Slide Mount Swap Complete!!!!!

LOVEMY3KIDDOS

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone!!
It sign up time for the Slide Mount Swap!! This is the first swap I will be hostessing, so please bear with me!! I am going to be guided by the awesome Princess Nancy!! :worship::worship: The sign-ups will open on Monday, September 27 at 9:00 am.

I will leave it up to each individual if they want to adhere paper and alter pre-made slide mounts or if they want to use their Sizzix slide mount (or another brand) dies. There are sometimes I like the thicker ones and there are sometimes I like the thinner ones. It’s totally up to the swapper. Please remember to embellish!!! This is a lot of fun and an easy swap! The members last time had a great time and they turned out great!!!

For ideas on how this went last round, please look at the photos of the previous slide mount swaps.

Due date is October 29 (that is when I need to receive your package). Please mail packages out by October 25. I will be mailing them back out on November 1.

The "rules" –
1. Choose a group. There will be a variety of groups to choose from. Groups will include holidays, birthday, seasons and Disney groups. I will open others based on interest.

2. Choose your spot – Make 2 slide mounts for each person. The actual numbers will be posted when sign ups close on Saturday (10/2). There will be a variety based on interest and the amount of spots in each different group.

3. After sign-ups are closed, PM me with your DIS name, name, home address, email address, and phone numbers. Email and phone numbers will only be used to follow up if I have not heard from you.

4. After sign-up are closed, this will be changed to a progress thread. Check-ins will be 10/5 (PM's sent), 10/15 (last call for angels) 10/21 and 10/25 (mail).

5. Check the progress thread for your status - it will be updated with ship info and received info.

6. Packing Instructions – PLEASE use a separate baggie for each person and put everything for that person into their bag. Please label each bag with your name, Disname and group so we know who made each element. You‘ll have several bags to enclose in the larger (quart or gallon size) bag for each group you are in - be sure to include your name, your DIS name and your group number on the larger baggie.

7. Mailing Instructions - Include enough money for postage (or stamps if you don't want to send cash) to return your items.
Please don’t send metered or click-it/ship-it postage – some hostesses have had issues with these. If you would like to send it to me a cheaper route that is fine, just let me know.
** Because this is a small swap if you would like to mail your items regular mail that is fine, let me know when you mail and remember to ADD a little extra postage for the return.

8. PM me if you have problems and need to drop out or if an emergency happens (we all know things happen beyond our control sometimes), let me know so we can make arrangements for an angel or other help if needed.

9. HAVE FUN!

Disney Themed Slide Mounts

A. General Disney Make 12 (6 people x's 2 per person)
1. PrincessNancy96
2. Mommy2mrb
3. MusicalDisneyDreams
4. wdwmickey
5. LOVEMY3KIDDOS
6. mycutiepatooties

B. Mickey Make 10 (5 people x's 2 per person)
1. PN96
2. wdwm
3. LM3K
4. JulieK2000
5. M2mrb

D. Fab 5 (choose one character when signing up) Make 6 (3 people x's 2 per person)
1. M2mrb - Goofy
2. LM3K - Pluto
3. wdwm - Minnie

E. Princess / Leading Lady (choose one when signing up) Make 10 (5 people x's 2 per person)
1. PN96 - Belle
2. M2mrb - Snow White
3. MDD - Jasmine
4. mcp - Ariel
5. LM3K - Tink

F. Park Full - Make 8 total (2 per person x's 4 people)
1. Magic Kingdom - MDD
2. Epcot - wdwm
3. DHS - LM3K
4. Animal Kingdom - PN96

F1. Park Full - Make 8 total (2 per person x's 4 people)
1. Magic Kingdom - LM3K
2. Epcot - MDD
3. DHS - wdwm
4. Animal Kingdom - mcp

Holiday / Season Themed Slide Mounts

G. Seasons Full - Make 8 total (2 per person x's 4 people)
1. Winter - LM3K
2. Summer - wdwm
3. Spring - chiefdragon
4. Fall - MDD

H. Holidays Full - Make 12 (2 person x's 6 people...note that PN96 and wdwm are in 2 slots each)
1. Christmas - wdwm
2. Thanksgiving - JK2000
3. New Year's - chiefdragon
4. Valentine's Day - MDD
5. St. Patrick's Day - PN96
6. Halloween - wdwm
7. July 4th - LM3K
8. Easter - PN96

I. Birthday Make 8 (2 per person x's 4 people)
1. LM3K
2. chiefdragon
3. JK2000
4. wdwm

Players / Groups / Check-ins:

10/5 - PM's sent / groups good

10/15 - last call for angels / general status

10/21 - final status

10/25 - mail by date

:thanks: Due to me / I have

:moped: On it's way to you

:dance3: You have it!!!

:dance3: PrincessNancy96 - A, B, E (Belle), F (AK), H (Easter & St. Patty's)

:dance3: LOVEMY3KIDDOS - A, B, D, E (Tink), F (DHS), F1 (MK), G (Winter), H (July 4th), I

:dance3: wdwmickey - A, B, D (Minnie), F (Epcot), F1 (DHS), G (Summer), H (Christmas & Halloween), I

:dance3: Mommy2mrb - A, B, D (Goofy), E (Snow White)

:dance3: MusicalDisneyDreams - A, E (Jasmine), F (MK), F1 (Epcot), G (Fall), H (Valentine's Day)

:dance3: mycutiepatooties - A, E (Ariel), F1 (AK)

:dance3: chiefdragon - G (Spring), H (New Year's), I

:dance3: JulieK2000 - B, H (Thanksgiving), I

Angels:

AWM

PN96

I'd love to play, but have never made a slide mount. Actually, I've never gotten one in a swap either. I see pics posted from time to time, but haven't gotten one. If someone can clue me in on how these are made and where you get the mounts.....I'd love to play. They seem like great little extras for on a page.

There's a great instructional thread at the top of the swap boards (sorry don't know how to post a link). "Swap Glossary, BAMB's class" Where she walks you through step by step, with pictures included. That's how I learned :)

Wow, they're not as hard as I thought they would be. Next question - where do you get slide mounts? Does AC Moore & Michaels stock them, how about Wal-Mart?

I want to play too!! been having so much fun doing my ABC swap, got to keep the fun going!!

I need to know where to get slides too, my mike's and joann's don't carry them :confused3 is there any place online?

thanks!

They can be found at all the craft stores... and you can make them from your cricut!!! :)
I know they can be found on some of the carts..can't think which one..but they can be circles, squares, rectangles.....

Shoot - don't have fabulous finds. I looked at my AC Moore a while ago because I was curious, but they don't stock them. Could someone buy a pack and mail to me if I pay for them and the cost of mailing? Or, could someone cut for me and mail to me if I pay for the paper and mailing?

Shoot - don't have fabulous finds. I looked at my AC Moore a while ago because I was curious, but they don't stock them. Could someone buy a pack and mail to me if I pay for them and the cost of mailing? Or, could someone cut for me and mail to me if I pay for the paper and mailing?

Have you got SCAL? I can make you a file.

Sorry guys...I was busy cleaning...

You can also find them on Amazon. They are a fun addition! I'm glad you guys are interested!!! PN96 was nice enough to habd this swap over to me since she was short on time!! So, it'll be a great hostessing start! I'll be back on later to answer any other questions that may pop up. Please let me know if anyone needs help getting the mounts. Tyniknate - did you get it taken care of, or do you need some assistance? Does anyone have any other requests for groups? Do you think we should delete anything?

:sad2: No SCAL. It's at my mom's house waiting to be put under the Christmas tree. She's a real stickler for not giving gifts early. For now all I can do is wait.......99 more days :scared1:

Let me know what you want to do, and I'll be happy to cut for you!!! That would be no problem at all.. I have the sizzix die and there are some slide mounts on Christmas cheer, I think.. let me look!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter