slo’s FRIDAY 5/24 poll - Magazine Subscriptions 📖

Magazine Subscriptions In Your Mailbox - Do you pay for any & how many? (m.c.)

• Yes - I pay for PRINTED & MAILED magazine subscriptions

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • No - I do not pay for PRINTED & MAILED magazine subscriptions

Votes: 61 70.9%

Votes: 10 11.6%

Votes: 7 8.1%

Votes: 4 4.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.2%

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 7 or more

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other - Please post your answer

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters
Boring mail here too, no subscriptions. I went away for 3 weeks and not one piece of worthwhile mail when I got back.

No magazine subscriptions anymore. In my home library, I have stacks of Taste of Home, Southern Living, National Geographic, and Shape magazines from years past. Add that to on-line billing, and yes... mail is pretty boring.

I like some print things but I pay as I go and pick them up at the stores now, they can even be tough to find so I tend to make it a point to stop off at a B&N. Subscriptions are just so crazy expensive now and there is no value there for me as I end up overwhelmed with volume and get annoyed. Newspapers too, they are too expensive and quality is so far down so no value.

Zero paid subscriptions. We get a couple of magazines that someone else bought as a gift or was a freebie when they paid for their subscription. Most are too repetitive regardless of the subject and just have the same articles over and over. There are so many free places online to get things like recipes, I don't see the point in paying for a magazine that might have 1-2 recipes you like each month.

20 years ago, I got about 5 a month, reader's digest, good housing , women's day, family circle, money magazine. I would save the Christmas issues for all the really cute ideas that I was never going to do.

Sometime along the way I dropped a few and got handyman magazine. Never built anything, but learn lots of tips with fixing little things.

Now my big thrill is BJs coupon book which you don't need, since you can get them online.

Does the AAA Via magazine count? That is the only one I get and I rarely read it.

When I was on my vacation last week, I didn't put a mail hold and after being gone for 5 days came back to THREE pieces of mail, all junk.

For the ones I pay for I get TV Guide, one for my city, and a few Disney related WDW, and Celebrations. Then some come as part of a charity I give to or group I belong to.

I think we only paid purposefully for the magazine for Readers Digest (from some kids selling magazines). But we also get AAA, AARP, Mensa, and a public television one as side-benefits to other memberships.

So my vote is either 1 or 5, depending on how we're supposed to count it.

All my magazine subscriptions are now online only. Not interested in buying new bookcases to store them.

In this house, we have subscriptions to Taste of Home, Southern Living, Food&Wine, Bon Appetit, Ranger Rick, Highlights, and Real Simple. There might be one more cooking magazine that I'm forgetting.

Currently getting 3, but those as part of memberships, AAA, AARP and NHRA. In the past, I used to get maybe 4 or 5, Time, US News, etc. I also have 2 daily and 1 weekly newspaper subscriptions .

When I was growing up as a kid, 50's and 60's, my dad used to get, literally, maybe 30 magazines a month, plus 4 papers a day. We had magazines and magazines, papers and papers. And I read most of them. I loved reading them, learning.

1716570607194.png

I put 3 but it could be more. They are magazines for my dh. Running, sports and car magazines. We had more but cut down. Many years ago I looked forward to People magazine but I just read it online now.

I used to LOVE reading magazines. I had a few I'd get every month. But they've gotten so expensive, I just no longer feel they are worth it. But it used to be a favorite pasttime.

I used to LOVE reading magazines. I had a few I'd get every month. But they've gotten so expensive, I just no longer feel they are worth it. But it used to be a favorite pasttime.
Yeah the cost was definitely a factor for me as well. I realized that certain magazine topics only held long term interest for specific times of the year (cooking mags for Nov thru Jan; fashion issues for Aug, etc) and there was no reason to pay or store the others.

Oh and the ones I gobbled up every issue (pretty much anything Taunton Press printed) and wanted to read over and over went out of business 😔.

I look forward to my Archaeology magazine and Discover magazine.
I do get some (People, Smithsonian, and assorted others) as hand-me-downs from my sister when she is done reading them. I also get a few AAA Via, AARP, that keep showing up.

No paid subs here, we get the usual Costco, AARP, stuff from the city and county. As DVC, AP, and Disney Visa holders we get Disney stuff regularly.:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter