• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sleeping arrangements - 18 month old

My son slept in a pack n play at my parents house until 4, and he was 42 in tall.

Your 18 month old will be fine in a pack n play.

Our twin boys will be two and a half when we go to WDW next month. They have never attempted to climb out of their cribs (knock on wood) and have never done well in pack n plays. Since the hotel couldn't guarantee that we could get cribs (even asked the concierge since we are staying club level), we decided to rent two full-sized cribs from Kingdom Strollers. I didn't want to spend the extra money but know that having the boys sleep well is crucial.

We never did pack n plays or cribs. Kid just slept in the bed with one or both of us.

Our twin boys will be two and a half when we go to WDW next month. They have never attempted to climb out of their cribs (knock on wood) and have never done well in pack n plays. Since the hotel couldn't guarantee that we could get cribs (even asked the concierge since we are staying club level), we decided to rent two full-sized cribs from Kingdom Strollers. I didn't want to spend the extra money but know that having the boys sleep well is crucial.

Totally agree with this. My kids did not sleep well in a pack n play especially over the age of 1, so we brought our crib with us and set it up for my daughter (our more diffircult sleeper) (we usually drive to vacation, so you would rent if you fly), my son was ok on a bed at 1.5. It really depends on the kid, my nephew is 2.5 and has no issues with the pack n play and he is off the charts for height and weight.

We have a 5y and 18 m/o, and travel fairly regularly. 5 y/o has been fine in a bed without a rail since 3, although he was in a crib until then at home - never once tried to climb out. Prior to 3 and with our LO, we do a mix of things in hotel rooms. We usually request a PnP and set it up. If kiddo will sleep in it, awesome, and it usually at least helps with a safe place for naps. If kiddo won't sleep in it at all we break it down and make a "nest" with bedding on the floor. Throw down a couple of blankets and a pillow, and a parent can lay there with babe until s/he falls asleep. No risk of rolling out. If we're driving on vacation we bring a child-size bedroll that MIL made that can be used for this purpose as well. Finally, if none of the above work, DH and I split up and each sleep with one kid. I get the smaller one, because mommy instinct means I sleep with my arm curled around him so he won't go anywhere. Have fun on your trip!

We just requested a crib (when our daughter was 2 years old). Wasn't a problem and was probably more comfortable for her than a PnP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter