Slowing down FastPass Counterfeiters

I once saw an auction that wasn't an auction....it was the person trying to let people know that something was a rip off. I wonder if making a listing under wdw fast pass then state that FP's are only good for the day they are printed. I noticed in that auction link they don't show the date, slimy booger!

He contributes "behind the scenes" info boxes that appear on various attractions throughout the book. Has done so since at least the 2005 edition.

I'll dig out my copy here in a while and check it out, I never noticed.

I'm in agreement that something needs to be done about the ebay scammers, but not because of any effect on lines in the park. I think they're taking advantage of people who don't know much about WDW and bilking them out of dollars better spent elsewhere in their vacation.

From reading several past threads on people using fastpasses after their return window expired (though same day), I have seen many credible arguments, with numbers to back them up, that show the number used late doesn't have a significant impact on standby wait times. I can't believe there's very many people running around the parks on any given day with ebay'd fastpasses. Certainly there are nowhere near as many holding ebay'd passes as there are those holding 'expired' same-day passes. If the late same-day users have little impact on wait times, the ebay buyers can't possibly have any effect at all. JMHO

I would not try to email the seller - they will have a way to contact you and someone selling fake fastpasses is probably not going to be too happy with you contacting them.

This is the information I got from Disney when I emailed and asked who to report things like this to:
email address (tips@disneyantipiracy.com) or Antipiracy voice mail hotline, 818-560-3300

Antipiracy Group, Corporate Legal
The Walt Disney Company
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, California 91521-0527

I have reported some to ebay in the past and nothing happened. When I reported them to Disney, the auction did end with a message that it was 'ended early'.

Thanks for this post! Good to know there's a way to put a stop to this practice!

Just reported my first one via the email address you listed!

Thanks for this post! Good to know there's a way to put a stop to this practice!

Just reported my first one via the email address you listed!

I applaud you for doing so, but rest assured, nothing will happen. Don't get me wrong - I think everyone should notify Disney and inspire them to get off their lazy collective butts and do something. It just won't happen.

I had to go look on ebay! Can't believe people fall for that. It's just unbelievable...

Of course, the sellers are "smart" (or dirty) enough to keep the potential buyer id's private-so that someone who comes along to try and warn these bidders that it's a scam can't.

Ok...are you saying that you CAN'T or you are not supposed to use your fastpass after your window, but on the same day? Like if your time was between 4:15-5:00 and you come back at 5:30? Are you saying you cannot do that? I have had numerous CM tell me we could "come late, but not early".

Everytime we get a FP and the CM is standing there, we ask and they always have said we could come back after the time if we needed.:confused3

Ok...are you saying that you CAN'T or you are not supposed to use your fastpass after your window, but on the same day? Like if your time was between 4:15-5:00 and you come back at 5:30? Are you saying you cannot do that? I have had numerous CM tell me we could "come late, but not early".

Everytime we get a FP and the CM is standing there, we ask and they always have said we could come back after the time if we needed.:confused3

I don't believe that's what the gist of this thread has been about. From numerous sources posting on this board in the past, however, my take is that it's Disney's training policy for CM's to allow late same-day returns. In general, Disney doesn't seem to mind. However, they do leave it up to the CM's discretion. So, if you're turned away while trying to use a late same-day fastpass, the guest has no grounds whatsoever to hassle the CM about it. 95% of the time, though, they'll let you use it. The main exception I hear about is on Soarin, but even there you'll be allowed to use it late much more often than not.

:rotfl: I just had myself a good laugh....

One bid was for 500 but it was for a white envelope... not the tickets... the fastpasses and "VIP pass" were extra bonuses.

Another thing made me laugh... you could use the VIP Pass at attractions with no fast pass lane and go through a special VIP entrance! I am sorry but this is not Universal Studios (Although I kinda like that perk there... the one in Hollywood sometimes needs it).

The comment about using a Fast pass from December 2007 still being used! Okay let me wip out my August 2006 ones.

I am sorry but Ebay has changed so much. Although lots of good has come of it. My mom has actually bought tons of Horse Gear and I movies that are hard to come buy at good prices. I am also looking tp start pin trading but am wary of buying through Ebay because of fakes. I am just going to convince DF to let me spend the money at the world!

I am not to sure about the accuracy of Jim Hill's post because he said that CM's are feeling the top for the perferations that shoud supposedly be there. I have a few fast passes left over from our most recent trip and they are crisp and clean on all four edges. The machines spit them out, you don't tear them off like prize tickets at a skee ball game. It makes me wonder if the poster who said Jim makes things up is right.:confused3

He contributes "behind the scenes" info boxes that appear on various attractions throughout the book. Has done so since at least the 2005 edition.

and the boxes are full of bad data

From the last version I bought

1. Voyage of the Little Mermaid would close because Disney won't have a Broadway Show and a Theme Park show based on the same movie (Also the reason he gave for Tarzan closing) SHH..... Don't tell the executives about Lion King or Beauty and the Beast. They haven't noticed (And the Headline on this GEM.. "HAVE I EVER BEEN WRONG, AT LEAST WHEN IT COUNTED" :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

2. COP is closing (an annual event for Jim) In that version we were going to get an Incredibles Themed roller coaster. (No telling what this year's version is?)

3. There were going to be Halloween Horror Nights at MGM. (This was two years ago. I guess only Jim got invited)

4. Journey Into Imagination would close in 2007 and re-open in 2008 with all new stuff (Did I miss something?)

5. Illuminations was getting a new ending for the 25th Anniversary of Epcot. (They did a one time event, but Jim wasn't talking about that)

4. Buzz Lightyear was being upgraded to have the interactive features that the CA version has

His other tidbits are useless info. The UG is HUGE, costs a lot and should be ashamed of including "Facts" like this in what is SUPPOSE to be guidebook, not a novel!

Its sad that theres always some guy trying to make a quick living off of others. And its even sadder that there are so called honest people buying these fakes knowing they are cheating the system. Im sure they feel its a harmless thing until they meet someone who lost thier money being ripped off by these crooks.

What is going on at WDW? First a thread on people scamming EMH wristbands and now fake FP? I must be extremely dense or something, I would never even think of such a thing............. What are these people teaching thier children? Scary.......even WDW isn't immune to the scammers of our society. What a shame!!!! "Get what you can out of it kids, it doesn't matter if you lie, cheat, steal, step on those going to wake Tink, stand in front of people that have waited 30 minutes in a spot for a parade, push those in front of you out of thet way when you want to see a character, steal whatever you want out of the stores because they won't confront you, use a mug from 7-11 at the beverage stations at the resorts. After all we PAID big money to be here today". Ugh! No wonder the news is so depressing every night.

OK, off my soapbox now. I love WDW, I just don't like some of the people visiting there. :upsidedow

His other tidbits are useless info. The UG is HUGE, costs a lot and should be ashamed of including "Facts" like this in what is SUPPOSE to be guidebook, not a novel!

Um. The UG is a guide book. The 2008 version is listed at $18.99 USD though the price varies by retailer. That's not a lot of money, particularly compared to the average cost of a Disney Trip. It's not a lot of money compared to other resources of its type and is one of the best sources of info, if not the best out there. It is huge but it is organized by topic so if you don't need hotel info and the like, you can skip that entire section. Or, you can thumb right to the resort you're interested in and it will give you what rooms have particular views.
As far as the tidbits themselves are concerned, in the version I have, the tidbits are boxed, labeled as to Jim Hill being the source, and are thus easily skipped. They also make up maybe 1% of the thing at most.

What is going on at WDW? First a thread on people scamming EMH wristbands and now fake FP? I must be extremely dense or something, I would never even think of such a thing............. What are these people teaching thier children? Scary.......even WDW isn't immune to the scammers of our society. What a shame!!!! "Get what you can out of it kids, it doesn't matter if you lie, cheat, steal, step on those going to wake Tink, stand in front of people that have waited 30 minutes in a spot for a parade, push those in front of you out of thet way when you want to see a character, steal whatever you want out of the stores because they won't confront you, use a mug from 7-11 at the beverage stations at the resorts. After all we PAID big money to be here today". Ugh! No wonder the news is so depressing every night.

OK, off my soapbox now. I love WDW, I just don't like some of the people visiting there. :upsidedow

Pretty bad behavior on the part of people these days. Sad that these days, you can't trust anyone because so many are out to put one over on someone else.

I am not to sure about the accuracy of Jim Hill's post because he said that CM's are feeling the top for the perferations that shoud supposedly be there. I have a few fast passes left over from our most recent trip and they are crisp and clean on all four edges. The machines spit them out, you don't tear them off like prize tickets at a skee ball game. It makes me wonder if the poster who said Jim makes things up is right.:confused3

I just checked some that I had thrown in an old fanny pack and they are smooth as well. :confused3

:rotfl: I just had myself a good laugh....

One bid was for 500 but it was for a white envelope... not the tickets... the fastpasses and "VIP pass" were extra bonuses.

Another thing made me laugh... you could use the VIP Pass at attractions with no fast pass lane and go through a special VIP entrance! I am sorry but this is not Universal Studios (Although I kinda like that perk there... the one in Hollywood sometimes needs it).

The comment about using a Fast pass from December 2007 still being used! Okay let me wip out my August 2006 ones.

I am sorry but Ebay has changed so much. Although lots of good has come of it. My mom has actually bought tons of Horse Gear and I movies that are hard to come buy at good prices. I am also looking tp start pin trading but am wary of buying through Ebay because of fakes. I am just going to convince DF to let me spend the money at the world!

Unfortunatly, This auction is legit in ebay's eyes because it clearly states that up for auction is a white envelope. Having the fast passes as a free bonus allows this auction to remain. The seller also clearly states that these fast passes probably won't work.
I know that ebay is pretty strict about there sellers. My ex-sister-in-law was banned from ebay for selling fake North Face jackets. (she believed they were real even though she was getting them from Hong Kong for less than $20 bucks each)
Anyway, it is crazy that this happens, it's even crazier that there are bids on these auctions.

What is going on at WDW? First a thread on people scamming EMH wristbands and now fake FP?

Where is that thread? I just read the article off the dis homepage about guests having to show resort ids for emh evening for a few days this month - I bet that is why.

About a year ago, we had our resort id's scanned to get our wristbands at ak emh - said it was research of course!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter