyosu

bartleyosu Ohio State Mouse Fan

I am so excited! I love Dis parties! Already booked my DVC! My favorite parts before was sipping with Julie and Corey at DS, trivia with Craig and Ryno, and Monorail side trip some of Disers took. Pandora all to ourselves- priceless!

15. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

Over the weekend we secured with my in-laws to watch our kids so my wife and I are set for a parents-only trip for the event - and these types of things are what I am most looking forward to being able to participate in!

We went to the 10th event with our kids and did some family friendly things, which were fun, but a bit limited. I went down solo for the 20th but only was there for like 48 hours so missed a lot of the smaller things - hoping to make a few this time!

disneysteve, dkrauss and rteetz like this.
  16. dkrauss

dkrauss Goofy Fan from Jersey

My wife and I just did a trip this past August.......to be honest it didn't seem any hotter than trips we've done in May or September. It was actually hotter back home in NJ the week after we got back o_O

When possible we took that good'ole afternoon break, in fact during our AK day we took that break in the Nomad Lounge 8-).......I even took a short nap :D. There are locations where you can escape the heat in all the parks but.......the mid-afternoon break is a sure fire way to control the heat (as much as it can be controlled).

Doug :goofy:

disneysteve and TheMaxRebo like this.
  17. NeuroCindy

NeuroCindy DIS Veteran

That day... Some of us did the world showcase twice with Ryno and Oliver, then met with Corey and Julie and did it a third time. :tiptoe:

disneysteve likes this.
  18. disneysteve

No wonder you were having so much trouble walking by the time you did it with us :drinking1. You were blaming your knee but now the truth comes out.

19. GAN

GAN DIS Veteran

Holy hangover!!!

SorcererHeidi likes this.