Skipper Canteen info

"Menu expected to feature items influenced by the cuisines of Asia, Africa, and South America."

I believe the idea is to have menu items related to the 4 Rivers of the Jungle Cruise - the Nile, Congo, Amazon and Mekong. So some items with a Southeast Asian flavor would be appropriate. But Polynesian wouldn't really make sense.

Love the look of the restaurant layout from the micechat article. It looks like they're going with different themed rooms, like they did at BOG.

And I can't say that I care whether lunch is CS or TS. A new Restaurant is sorely needed in MK.

I would love to know more about the menu. "Influenced by" can mean a lot of things.

What are the chances that I'd be able to eat there on opening day?!?! :scared:

I wonder this too. December 5 is the last day we're in the parks on our upcoming vacation. Where exactly is this located? Like between what on the existing map? I'll definitely be walking by to at least see what I can see!

I wonder this too. December 5 is the last day we're in the parks on our upcoming vacation. Where exactly is this located? Like between what on the existing map? I'll definitely be walking by to at least see what I can see!
Where Tink's M&G used to be, by Aloha Isle.

I have to admit I've been really excited about this idea, but it's been hard to get info on at all. Are they still just saying "opening late 2015"? I know we'll be there in January, so sort of keeping my fingers crossed that their timeline holds true.

Rumors board is saying an opening of December 20th. Just a rumor though.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/news-round-up.3301070/page-386#post-54586419

Oh, wow! That's our first day there and the only day at MK that we don't already have an ADR. I was hoping we might add it but I wonder how likely it would be to be able to get an opening day ADR for 10. Although I'm not sure if we necessarily want to go on opening day and experience all of the hiccups! I was hoping for a few reviews before going. Of course, it would be exciting to be one of the first customers! :thumbsup2

Know it's just a rumor. It will be exciting to see when it does open.

I was hoping for an earlier date. WE are there earlier in December adn I was hoping for an ADR one the 12th. Oh well... I have booked trips for lesser reasons than to see the inside of a restaurant..... LOL!

This photo should give you a good sense.

03-adventureland-verandah-cover.jpg

I believe the idea is to have menu items related to the 4 Rivers of the Jungle Cruise - the Nile, Congo, Amazon and Mekong. So some items with a Southeast Asian flavor would be appropriate. But Polynesian wouldn't really make sense.

Love the look of the restaurant layout from the micechat article. It looks like they're going with different themed rooms, like they did at BOG.

And I can't say that I care whether lunch is CS or TS. A new Restaurant is sorely needed in MK.
I thought about the 4 rivers too and wondered where the Polynesian came from, lol. But it is JC, so maybe there will be a clever story to work that aspect in to the menu.

I'm imagining the menu to be Jiko meets Yak and Yeti meets Brazilian steakhouse. Maybe the Polynesian influence will come by way of Dole Whip drinks with booze in them :drinking1

I'm really looking forward to this restaurant. We don't travel until June, but I feel for those of you waiting to hear if it will be open for your trip in Nov or Dec!

Am hoping for a soft opening when I'm there the first week of December. We got lucky when BoG did a soft opening a couple of years back when we were there in November.

Am hoping for a soft opening when I'm there the first week of December. We got lucky when BoG did a soft opening a couple of years back when we were there in November.
We are there then too - would love to experience a soft opening too!

We are heading down in May. I am very interested in this, good luck to all going in nov-dec!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter