slo’s WEDNESDAY 8/17 poll - Times Square

Times Square - Have you been? Do you want to go? Did you enjoy your visit? (M.C.)

• I have been to Times Square once

Votes: 34 24.6%
  • I have been to Times Square more than once

Votes: 67 48.6%
  • I enjoyed my visit(s)

Votes: 56 40.6%
  • I did not enjoy my visit(s)

Votes: 16 11.6%
  • I have not been to Times Square - I want to visit there

Votes: 12 8.7%
  • I have not been to Times Square - I’m indifferent about visiting there

Votes: 9 6.5%
  • I have not been to Times Square - I have no desire to visit there

Votes: 17 12.3%
  • What is Times Square?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
I love NY Pizza- I went to Chicago and after hearing the raving about chicago pizza I tried it- OMG it was disgusting- it was more like a casserole than pizza!

I used to go to the city all the time just to walk around for a day or see shows but haven't been since before covid times and with the way it is now I have no desire to go back anytime soon- disgusting everywhere and crime through the roof!
Don't get me wrong, the pizza was FANTASTIC! It's just that my expectation was far higher because the mall pizza shops are also fantastic. I expected even better than mall pizza.

My youngest wanted to go to the city after graduation. Unfortunately I am of the wrong persuasion to go to NY now, or was then. The 18 shot and booster status or whatever it's up to kept me from going.

Don't get me wrong, the pizza was FANTASTIC! It's just that my expectation was far higher because the mall pizza shops are also fantastic. I expected even better than mall pizza.

My youngest wanted to go to the city after graduation. Unfortunately I am of the wrong persuasion to go to NY now, or was then. The 18 shot and booster status or whatever it's up to kept me from going.

My daughter went after her prom and they have a group pic of the girls in their prom dresses and boys in their tuxes in times square

Never been. No desire to go. My experience with New York State is limited to changing planes once at JFK and that was back in 1976.

Have been to Times Square on NYE! Crazy busy. We were with two other couples. We went to Plaza Hotel for dinner and then went to TS. After the ball went down, and the crowd was dispersing we were lucky to be in the part of the crowd heading to the Port Authority. There was no way we could go in any other direction. We made it back to the Trenton NJ area! This was NYE 1969.

I grew up in north Jersey and have been there many times. Have been to many Broadway shows. I don’t particularly LIKE NYC or Times Square, but there’s so much history and things to do there.

Our DCL TA cruise docked in NYC overnight one year ( bad weather made us miss two stops in Canada) and we finally made it to the 9/11 Memorial as well as where George Washington was inaugurated!

I do enjoy the boat tours around the city. Macy’s had the best Easter Flower displays, don’t know if they still do.

Last edited:
I've been to Times Square more times than I can count. I never took pictures before my last 2 trips into the city. It just never occurred to me to take pictures.

I went in March with my girl friends to a show. That's typically the driving force behind me going there. We did touristy things before the show and took pictures. I went again in June with my next door neighbors and their sister/SIL who was here from India That was SO much fun. We stayed overnight and I got to see the city through her eyes and that of a 7 yo. The 7 yo got his caricature drawn as Spiderman and one of the NYC cops gave him a NYPD patch when he asked if he could get his picture with him. We did the whole rickshaw through Central Park and walked and walked and walked. We also saw Aladdin. It was the first show any of them had seen. It was worth every penny of our tickets. The Genie made the show. I can't tell you how many photos we all took. My friend went back to India thrilled to have seen/done all that we did.

I may go into the city this fall with them again for the day to visit the Natural History Museum. The 7yo wants to do that and I promised we could do that when the weather was cooler.

I LIVE near Times Square. :love: Also known as Hell's Kitchen, the Theatre District, Midtown West, Clinton (no, not named after that Clinton.) I've stated so many times on the DIS. I LOVE living here.

Moved in during the era the Charles Bronson Death Wish movies were based on, when Hell's Kitchen was a nasty, dangerous place to live and landlords were almost giving apartments away. Since then, the area has been built up, is gentrified, and my landlord hates all of us who have a rent controlled apartment. :duck: :teeth:

Too many times to count. Many of layovers in Manhattan with work, and I have visited for on my own time and dime too. Last visit has been a while, 2018. I love NYC, no other city like it!

We have been 4 trips to NYC. Seeing broadway shows and our favorite Christmas show the Christmas Spectacular featuring the Rockettes.

last trip Christmas of 2019.

1660772528919.jpeg

Went with my sister and my roommate on a visit in 2000. It was great, very crowded and fast-paced but very exciting. Would love to go back.

Will this change anybody’s mind?

BB8FB2F8-384C-42E1-A047-6E2879B308F4.jpeg

ADE6992C-7671-4F36-96FD-798B26AE7F0D.jpeg

3CE8201C-DB5E-40AB-A951-4C73CEE22DB7.jpeg

Attachments

• EB7F7EA9-E687-429A-BC9B-2314A4BD60DA.jpeg
    EB7F7EA9-E687-429A-BC9B-2314A4BD60DA.jpeg
    111.2 KB · Views: 1
So... everyone is commenting on NYC in general and not specifically Time's Square as laid out in the question?

Times Square is just a massive tourist trap with chain restaurants and lousy stores you would see at a suburban mall. Meh.
Every city has them. I hated San Francisco and the food there wasn't that good.
Where did you go?
Bubba Gump's Pier 39......

1660839507412.png

Heck. Even Pigeon Forge has chain restaurant and lousy chain store tourist trap stuff now.

Been there many times. Live on Long Island and use to commute to NYC. Only drawback these days to it is all the people in costumes all over the place trying to get you to take pictures with them for a fee.

So... everyone is commenting on NYC in general and not specifically Time's Square as laid out in the question?

That is because Times Square is a complete joke and if you think Times Square is NYC you are missing the point.

Been there many times. Live on Long Island and use to commute to NYC. Only drawback these days to it is all the people in costumes all over the place trying to get you to take pictures with them for a fee.

I think those costume people could make more money by starting their own YouTube channel and go around and annoying the other costume people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter