Sister Wives

i want to know the timing of when the nanny's household tested positive in proximity to when kody did (so who started the spread) AND the family christmas party. where did the first domino drop?

after watching that father son interaction i just cringed. those boys (men actually) are hearing/ seeing first hand how little regard kody has for those who don't practice blind obedience to him. i don't see him viewing wives, kids, grands as family but more so genetically (or through adoption) members of his 'family group' who to remain in good standing must follow without question or hesitation kody's demands (and to some extent-anticipate them b/c he won't share them until they've violated them to the extent he can enact his own form of shunning).

reads to me like the same cult like behaviors they decry as a reason they would never align with the flds or other polygamous friendly faiths.

My heart broke for Gabe. He also showed that Gabe was following rules and not being the complete jerk everyone thought he was. He mentioned two week quarantines away from the girlfriend so that Kody could see Janelle. He also said that his girlfriend was taking it very seriously and isolating, but Kody wouldn’t trust them.

Kody wouldn’t listen to any reason. It was all whether there was blind obedience to him or not!

I’ve been watching this show since the beginning and it’s painful to watch now. We’re watching lives implode and families fall apart. I felt so bad for Gabe last night.

It reminds me of the episodes of Jon & Kate Plus 8 when that marriage ended. No matter whose fault it was, it is sad to see it play out on TV.

Kody will be left with not much family when this is over. Counseling would help if he would accept it.

I’ve been watching this show since the beginning and it’s painful to watch now. We’re watching lives implode and families fall apart. I felt so bad for Gabe last night.

It reminds me of the episodes of Jon & Kate Plus 8 when that marriage ended. No matter whose fault it was, it is sad to see it play out on TV.

Kody will be left with not much family when this is over. Counseling would help if he would accept it.
Yes, so it seems. :( Regardless of any personal opinions on the lifestyle or these particular individuals, it is sad. I'd bet now they would all wish to wind back the clock and never have started the show. So many decisions they've made, leading them to this place would have likely been different.

The definite standout in last night's episode was Gabe. We heard a lot of back and forth about him between Kody and Janelle, but I was glad to finally hear him explain his own perspective. He proved to be articulate, intelligent and insightful. He's not just flaunting the rules for his own benefit. Rather he's stuck between what his father wants, what his mother thinks is reasonable and what he wants for himself. It was really sad to see how emotional he got when talking to Kody, and how Kody wouldn't take a bit of responsibility for the whole situation. "It's the moms! It's Janelle and Christine's fault!" Gabe was basically sitting there crying out for his dad, and Kody couldn't even try to empathize with him.

It's really obvious that the kids aren't getting the type of parenting from Kody that they want, need and deserve. Sorry, Ysabel, I'm not going to be there for your surgery or even hug you before you go because I have other families to think about. Sorry Gabe, if you see your girlfriend I won't come to your house anymore. It's sad because those kids obviously want their father around. They don't just want a visit here and there. They want to really connect with him, but they can't help but feel rejected by him when his rules come before their needs. I'm actually thinking the one big house idea might not be a bad one. At least the kids could have a central place to hang out with each other and Kody. Perhaps now that Christine is gone it will be considered again.

I really felt bad for Gabe. He just needed some understanding and maybe just a darn HUG from his dad, but Kody just kept digging in. Also, I saw the preview for next week and it looks like that's when things take a turn for the worst with Christine. I guess Kody said something to the effect of him not wanting "intimacy" anymore with her? And I believe that's where she draws the line. It showed his stuff packed up in boxes and him mentioning her wanting him to move out.

I really felt bad for Gabe. He just needed some understanding and maybe just a darn HUG from his dad, but Kody just kept digging in. Also, I saw the preview for next week and it looks like that's when things take a turn for the worst with Christine. I guess Kody said something to the effect of him not wanting "intimacy" anymore with her? And I believe that's where she draws the line. It showed his stuff packed up in boxes and him mentioning her wanting him to move out.
I saw this too. It proves Christine's point of not having a "full marriage" with Kody. When she knows darn well what he's doing at Robyn's plus he's constantly at Robyn's. I don't blame Christine one bit. Didn't she say it's like they're not even friends anymore, and no holding hands, etc. in a previous episode?
Maybe @wenrob can chime in, but does this let Christine off the hook? I mean if it's not a "full" marriage and she leaves can she still get into heaven according to the religion?

Poor Gabe. I felt so bad for him.
He's defending his mom but being an 18 year old boy probably did not realize saying "she's overweight and old" was not the best thing to say on tv. LOL.
Even Janelle has said to him that she knows she's high risk for Covid. I'm pretty sure that means weight and age. So I'm sure she gets it.

Yes, so it seems. :( Regardless of any personal opinions on the lifestyle or these particular individuals, it is sad. I'd bet now they would all wish to wind back the clock and never have started the show. So many decisions they've made, leading them to this place would have likely been different.
I bet they wouldn't give up the show. I think they're likely addicted to the money. And I bet Kody doesn't blame the show, but instead blames the wives. Some of them anyway.

The fact that Kody set the whole thing up with Gabe to be about choosing between him and his girlfriend is just weird and stupid. I've got news Kody, you were never going to win that one.

And the fact that Kody thinks he went wrong by not being MORE patriarchal just shows how broken his brain is.

I found it odd that Kody went to Janelle's mother's funeral. That he would break quarantine 10 days before Christmas to support her through a difficult time. Then I was reminded that he had his own connection to her through his dad and it all made sense. Kody went for Kody, not for Janelle.

I was disgusted by the comments about Ari not being able to go 2 days without Kody. If that's really the case, then they have done a terrible job of parenting and are making her too dependent. And my mind wandered back to those scenes of Ysable crying in pain for her daddy after her surgery and him not being there. And I got really angry all over again.

I did think it was odd that nobody thought of getting Covid tests. I know this was a year ago, but even then I was having my kids test before coming home for an occasional visit.

The way Kody and Robyn hugged when reuniting after the funeral quarantine...has he ever reacted that way toward any of his other wives?

His outrage at finding his stuff boxed and in Christine's garage. WTH, did he think another wife would stay after he has ignored her and her children, and then apparently said that he no longer wants intimacy? Dude, YOU ended another marriage.

Kody's getting older, maybe he can't keep up with intimacy times 4 or now 3.

I bet they wouldn't give up the show. I think they're likely addicted to the money. And I bet Kody doesn't blame the show, but instead blames the wives. Some of them anyway.
I think he could make more more money if 3 of the wives left and it was the Robyn & Kody show at least the first season....

The way Kody and Robyn hugged when reuniting after the funeral quarantine...has he ever reacted that way toward any of his other wives?

His outrage at finding his stuff boxed and in Christine's garage. WTH, did he think another wife would stay after he has ignored her and her children, and then apparently said that he no longer wants intimacy? Dude, YOU ended another marriage.

Kody's getting older, maybe he can't keep up with intimacy times 4 or now 3.
Speaking of that hug…did he change his clothes before walking in the door and getting that close to them? The kids and Robyn didn’t wait to find out if Kody was “safe” to touch. I didn’t notice, but were his shoes still on? Are those rules for everyone else, but not Kody?

Speaking of that hug…did he change his clothes before walking in the door and getting that close to them? The kids and Robyn didn’t wait to find out if Kody was “safe” to touch. I didn’t notice, but were his shoes still on? Are those rules for everyone else, but not Kody?
100% all of this. This just shows the depths of his hypocrisy. As someone else said, I didn't think I could hate Kody more than I already did...then I watched this episode.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter