slo’s FRIDAY 2/23 poll - Energy Drinks

Energy Drinks - Do you drink them (doesn’t include coffee or tea) & how often? (m.c.)

• Yes - I currently drink them

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • No - I do not currently drink them, but I used to in the past

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • No - I have never drank them

Votes: 104 84.6%
  • I drink them every day

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I drink them every week - please post how often

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I drink them multiple times a month - please post how often

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I drink them off and on throughout the year

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 8 6.5%

• Total voters
I only drink coffee or tea on a daily basis. I've had a Redbull or Monster at some point but was never a regular basis besides some shots at the bar.

I don't like them. I think they are very unhealthy - maybe the ocassional one would be okay, but all of the people I know that do drink them, drink them a lot. I do like drinks like Gatorade or Powerade, but also those are best for when you are actually sweating and dehydrated - hence why they are "sports drinks." I really only ever have one when at Disney anyway and definitely clocking in some miles.

I occasionally have to work night shifts for my job (meet around midnight, allowed access to our site around 2 am, and get home around 5 am) and I don't normally drink coffee, so I'll usually drink an energy drink before my shift to make sure I can keep awake and drive home safely

I’ve never drank them but my DH drinks Monsters all the time. I’m always trying to get him to stop. My teen daughter likes Monsters too but I limit her to one a month. I don’t get it, they taste terrible and they don’t seem to give them any energy.

Never had one and never really had the desire to drink any. I drink decaf coffee and decaf green tea. I’ve always been a high energy person and any caffeine would make me really jittery.

I’ve had them, but most of the canned ones make me too jittery and they’re expensive. DD17 drinks Alani. She had been getting her morning kick from coffee, but this is easier. I’ve recently started with this Kroger brand powdered one. It’s cheap and easy. I pour one packet into a water filled 40oz Stanley and I’m good for hours.IMG_1386.jpeg

I chose other because I have had a few different ones in the pas but t I have never purchased one. They are often the freebie of the week at two grocery store I have reward memberships at. Overall I limit my caffeine due to medical issues that can be triggered by caffeine. The only caffeinated beverage I consume on occasion now is Dr. Pepper. If I could find caffeine free Dr Pepper I’d buy that for my fix.

We once had an emergency, overnight driving trip to take. This was after having worked a full day. I didn't want to get sleepy, so I got one of those energy drinks.

Horrible mistake! It gave me a terrible, splitting headache. I'll never touch one of those noxious drinks again.

No, but I do have coffee - usually decaf in the morning (because I just need the ritual then, not the caffeine) and a regular cup around noon, because I have kind of a delayed reaction to it and keeps me from being sleepy in the late afternoon when I need to be cooking dinner. :rotfl:

The canned energy drinks kind of scare me.

Last edited:
Never had an energy drink or drank coffee and the only time I ever drank tea was years ago when I downed a bunch of super sweet iced tea to help with the headache that comes with having a spinal tap but I do drink way too much Diet Pepsi…

Most have artificial sweeteners which I cannot have without getting sick, plus my heart would hate me so I avoid them at all costs. I had a sip of a red bull once and it tasted like metal and baby aspirin to me so I'm all set lol

I like them. I don’t drink them regularly but always try to have one on hand in case I want them. Personally, I love the taste.

I am very sensitive to caffeine, to the point that I cannot drink a caffeinated beverage after around ten in the morning if I want to sleep that night. A cup of tea or a glass of cola with breakfast is all I need. I would be afraid of how my system might react to the amount of caffeine in an energy drink.

Never had one. I do admit to taking caffeine pills as a student working too many hours on top of school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter