skin care on a budget

I second the cetaphil and it was recomended by our dermatologist. However, she said the walmart brand of it was just as good so that's what I use. So far so good and DD uses it too.

I have rosacea which along with the redness expected with the condition makes my skin dry & flaky with moderate T zone oiliness.

I've tried many products in all price points.. lately I'm loving a line carried at both Target & Walmart called Simple. It is gentle enough for my overly sensitive skin, but lush enough to keep my skin hydrated & smooth. I use the Replenish lotion and when needed the make up remover wipes. Unscented, light weight, non comedogenic and inexpensive! A true find.

I love Burt's Bees products with Royal Jelly. I have that night cream and day cream, which has sunscreen. I also love to apply extra virgin coconut oil on my face once a week before I go to bed. Smells wonderful and is super conditioning.

I use Equate (Walmart) versions of face-wash, scrubs and moisturizers. Most are less than $3 and will last 2 months or so. It's usually right next to the name brands, and will even say "compare to ____" on the container so you know you're getting the right kind.

My only "indulgence" is Roc Retinol Night cream now that I'm pushing 40 and I have a lot of lines around my eyes. I use Swagbucks to earn Amazon gift cards to buy it :)

Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer. Very gentle and does the job.

This is what our dermatologist recommends as well. And right now at Sam's when you buy the two pack it is on sale with an instant coupon and it works out to be cheaper than the normal price for one at Target or Walmart. (And it comes in a larger sized bottle and has a bonus moisturizer)

I use olive oil. But, I wash my face in the shower when I am showering. Cleans out all of the icky stuff- if I have a zip it clears up MUCH quicker, and it moisturizes my skin.

Several people I know think its crazy, but NOTHING has ever worked better!

I use olive oil. But, I wash my face in the shower when I am showering. Cleans out all of the icky stuff- if I have a zip it clears up MUCH quicker, and it moisturizes my skin.

Several people I know think its crazy, but NOTHING has ever worked better!

My mom used to work with a lady who was in her 50's and had the most beautiful skin ever. The lady said she had just always used olive oil on her skin. And people do think you are crazy for smearing oil all over your face. It goes against all the conventional advice.

They have the coconut oil at Trader Joes for about $6 but last time I went it was sold out

From all accounts, this year coconut oil has gone up in price in many places. I bought mine from Costco and I know it's gone up quite a bit. Haven't checked Trader Joe's since I bought my first jar from there a year or two ago.

I was not using the Olay for sensitive skin. Could be part of the problem. Also, we don't have a CVS or RiteAid anywhere near here (3 hours away is the closest- I looked it up). We do have Walmart or Walgreens. No Target. :goodvibes

Where do you live?
I'm in the Ogden area, there are two, newer cvs stores, one in weber county, another in Utah county - I think.
It's no different than a Walgreens.

I am well over 40. I have Rosacea. My dermatologist suggested CeraVe or Cetaphil products. I use Cetaphil daily wash or the Whole Foods version of Cetaphil. I tried the Wal Mart and Target versions but was not happy and returned them. I use CeraVe Am and CeraVe PM moisturizers. They are available at many stores.

I used to have dry, but non-finicky skin and used Oil of Olay or whatever I found on sale. About two years ago I started to have rosacea flare-ups and my skin became very sensitive. I like CeraVe and Cetaphil wash and moisturizers I buy whatever one happens to be on sale when I need it. I also like Trader Joe's moisturizer (it comes in a bottle that looks like Oil of Olay, but it is much, much more gentle).

I'm a crisco user! A cosmetic surgeon came into my work and i asked him if he had any tips for reducing the look of my wrinkles and he recommended crisco. I figured he could have talked me into costly procedures or at least set me up with a consult and since he didn't, i figured i'd at least go home and google it before slathering it on my face. Well, what do you know!? Crisco has been used as a moisturizer with success for years!

I think I just about burned my skin off with various acne medications when I was a teen/20s, so I'm not sensitive, but what I use is inexpensive:
Face wash: Target baby wash - it's what my kids use, and they have super sensitive skin. I just use it in the shower with a washcloth.
I alternate these so each one is used every 3rd day:
Coconut oil (giant tub from Costco, but I prefer the Trader Joe's smell)
Amlactin (super cheap from Costco and a little goes a long way!)
Retin A .025% ($20 when I can get dermotologist to prescribe it for acne) - this is a super low concentration so it doesn't cause redness/flaking - on me at least.

With a good diet though, I think you can get away with using anything. I eat mostly whole foods, drink lots of water, and take loads of magnesium, niacin, fish oil, and Vit C every day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter