Sister Wives

If that house was a serious business venture, she would have been able to produce a serious business plan when asked for it. After all, she was just days from finalizing the purchase. All she seemed able to produce when asked was an old disorganized mess of notes.

I have to seriously doubt any validity that the B&B is a real money making venture. She only needed 40k as the down payment to add to her 10% and come up with 50% down payment, which is the entire sale price of the home & business. So at an all in cost of 100k, the numbers don't suggest that the B&B is anything other than a non-lucrative hobby. Who knows, though. Maybe there's a real draw to visit Parowan, Utah, and stay with Meri and her mother.

Late to the Thread! Admit I haven’t watched in a year. Can’t stand Kody or his hair lol! Don’t know what they all see in him. I never minded that Meri “strayed” from Kody. If men can have plural relations, it’s such a double standard that a women is expected to stay monogamous.

maddie and caleb just announced they are expecting baby #2 in august. they are in the process of moving to north carolina where caleb has accepted a new job.

i'm hoping for their sake that the everyone lets them have this baby privately w/o a a mob of on-lookers (and kody as the birthing coach:crazy2:).

Late to the Thread! Admit I haven’t watched in a year. Can’t stand Kody or his hair lol! Don’t know what they all see in him. I never minded that Meri “strayed” from Kody. If men can have plural relations, it’s such a double standard that a women is expected to stay monogamous.
It’s a double standard to people who are in monogamous relationships. It’s a religious covenant to them and more importantly it’s a life Meri chose knowing there would be many wives and one husband. You can’t change the game in the middle. She took a vow and she broke it by HER standards.

maddie and caleb just announced they are expecting baby #2 in august. they are in the process of moving to north carolina where caleb has accepted a new job.

i'm hoping for their sake that the everyone lets them have this baby privately w/o a a mob of on-lookers (and kody as the birthing coach:crazy2:).

If I were them, I'd tell everyone my due date was a month later than it actually is.

It’s a double standard to people who are in monogamous relationships. It’s a religious covenant to them and more importantly it’s a life Meri chose knowing there would be many wives and one husband. You can’t change the game in the middle. She took a vow and she broke it by HER standards.

Good for her!!

Seriously - they're grown adults. All they need to do to preserve their own privacy is say so, as they could have the last time. In my wildest nightmares I would never have agreed to the scenario they did with Axel's delivery but they must have. Nobody forced them and even if they were pressured, well, the decision was still on them.

Last edited:
I just read an article about Kody and Meri when they first got married. Meri had a friend that was under age and dated Kody while they were married and Meri wanted Kody to marry her because Meri had a very deep connection with her as a best friend. Meri was deeply hurt that the marriage did not happen and she did not become a sister wife to Meri. Meri was quoted as saying she was really upset. She felt she had a deep connection with her friend. Ok, but this scenario sounded so creepy to me. Everyone wants Meri twas leave the relationship, but maybe Meri is hiding how much she really does enjoy being a sister wife, maybe we are the ones being fooled.

Isn’t Mari not even married to Kody? So, besides the kids, she doesn’t really have any reason to stay. She could leave if she wanted to.

Isn’t Mari not even married to Kody? So, besides the kids, she doesn’t really have any reason to stay. She could leave if she wanted to.

She isn't legally married to Kody any more. Meri and he divorced so he could legally marry Robin and adopt her kids.

I am watching this weeks episode and I have to say it bugs me to no end that Meri pronounces the word feel as fill. Is that a Utah/Vegas thing?

I am watching this weeks episode and I have to say it bugs me to no end that Meri pronounces the word feel as fill. Is that a Utah/Vegas thing?
It’s not a Vegas thing. They adults don’t really sound like they’re from Utah but a lot of the older kids do. I haven’t watched this week yet so I’ll try to pay attention. (my whole family is from Utah)

It’s not a Vegas thing. They adults don’t really sound like they’re from Utah but a lot of the older kids do. I haven’t watched this week yet so I’ll try to pay attention. (my whole family is from Utah)

I have relatives in Utah too. The people from rural towns sound different than the city people.

It’s near the middle of the episode when they’re sitting around talking about their feelings. I hope that narrows it down for you :P

I have relatives in Utah too. The people from rural towns sound different than the city people.
I don’t think any of the adults (edit:except Robyn) sound like either IMO. The older kids, in particular Logan, Madi and Mykelti have that rural twang.

Last edited:
She can't leave if she wants the continued group financial support.
These people’s finances fascinate me. I am just so confused about how they earn even a modest living much less start all these “businesses”. Is My Sister Wives Closet now prospering? Is Janell’s “empowerment” gym actually a thing? Is Christine actually working as a realtor and what on God’s green earth does Kody do all day?!? :confused:

Google quickly turned up that Meri’s clothing “business” is Lularoe, which I understand to be a now-crumbling MLM scheme. Can a person actually make the kind of money she needed for that property in that way?

These people’s finances fascinate me. I am just so confused about how they earn even a modest living much less start all these “businesses”. Is My Sister Wives Closet now prospering? Is Janell’s “empowerment” gym actually a thing? Is Christine actually working as a realtor and what on God’s green earth does Kody do all day?!? :confused:

Google quickly turned up that Meri’s clothing “business” is Lularoe, which I understand to be a now-crumbling MLM scheme. Can a person actually make the kind of money she needed for that property in that way?

It's all TV money.

They do have the TLC, rental income from the Utah property and did write a book.
Besides that they have not discussed finances in the last few seasons much at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter