Small event ideas for the 2019 DIS podcast week?

Looking like we will be going sans kids so definitely looking forward to more of the "night time" activities than we were able to do for the 10th event when we had the kids with us

Our "kid" is now an adult so if she does join us, she'll be able to fully participate. Last time, we did the Drink Around the World and it was just over a month before she turned 21. She still had fun but didn't get to partake in any of the alcohol, not that she's much of a drinker anyway but it was kind of a bummer that she couldn't even taste anything.

So you both are planning on attending? I’m on the fence but seriously considering. It would be great to see everyone again for sure.

So you both are planning on attending? I’m on the fence but seriously considering. It would be great to see everyone again for sure.
We will for sure. Not sure if DD will come or not but most likely. DW and I definitely. I already got my PTO approved. We’ll be down for 10-12 days depending on if we fly or drive.

Oh had an idea for a small event :goodvibes remember when Ryno went pasta making in Disney Springs.

Know it closed for a while but I think they’ve started doing it again.

I think that would be kinda fun if they had the whole space just for Dissers.

Oh had an idea for a small event :goodvibes remember when Ryno went pasta making in Disney Springs.

Know it closed for a while but I think they’ve started doing it again.

I think that would be kinda fun if they had the whole space just for Dissers.

something like that definitely could be fun

One thing we did a few years ago for the 10th anniversary of the unplugged show was that a group organized a scavenger hunt around property (it was largely around the monorail resorts). I am sure it was a huge undertaking for the folks that organized it but it was really fun!

For the 20th we (meaning board members) also organized "unofficial" events - examples were a bunch of us met up in AK to go to Pandora and then Rivers of Light, a bunch of us met for lunch at Homecomin' - stuff like that. That was fun too and good for people that went solo or just didn't know many people in person to meet them/put faces to names BEFORE the big party

something like that definitely could be fun

One thing we did a few years ago for the 10th anniversary of the unplugged show was that a group organized a scavenger hunt around property (it was largely around the monorail resorts). I am sure it was a huge undertaking for the folks that organized it but it was really fun!

For the 20th we (meaning board members) also organized "unofficial" events - examples were a bunch of us met up in AK to go to Pandora and then Rivers of Light, a bunch of us met for lunch at Homecomin' - stuff like that. That was fun too and good for people that went solo or just didn't know many people in person to meet them/put faces to names BEFORE the big party
Our AK EMH meet was fun

It would have been even more fun if it hadn't been hotter than the sun that day. That's unfortunately one downside to the summer events. Of course, the upside is that a lot more people are able to attend since the kids (and teachers) aren't in school.

As a pale pasty person I’m not looking forward to the August sun/heat.

So might need do the nighttime or indoor events :sunny:

But so glad they gave so much notice this time as I normally need about a years notice to plan a trip. It’s not getting the holiday time (as most UK jobs you get around 5 weeks paid holiday per year) it’s the cost and sorting out flights.

We've done Disney in August about 8 times. The best plan is to do rope drop and enjoy your morning, then head back to the resort for a shower and a break by 12 or 1, then return around dinner time.

That’s a Good plan, as I’ll definitely be up early enough as you know jet lag.

So if the team is reading this thread please keep events to early or late or if it is midday you’ll get a real live re-enactment of ‘The Wizard of Oz’ ‘I’m melting, I’m melting, what a world’ and scene :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Some of the resort quotes John teased on Tuesday sounded amazing. We're booked already but if the discounts offered by the DIS come in really good...….we'll be going with them for sure. Fingers crossed...:D

Doug :goofy:

I am so excited! I love Dis parties! Already booked my DVC! My favorite parts before was sipping with Julie and Corey at DS, trivia with Craig and Ryno, and Monorail side trip some of Disers took. Pandora all to ourselves- priceless!

Over the weekend we secured with my in-laws to watch our kids so my wife and I are set for a parents-only trip for the event - and these types of things are what I am most looking forward to being able to participate in!

We went to the 10th event with our kids and did some family friendly things, which were fun, but a bit limited. I went down solo for the 20th but only was there for like 48 hours so missed a lot of the smaller things - hoping to make a few this time!

As a pale pasty person I’m not looking forward to the August sun/heat.

So might need do the nighttime or indoor events :sunny:

But so glad they gave so much notice this time as I normally need about a years notice to plan a trip. It’s not getting the holiday time (as most UK jobs you get around 5 weeks paid holiday per year) it’s the cost and sorting out flights.

My wife and I just did a trip this past August.......to be honest it didn't seem any hotter than trips we've done in May or September. It was actually hotter back home in NJ the week after we got back o_O

When possible we took that good'ole afternoon break, in fact during our AK day we took that break in the Nomad Lounge 8-).......I even took a short nap :D. There are locations where you can escape the heat in all the parks but.......the mid-afternoon break is a sure fire way to control the heat (as much as it can be controlled).

Doug :goofy:

I'm quite sure there will be at least one event that involves drinking with some of the team. Last time, there was a drink around the world in Epcot with Corey and Julie and another in Disney Springs.

That day... Some of us did the world showcase twice with Ryno and Oliver, then met with Corey and Julie and did it a third time. :tiptoe:

That day... Some of us did the world showcase twice with Ryno and Oliver, then met with Corey and Julie and did it a third time. :tiptoe:
No wonder you were having so much trouble walking by the time you did it with us :drinking1. You were blaming your knee but now the truth comes out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!