slo’s TUESDAY 10/4 poll - Chips & Salsa (The Chips)

Which chips for chips & salsa - yellow/round corn chips or tortilla chips?

• Yellow corn chips only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tortilla chips only

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Mostly corn chips, but buy tortilla chips sometimes too

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Mostly tortilla chips, but will buy corn chips too

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • I buy both 50 / 50

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • I don’t buy either very often

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • I only have chips & salsa in a restaurant

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • I eat whatever the person I live with buys

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t eat chips & salsa anywhere

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 5 7.2%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
When you have chips & salsa at home, do you prefer round & yellow corn chips or do you prefer lighter tortilla chips?

For Me……95% of the time I prefer the lighter tortilla chips. They do break easier than the round corn chips, but that‘s ok with me. I will say what I don’t like, it’s the lime flavored tortilla chips, but that can be a poll topic for another day - LOL!

*Inspiration for today’s poll……Me buying the yellow corn chips to eat with a meal yesterday. The meal is a chicken tortilla casserole that I crush corn chips for the top and the remainder of the chips we use for chips & salsa - this is the only time we have yellow corn chips with salsa.

*Below picture ⬇️ I took yesterday - we have an open bag of tortilla chips too.

AEC13811-A4F3-439D-9F42-2AAE245F293B.jpeg

Yum! Chips & Salsa - had some yesterday ❤️❤️❤️ I like just about any kind of chip and love the Lime chips !! My go to chips are Doritos but I buy big bags of corn chips from Costco they are delicious and I believe it’s a 50 ton bag it last forever !! Those chips I use for loose meat nachos / chicken dishes etc - not my chips & salsa unless they are the only chips in the house

Since SLO makes such awesome meals I suggest we all eat at her house !! Your dinners always sound so tasty !!! I’ll wash the dishes !!! 👍

My absolute favorite chip are the yellow corn ones. But, if I buy them, I will eat the entire bag...no joke.

So, I buy whatever is on sale and hope my willpower holds out. Is there really any wrong way to have chips and salsa? One of my simple pleasures!

I get Tostitos Blue Corn chips. I will do salsa, but lately I've been using hummus to dip them in. Yum-diggity-do!

I voted "I don't buy either very often". I don't like Mexican food so this isn't a preferred snack at our house. When I do buy them it's usually the Tostitos multi-grain wedge shaped ones; they're thin and crispy and nice. If I'm doing a snack spread I'll go for the tri-coloured ones because they look nice on the buffet table.

Only Freetos here. I also learned recently that DH doesn’t like the thicker, Scoops, Freetos, so I won’t buy those again.

I buy whatever brand I like that is on sale lol. Big fan of the "Tortiyahs" cantina style (which are yellow corn) lately...they already have a little seasoning on them, so they taste even better with salsa/dips.

All the chips. Seriously. I buy them all. I really love late July thin tortilla chips though. They are my favorite buy my husband likes Juanita’s the best. And all 4 kids have a different favorite. So we just buy all the kinds. 😂

We do the multi-grain scoops when I can find them—seem to go on sale a lot and I am too late. I also like the Costco organic ones.

I don't believe the triangle style of chips are anything different. They are not flour tortillas fried into a chip. They are corn as well. Just a different shape and usually thinner than the round ones.

I'm more particular about my salsa or cheese than the chip. I will eat any of the chips and have never eaten one made from flour tortilla.

All the chips. Seriously. I buy them all. I really love late July thin tortilla chips though. They are my favorite buy my husband likes Juanita’s the best. And all 4 kids have a different favorite. So we just buy all the kinds. 😂
You're the 2nd one I see mention "late July". Confused, what are late July chips? I get chips any time. Understood if you're talking something home made or else not mass produced and only get made in July? EDIT: Oh, I see now, it's a brand name.

Tortilla chips, but mostly I make my own, partly because they're better, and partly as a diet strategy. On the bright side, they're hot-- I love hot chips with cold salsa. If we do buy, we get Juanitas brand, but for the most part, we try to keep prepackaged chips out of the house (because my husband and I will devour them in a day or less).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter