• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s Thursday 8/11 poll - Chicken Pot Pie

Chicken Pot Pie - Do you like it and from where? (M.C.)

• I like it

Votes: 63 65.6%
  • I’ll eat it, but would never choose it

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • I don’t like it

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • I like my own (homemade)

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • I like someone else’s (homemade) (please post who)

Votes: 10 10.4%
  • I like it at a restaurant

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I like it from the frozen food aisle at the grocery store (please post what brand)

Votes: 31 32.3%
  • I don’t eat this - I’m a vegetarian

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I’ve never had chicken pot pie

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
What’s your opinion of Chicken Pot Pie?
If yes…..where do you like it from?
(multiple choice)

For Me…..I love it!!
In order of most to less from where I enjoy it….
My kitchen when I make it
Restaurant
Frozen (Marie Callender’s)

*Inspiration for today’s poll is me making this for dinner tonight.
I’m making all of DD18’s favorite meals before she leaves for college next Friday the 19th.
37031C5E-3C83-485E-98A2-80DEB45A7764.png

I made it at home once - didn’t like it
I’d never order it at a restaurant. It just doesn’t appeal to me.
But I do like the Kirkland brand from Costco. I’ll pick one up once or twice a year.

I love it. My coworker makes it and usually will bring me a small one in for lunch. BUT, I was thrilled to see a restaurant solely for Pot Pies when I visited my son in San Diego. It's a smaller chain called Pop Pie Company (https://www.poppieco.com/) and I just loved the place. I would eat there once a week if I lived there (and probably gain 10 lbs).

I have never had a whole piece. Just a bite. (My son used to work at a grocery store and he liked the chicken pot pies from their prepared foods section. Sometimes he would bring one home after his shift.) I didn't care for it. I can't really wrap my head around savory pie.

p.s. My daughter leaves Monday for college. I feel your pain. I'm not ready.

Pot Pies are one of the more perfect foods. All of the food groups are included except perhaps for dairy. Like all pies it is the crust that makes the difference and many frozen varieties have a mediocre crust. Having a proper pot pie with a thick buttery crust browned to perfection is a blissful experience.

I love it but just my own - make it often - family likes it - it’s more fall winter meal
So sweet your making all her favorite meals ❤️❤️
This entire month I’ve and will be until she leaves be making her favorites - we’ve and will be eating a lot of pasta meals - she loves her noodles - carbs carbs and more carbs :lmao:
I have never had a whole piece. Just a bite. (My son used to work at a grocery store and he liked the chicken pot pies from their prepared foods section. Sometimes he would bring one home after his shift.) I didn't care for it. I can't really wrap my head around savory pie.

p.s. My daughter leaves Monday for college. I feel your pain. I'm not ready.
I’m totally not emotionally ready too :sad:
I am ready to get Bed Bath & Beyond out of my living room though :rotfl:
So
Much
Stuff!!:faint:
I really enjoy pot pie, but it needs to have a top and bottom crust.
I 100% agree with this ::yes::

I hear you on BB&B taking over the living room!

And I love pot pie! I voted my own, someone else's (my mom's when I was a kid) and frozen ones.

I think the last one I bought was a Mrs. Budd's maybe? (DS never liked it, and DH has to watch carbs now, so I haven't bought one in ages.)

No boughten ones for me and I’d never order it at a restaurant. I always find the filling too thin and bland. We eat it at home once in a while but with a biscuit topping instead of crust. Same recipe (basically) that I use for chicken and dumplings except that dish is simmered/steamed on the stovetop instead of baked. We just had it last night because the ingredients were on-hand but honestly it was too heavy a meal for such a hot day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter