Sister Wives

These people’s finances fascinate me. I am just so confused about how they earn even a modest living much less start all these “businesses”. Is My Sister Wives Closet now prospering? Is Janell’s “empowerment” gym actually a thing? Is Christine actually working as a realtor and what on God’s green earth does Kody do all day?!? :confused:

Google quickly turned up that Meri’s clothing “business” is Lularoe, which I understand to be a now-crumbling MLM scheme. Can a person actually make the kind of money she needed for that property in that way?

I would assume the money, at least for the last several years, has come from their TV series and paid for appearances.

It’s near the middle of the episode when they’re sitting around talking about their feelings. I hope that narrows it down for you :P
I don’t know if I’m going to make it to the middle of the episode. This is beyond mind numbing. I did pause/rewind during the couch sessions when I’d hear her say it. It does sound like she’s saying “full” instead of “feel.” Maybe it’s a “Meri thing.”

I don’t know if I’m going to make it to the middle of the episode. This is beyond mind numbing. I did pause/rewind during the couch sessions when I’d hear her say it. It does sound like she’s saying “full” instead of “feel.” Maybe it’s a “Meri thing.”

it’s not when they’re doing the couch interview. It’s when she’s crying at someone’s house after they found out she closed on the house and didn’t tell them. That doesn’t really narrow it down either lol

it’s not when they’re doing the couch interview. It’s when she’s crying at someone’s house after they found out she closed on the house and didn’t tell them. That doesn’t really narrow it down either lol
I can’t promise I’ll make it that far. LOL

As for how far I’ve gotten; Meri needs to back off of Mariah. You cannot dictate how someone feels about a situation. You want to see a 21 year old girl do the exact opposite of what you want? Keep pushing at her and that’s what you’ll get.

I agree. Mariah is angry with her mother for looking for a man on-line. So what if she was catfished? The fact that the man wasn’t real and turned out to be a woman is beside the point. Meri was looking to cheat on Kody and Mariah is not happy about that. This story line annoys me because they skim over the crux of it.

If it was serious enough to still be grousing about it after all this time, then it was serious enough that Meri should have just left Kody. And Mariah needs to let it go. It's her mom and dad's issue, not hers. All this focus on the catfishing angle is just a distraction from the real issue, which was Meri turning outside the marriage.

I rewatched last weeks episode yesterday. Wow. Oh wow. Meri is really so full of herself. I can’t even begin to explain. All of her eye rolling! And getting mad that the family didn’t want to give her the money even though she had no plan, by her own admission. She was adamant her mom get a choice of rooms to stay in, despitemthere being separate quarters for her to stay in. The family was saying there are four bedrooms for rent. If your mom takes one that cuts into the rooms for rent (the profits). The she got mad and said “well IN MY MIND I know my mom will take the guest house”. She was seriously mad that no one could read her mind!

If it was serious enough to still be grousing about it after all this time, then it was serious enough that Meri should have just left Kody. And Mariah needs to let it go. It's her mom and dad's issue, not hers. All this focus on the catfishing angle is just a distraction from the real issue, which was Meri turning outside the marriage.
Well yeah, she does need to mind her own but Meri keeps dragging her back into it. She’s going to feel the way she’s going to feel. She’s asked Meri a bazillion times to leave her alone about it. IMO it’s a guilty conscience that keeps Meri pressing her.

Well yeah, she does need to mind her own but Meri keeps dragging her back into it. She’s going to feel the way she’s going to feel. She’s asked Meri a bazillion times to leave her alone about it. IMO it’s a guilty conscience that keeps Meri pressing her.
I agree totally. It also appears that since the incident occurred, Meri has actually convinced herself she was an innocent victim and never stops trying to get everyone else to concede to that narrative as well. To my mind though, having that other lady come meet them was actually sort of counter-productive because she referred several times to having met the "cat-fisher" on a dating/matching site when she was newly single and looking for a relationship. The same dating/matching site Meri used...:rolleyes1

I agree totally. It also appears that since the incident occurred, Meri has actually convinced herself she was an innocent victim and never stops trying to get everyone else to concede to that narrative as well. To my mind though, having that other lady come meet them was actually sort of counter-productive because she referred several times to having met the "cat-fisher" on a dating/matching site when she was newly single and looking for a relationship. The same dating/matching site Meri used...:rolleyes1
The victim narrative bugs me even more than the seeking outside your marriage thing. You need to OWN what you did. She’s never going to have any peace and they’re never going to fully trust her until she does.

Sometimes I’m pretty convinced the family has pushed the whole victim thing though. I can’t get too into why I think this because it rides the line of the TOUs here but I remember being told as a kid not to write the bad things in my journal and when my uncle was working on genealogy he asked me when I was baptized. I asked him if he wanted the date I was excommunicated. He said, “No, we’ll leave that out.” (I don’t want to give big examples because like I said, I don’t want points, lol) My gut tells me that if this hadn’t been played out on TV it would never have been mentioned again. It would be like it never happened.

I'm not a long time viewer. Watch every now and then over the years. Having not watched in quite a while, I felt as if I was watching this with fresh eyes. I personally don't know why it is that Meri stays with this group. I can see why she may have been looking else where and not felt supported. She appears the odd man out if you ask me. Doesn't have little ones that tie her to the whole family dynamic. She's in a different place than the others. Their beating this dead horse about her not being part of the family and how they felt she owed them something by telling them she closed. Give me a break. She discussed it with her husband. End of story. If she decided not to share it soon enough for their liking. So be it. Get over it. Woman wanted something of her own and she achieved that goal herself. If you ask me this whole plural marriage thing is nuts, and maybe, just maybe Meri is getting a little tired of having to worry about the emotional well being and judgements from the subsequent wives. I'd say Man bun's days are numbered.

I think the family, at least the other wives really don't care about Meri. She embarrassed them all with the catfishing nonsense and she just doesn't want to even be a part of their lives. She was sooooooo not wanting any of them to have any interest in the bed and breakfast. You could tell it was just for her and her family's benefit. She did not want them to touch it. It was her baby, her legacy. I don't blame her. It really has nothing to do with the rest of them. I don't blame her for feeling like crap after the divorce and Robin being given preference. I can see why she was looking for a different relationship outside the family.

I am so over them seeing and talking to the other catfish victim. Does she think she's a celebrity because she's on TLC telling the world how she got duped? It makes me cringe that they keep giving the story so much air time.

I can’t promise I’ll make it that far. LOL

As for how far I’ve gotten; Meri needs to back off of Mariah. You cannot dictate how someone feels about a situation. You want to see a 21 year old girl do the exact opposite of what you want? Keep pushing at her and that’s what you’ll get.
I finally just watched. Meri almost seems mad that Mariah won't forgive her for the catfishing episode. Meri just can't let it go. It's almost like she's going to punish everyone by bringing it up over and over until they admit she was a blameless victim.

And the house thing. Geez, Meri is over the top about how she did it by herself. Oh, and look. Meri is crying and feeling attacked again.

And yes, it's also driving me nuts that they're saying "fill" instead of feel.

I bet Meri really checks out now.

I finally just watched. Meri almost seems mad that Mariah won't forgive her for the catfishing episode. Meri just can't let it go. It's almost like she's going to punish everyone by bringing it up over and over until they admit she was a blameless victim.

And the house thing. Geez, Meri is over the top about how she did it by herself. Oh, and look. Meri is crying and feeling attacked again.

And yes, it's also driving me nuts that they're saying "fill" instead of feel.

I bet Meri really checks out now.
I felt like Meri wanted to give them all a big “screw you” by announcing she did it herself and not telling them she closed and moved in. I don’t believe for one second she intended to make a family announcement. I don’t blame the others for having their feelings hurt. She’s been telling them they don’t support her and they really seem to be trying and she shuts them out. She says they don’t need to “pull her in” but she blamed them not including her for the whole catfishing thing. She said “I’m here, I don’t need to be pulled in” but she went off, closed on a house and moved her mother in without a word.

Probably not going to be a popular opinion but I felt Kody made some good points after they told him to stop sighing. The wives are all trying to keep Meri from getting her feelings hurt at their own expense. She didn’t just betray Kody, she betrayed them too.

I noticed at the beginning of this episode there were 4th of July decorations up and when they had the talk about Meri closing there were Halloween decorations up. I’m thinking spending time in Utah has brought some of Meri’s accent back? I noticed Robyn was saying “fill” as well. She’s the only adult *to me* that sounds “Utah” all the time. It makes me want to start calling cousins and asking them to say “feel” for me. :rotfl2:

I am watching this weeks episode and I have to say it bugs me to no end that Meri pronounces the word feel as fill. Is that a Utah/Vegas thing?

I watched that episode and I also noticed the "fill/feel" pronunciation. But then I also noticed that she (Meri) was saying "figa" instead of "figure". She said it at least 3 times that I heard. Did anyone else notice? It just really annoyed me :headache:

I would assume the money, at least for the last several years, has come from their TV series and paid for appearances.
When watching the episode where Meri actually has the closing and moves her Mom in, I assumed that the down payment for her new home came from her Mom selling her home. I know it wasn't said, or even implied, but it seemed to me that the Mom was moving out of her home for good into the B&B. So I thought that maybe her Mom gave her the money for the down payment. :confused3

I felt like Meri wanted to give them all a big “screw you” by announcing she did it herself and not telling them she closed and moved in. I don’t believe for one second she intended to make a family announcement. I don’t blame the others for having their feelings hurt. She’s been telling them they don’t support her and they really seem to be trying and she shuts them out. She says they don’t need to “pull her in” but she blamed them not including her for the whole catfishing thing. She said “I’m here, I don’t need to be pulled in” but she went off, closed on a house and moved her mother in without a word.

Probably not going to be a popular opinion but I felt Kody made some good points after they told him to stop sighing. The wives are all trying to keep Meri from getting her feelings hurt at their own expense. She didn’t just betray Kody, she betrayed them too.

I noticed at the beginning of this episode there were 4th of July decorations up and when they had the talk about Meri closing there were Halloween decorations up. I’m thinking spending time in Utah has brought some of Meri’s accent back? I noticed Robyn was saying “fill” as well. She’s the only adult *to me* that sounds “Utah” all the time. It makes me want to start calling cousins and asking them to say “feel” for me. :rotfl2:

Of course Meri was saying screw you to them.

This is not telling some extended family. This is HER immediate family. And she didn't have a moment when they were all together? Whatever. What about mentioning it during vacation? Were they not all together then? How about a group text Meri, a simple drama free "I am closing today!"

As for Kody. He's an interesting creature. A lot of times he seems like a two year old and a narcissistic *******. In both casual scenes and couch interviews.

But then suddenly I agree with his singular to the camera thoughts. So not an unpopular statement with me wenrob. He was bang on in the last two episodes in my opinion, including your example. I also loved when he walked out with Meri's room counting. That disingenuous ******** would drive me cuckoo.

Last edited:

Definitely a big "screw you". Plus,there's no way she's still going to be actively involved in the family with her "business" hours away. It will be interesting to see what happens with her housing when they move home base this season. Can you demand 5 bedrooms and a wet bar in the new place if you don't even really live there?

Google quickly turned up that Meri’s clothing “business” is Lularoe, which I understand to be a now-crumbling MLM scheme. Can a person actually make the kind of money she needed for that property in that way?

My former co-worker and his wife have one of the most successful LuLaRoe businesses in the country.They do live sales on Facebook several times a day. They've already paid off their house and paid cash for a brand new truck. Meri didn't really need all that much money. I joined her group to check it out and her stuff sells quickly because her group is full of fans who want to interact with her. They fawn all over her in the comments. Thanks to the show, she has a built-in customer base. I doubt she'll have any trouble paying off the loan. She could probably do it fairly quickly if he she really tried.

My former co-worker and his wife have one of the most successful LuLaRoe businesses in the country.They do live sales on Facebook several times a day. They've already paid off their house and paid cash for a brand new truck. Meri didn't really need all that much money. I joined her group to check it out and her stuff sells quickly because her group is full of fans who want to interact with her. They fawn all over her in the comments. Thanks to the show, she has a built-in customer base. I doubt she'll have any trouble paying off the loan. She could probably do it fairly quickly if he she really tried.
Well, at least using that to advantage is smart although the same doesn’t seem to have been true for the Sister Wives Closet thing. I don’t know much about Lularoe except for what I’ve read in a handful of scathing social media pieces. The stuff is pretty hideous though IMO and interestingly I’ve never really noticed her or the other wives wearing it on camera. I’ll start watching closer for it and if fan base = customer base I wonder why it never gets mentioned by name on the show? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter