Small add on should I go direct?

Salf777

Mouseketeer
So I’m looking to add just 25 points at VGF. I have a resale contract I bought resale and just want a few more points. I have been scouring the resale sights and trying to find a small VGF with my use year is like a unicorn. Plus I recently saw a small VGF listed at $212 a point for a small contract. On a small 25 points I’m thinking over the life of the contract the extra few dollars is not worth the hassle of looking, bidding, etc. plus direct points get added more quickly don’t they?
open to any other suggestions as well

As much as it goes against my nature, I would buy direct if it were me. You'll probably never find it in resale. That is why I buy small contracts in the right UY as soon as I see them pop up.

However, if you are going to buy 25, why not 30 or 35 LOL? In all seriousness, closing should be about the same!

With your Sept UY, only 7% of points fall into that bucket for VGF. Finding a small Sept UY will be extremely challenging and may not be worth the hassle. Even if you find one for 25 points, its going to be very close to direct if its stripped.

I would just reach out and go direct.

100%. Personally, depending on resort, I think going up to 75ish points direct is worth not dealing with the hassle of resale. Especially now with resale prices being so overinflated. Like with SSR, if I wanted to buy 50 points and those contracts resale seem to be in the 130's. call it $130pp for round #. Direct is $165, has zero restrictions, will be deposited and ready for use immediately, and will have the 2020 points as well depending on use year. So for a diff of $1750 you don't have to worry about restriction, ROFR or anything? That's a no brainer in my eyes. In your case even if you found that unicorn contract for $200/pp it would be a $1375 difference. in my mind, not even a quetion, go direct get exactly what you want and move on. Why deal with the hassle? I just bought 75 points direct for the same reason. wasn't enough $$ difference to make it worth dealing with ROFR, waiting AT LEAST 3 months before you have your points, and then having to deal with the restrictions. Now obviously the math changes alot more with more points but in my analysis, 75ish points seems to be the cutoff where it doesn't make much sense to go resale, again depending on resort. BCV,POLY would be good examples of where even resale would be much better value than direct. But in most cases like BRV,SSR,OKW,RIV,BWV, and even AKL lately have all been too close IMO

Direct all the way for this one. Resale at $190 vs $255 direct is only about $1625 more.

You get current UY points for sure, can pay it with a Disney Visa and get 6 months free so you can put off paying, even if you have the funds, and get some rewards.

Even if you kept only 10 years, you spent less than $200 extra a year so you are not waiting!

As much as it goes against my nature, I would buy direct if it were me. You'll probably never find it in resale. That is why I buy small contracts in the right UY as soon as I see them pop up.

However, if you are going to buy 25, why not 30 or 35 LOL? In all seriousness, closing should be about the same!
That’s what I’m afraid of LOL it being so easy I’ll just add more than I need!

I also agree 100%, there is very little to gain buying resale and your points are loaded within just a few hours. Buy direct on this one for sure!! :)

For such a small contract, direct is the way to go. 25 points is pretty rare as is for any resort and then you want to match uy. If you only have resale contracts currently, it might be nice to have some unrestricted points in case you do want to stay at Riviera or any future built resorts.

For less than $50 pts, buy direct and get what you want. Hell, we are debating between 100 pt resale and 125 add on direct - if we should add on. But whenever I say "if" dozens of folks chime in saying "MB - it's only a matter of when and how - not if"....

We added 25 direct VGF in December. We have a March UY. We used the points to book a nicer stay for this December in VGF than we could have with the points we had.

We would still be looking for a resale with points, not stripped.

I just purchased direct for 60 pts. at VGF. I searched for over a year and could not find a small contract in my Sept. UY. And truthfully, the resale prices are so high for a small contract, I did not pay too much more going direct and keeping all the benefits and same UY. I even got 2020 points which I was able to bank.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter