• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s Thursday 8/11 poll - Chicken Pot Pie

Chicken Pot Pie - Do you like it and from where? (M.C.)

• I like it

Votes: 63 65.6%
  • I’ll eat it, but would never choose it

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • I don’t like it

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • I like my own (homemade)

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • I like someone else’s (homemade) (please post who)

Votes: 10 10.4%
  • I like it at a restaurant

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I like it from the frozen food aisle at the grocery store (please post what brand)

Votes: 31 32.3%
  • I don’t eat this - I’m a vegetarian

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I’ve never had chicken pot pie

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
I love chicken pot pie, especially the Marie Callendar ones with the very flaky crusts. Unfortunately all pot pies are way too salty, so I can't eat them anymore. :sad1: They are too much work to make homemade. If there is a low sodium, store bought one, I'd be all over it in a heartbeat. :love:

And here I thought I was the only one that was sensitive to saltiness. I can't eat Marie Callendar's anything. I start eating it and the saltiness is so apparent to me, I can't stand it. I'm also usually a lover of ANYTHING Costco, so their fresh chicken pot pie calls to me, but I have the same issue with them regarding the salt. Yet, I have no problem with the ones at the PoP Pie Co. in San Diego or the ones my coworker makes me. Go figure.

I don’t like pie crust, so I’d eat the filling of the pot pie and leave the crust. So it’s not something I’d order or make at home. I do make a fake chicken pot pie though. It’s a creamy filling with chicken and veggies topped by bisquick drop biscuits. It’s yummy!

I don’t like pie crust, so I’d eat the filling of the pot pie and leave the crust. So it’s not something I’d order or make at home. I do make a fake chicken pot pie though. It’s a creamy filling with chicken and veggies topped by bisquick drop biscuits. It’s yummy!

We used to make something very similar, except for the Bisquick drop biscuits we would just make a big slab of Bisquick in a baking dish and cut it in the squares and pour the chicken veggies and gravy over top of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter