Skyliner Worries

Shinrai

Mouseketeer
So, I'm not a huge fan of gondola's but we're staying at CBR for the first half of my trip, and my daughters are kind of excited about the Skyliner. We're planning to Uber/Lyft to the parks on some days, and I figured I can suck it up for a short trip here and there to get back to the resort.

But then I learned about the incident last October with the gondolas being stuck for hours. :oops: And, I then I read something that implied they semi-regularly get stuck for shorter periods.

For those who have used the Skyliner, have you experienced this? Are they running pretty smoothly now, or are they still stopping mid-trip sometimes?

SG131

DIS Veteran
Most of the time they aren't getting stuck for shorter periods. At most of the stations, they can pull cars off to load those with scooters or wheelchairs. However, at the Rivera station that is not the case. So any time someone with a scooter wants to get on at Rivera, they have to stop the line to load it. It doesn't take long and then they start moving again. They haven't had any other major issues though. If you're worried about the stopping, ride it back from hollywood studios then you will avoid the Rivera station.

• OKW Lover

Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle.
    DIS Lifetime Sponsor
    The brief stops never last longer than about 30 seconds. I've not heard of any other long stops like that reported last year.

DebbieB

DIS Veteran
    I was at CBR 2 weeks ago, rode it frequently and did not have any stops longer than a couple minutes. That incident was when it first opened.

• yankebabie

DIS Veteran
    I was nervous to ride when we stayed at POP after I heard about the accident but one night we were in world showcase and were really tired and to take the bus we would have had to walk all the way to the front of the park so we hopped on the gondola and I loved it!!! Used it the rest of the week without incident. Would take That over bus any day

• emmabelle

Crazy cat lady who loves Disney
    In September, while staying at the Riviera, the main issue was it not running because of thunderstorms. Trying to ride it in the afternoon can be hit or miss because of this. We had to bus it twice.

Moliphino

DIS Veteran
    We used it four days on our last trip with no issues. Any stops were a minute or less, occasional slow downs with no actual stop.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.