Skyliner Worries

Shinrai

Mouseketeer
So, I'm not a huge fan of gondola's but we're staying at CBR for the first half of my trip, and my daughters are kind of excited about the Skyliner. We're planning to Uber/Lyft to the parks on some days, and I figured I can suck it up for a short trip here and there to get back to the resort.

But then I learned about the incident last October with the gondolas being stuck for hours. :oops: And, I then I read something that implied they semi-regularly get stuck for shorter periods.

For those who have used the Skyliner, have you experienced this? Are they running pretty smoothly now, or are they still stopping mid-trip sometimes?

Most of the time they aren't getting stuck for shorter periods. At most of the stations, they can pull cars off to load those with scooters or wheelchairs. However, at the Rivera station that is not the case. So any time someone with a scooter wants to get on at Rivera, they have to stop the line to load it. It doesn't take long and then they start moving again. They haven't had any other major issues though. If you're worried about the stopping, ride it back from hollywood studios then you will avoid the Rivera station.

The brief stops never last longer than about 30 seconds. I've not heard of any other long stops like that reported last year.

I was at CBR 2 weeks ago, rode it frequently and did not have any stops longer than a couple minutes. That incident was when it first opened.

I rode it many times last Oct. I really enjoyed it and it only stopped for less then a minute a few times.

I wonder if they're ever going to fix that issue at Riviera? That can't be good for the system stopping and starting it so much.

I was nervous to ride when we stayed at POP after I heard about the accident but one night we were in world showcase and were really tired and to take the bus we would have had to walk all the way to the front of the park so we hopped on the gondola and I loved it!!! Used it the rest of the week without incident. Would take That over bus any day

We rode it to and from studios and Epcot in September and it never stopped at all while we were on it. Lucky I guess

In September, while staying at the Riviera, the main issue was it not running because of thunderstorms. Trying to ride it in the afternoon can be hit or miss because of this. We had to bus it twice.

We used it four days on our last trip with no issues. Any stops were a minute or less, occasional slow downs with no actual stop.

I wonder if they're ever going to fix that issue at Riviera? That can't be good for the system stopping and starting it so much.
It doesn't normally stop, it just slows down. They only stop if someone is having difficulty getting on or off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter