• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s Thursday 8/11 poll - Chicken Pot Pie

Chicken Pot Pie - Do you like it and from where? (M.C.)

• I like it

Votes: 63 65.6%
  • I’ll eat it, but would never choose it

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • I don’t like it

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • I like my own (homemade)

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • I like someone else’s (homemade) (please post who)

Votes: 10 10.4%
  • I like it at a restaurant

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I like it from the frozen food aisle at the grocery store (please post what brand)

Votes: 31 32.3%
  • I don’t eat this - I’m a vegetarian

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I’ve never had chicken pot pie

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
We like it! I'll make it once in a while, but usually I either pick up a Zook's brand one or get them from a local place that makes a variety of pot pies and sells them at our local farmers market. Her crust is phenomenal!

I like it, though I haven't had one in ages. Marie Callender’s is a good brand. Speaking of frozen savory pies, ages ago I found some Australian meat pies that were the wallaby's pajamas.

Last edited:

kfc makes a great one which now that i have a convection microwave i can reheat in the original container :cheer2: :cheer2: marie calendars are good but not as good as in previous years. i tried to make it once but my family kept taking samples of the filling so we now periodically have what we call 'chicken pot pie soup'-which is a bit more liquid version of the filling served with biscuits. dh likes the costco one so i do get them in the winter but they tend to be too dry for my taste.

I love homemade chicken pot pie and like the Marie Callender frozen (but I picked the chicken out as I don't like frozen cooked chicken). I try to eat low carb so I don't eat it amy more. 😢

I love chicken (and turkey) pot pies, but they’re my guilty pleasure. Ate them often as a child. The frozen ones are fine, I suppose Marie Callender’s are the best, but Stouffer’s, Swanson’s and Banquet are all good too. There’s a local Irish pub and restaurant that makes really good ones. I’ve never made them at home, but should try it some day.

We really like the Costco one, enough for a number of meals, at least 2, for the two of us. It's huge. As with almost anything Costco, it's great. We also like the Boston Market one, especially when it is a $5 special. Very good also.

Had a lot of them for lunch when a kid back in the 50's. Like TV dinners, I think they were a new thing back then, when many new frozen items were starting to come out. Banquet and Swanson's back then.

We really like the Costco one, enough for a number of meals, at least 2, for the two of us. It's huge. As with almost anything Costco, it's great. We also like the Boston Market one, especially when it is a $5 special. Very good also.

Had a lot of them for lunch when a kid back in the 50's. Like TV dinners, I think they were a new thing back then, when many new frozen items were starting to come out. Banquet and Swanson's back then.

we end up freezing allot of the costco (1/4 of the entire thing sized pieces) to defrost and reheat later. i LOVE the boston market (wish we still lived near one). i tried one of their frozen recently and it was VERY good (for us-comparable to marie calendars at a lower price point).

I like the little individual frozen ones, oddly I don't like home made or restaurant ones. I'm sure it's some left over deal from my youth when Mama would keep a freezer full of them for us to have as a snack when we got home from school (pre microwave so you had to do them in the oven). I dig a hole in the middle and eat all the inside then try to peel the sides and bottom off into one piece and eat that.

Have always loved pot pies. I wish they made just veggie ones - when I pop one in for my family, I always stare at it longingly.
I suppose I could make one from scratch, but pot pie has always been a quick meal for us, so I never think of it when I have the time..

My family used to eat the little Banquet ones. I decided to make my own. I don't make my own crust; homemade pie crust defeats me every time. I buy the Pillsbury pie crusts that are ready to be rolled out, and then I fill it with diced chicken, mixed vegetables, and a couple of cans of cream-of-chicken soup. Pop on the top crust, score it, and bake. Now they won't eat the Banquet ones.

My family used to eat the little Banquet ones. I decided to make my own. I don't make my own crust; homemade pie crust defeats me every time. I buy the Pillsbury pie crusts that are ready to be rolled out, and then I fill it with diced chicken, mixed vegetables, and a couple of cans of cream-of-chicken soup. Pop on the top crust, score it, and bake. Now they won't eat the Banquet ones.
We have done this! I like it but the kids didn't much so haven't made it in awhile. For sure will try it again this winter.

I like it a lot!!

I make a Chicken casserole with stuffing topping that’s my version as well as liking it in restaurants and from a store. The store brand is Mrs. Budds. The price has gone up a lot, the price was $9.99 when DH looked for me earlier this week. I did usually buy it on sale, $6.99 probably. Have to look for the sales now.

I have been very disappointed with ones from Harry and David’s. A lot of money for hardly any chicken.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter