Singles who are for the "Love of Disney" - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Monday everyone! Tawney and I spent today at the Studios and it has been sunny and beautiful and hot!! We went on Tower of Terror 4 times with no wait first thing, and then Rockin Roller Coaster twice. Then I insisted we go and see the rest of the park..lol It has been a great day and we are now headed back to the resort for some pool action! Have a great day all!!

Tracy, so glad to hear that you are having a great time. I took a similar Mother/ Daughter trip this summer with my daughter who is 16. We had the best bonding time...a trip I will never forget.
I also liked the reference to it being 60 degrees and everyone else in is coats. Being from VT, I would have been in the pool right next to you. Anything over freezing is a godsend in this area!!
Keep having fun!

Just the mention of a pool is wonderful!! Sounds like a great place to be. :thumbsup2 (However, I'm turning into a wimp ... I'm always cold ... even here in PA and that's a good bit less cold than you guys up in VT and upstate NY.)

So happy you guys are having fun. :)

Have some of that calorie-less Disney food for us all!!
:lmao:

Happy Monday everyone! Tawney and I spent today at the Studios and it has been sunny and beautiful and hot!! We went on Tower of Terror 4 times with no wait first thing, and then Rockin Roller Coaster twice. Then I insisted we go and see the rest of the park..lol It has been a great day and we are now headed back to the resort for some pool action! Have a great day all!!

Sounds like you are having a blast - take a dip for me - brrrr it's cold here :)

:offtopic: :)

Good morning everyone!

One of my favorite days of the year! I love this day. Even if I'm not enthusiastic about who's on the ballot, or my candidate doesn't win, it reminds me how fortunate I am to live in a country where I have the right to choose.

I walked Cleo this morning and the polling location in my precinct had a line around the corner, well over an hour long! Fortunately I live close enough to work that I can get out around lunchtime to vote. Hopefully it'll be shorter by then.

On that note.... here's some useless trivia to entertain you today.

Until Ulysses S. Grant, only three American Presidents had middle names. After US Grant, only three presidents were elected who did not have middle names, and three presidents preferred their middle name (John Calvin Coolidge, Thomas Woodrow Wilson, and Stephen Grover Cleveland). Grant, of course, did not have a middle name but just an initial (S stood for Simpson, his mother's maiden name, but was officially listed as just "S" on his birth certificate).

If John McCain is elected president, he and Jimmy Carter will have been the only graduates of the US Naval Academy to have been elected to the White House. Eisenhower and Grant were the only two POTUS to have graduated from the US Military Academy at West Point. Jefferson Davis, president of the CSA during the Civil War also graduated from West Point.

Only one US President was arrested while in office: US Grant, for speeding in his horse and buggy on Washington, DC streets. Franklin Pierce ran over a woman in his carriage but was not charged with any crime.

William H. Taft lost 80 pounds in the year after he left office.
Without the benefit of Sweating to the Oldies or NutriSystem.

Martin van Buren is the only president to grow up speaking a language other than English (his native language was Dutch).

Chester Arthur kept 80 pair of pants in his White House wardrobe, and often changed them several times a day so as to always appear with a good crease.

Gerald Ford is the only president to have tackled a Heisman Trophy winner (Jay Berwanger from the Univ of Chicago).

George H. W. Bush was the youngest Navy aviator in history, flying at age 18.

No US President has ever run a marathon. Al Gore is the only Vice- President to have completed one. He was beaten by Oprah Winfrey.
John Kerry is the only major party nominee to have completed a bike race of at least 100 miles.

Millard Fillmore was offered an honorary degree from Oxford, but turned it down, saying that he could not read Latin and that "no man should accept a degree he cannot read."

Abraham Lincoln was most likely the fifth president who was born in a log cabin.

George Washington's recipe for beer can be found here:
http://www.beerhistory.com/library/holdings/washingtonrecipe.shtml

:offtopic: :)

Good morning everyone!

One of my favorite days of the year! I love this day. Even if I'm not enthusiastic about who's on the ballot, or my candidate doesn't win, it reminds me how fortunate I am to live in a country where I have the right to choose.

I walked Cleo this morning and the polling location in my precinct had a line around the corner, well over an hour long! Fortunately I live close enough to work that I can get out around lunchtime to vote. Hopefully it'll be shorter by then.

On that note.... here's some useless trivia to entertain you today.

Until Ulysses S. Grant, only three American Presidents had middle names. After US Grant, only three presidents were elected who did not have middle names, and three presidents preferred their middle name (John Calvin Coolidge, Thomas Woodrow Wilson, and Stephen Grover Cleveland). Grant, of course, did not have a middle name but just an initial (S stood for Simpson, his mother's maiden name, but was officially listed as just "S" on his birth certificate).

If John McCain is elected president, he and Jimmy Carter will have been the only graduates of the US Naval Academy to have been elected to the White House. Eisenhower and Grant were the only two POTUS to have graduated from the US Military Academy at West Point. Jefferson Davis, president of the CSA during the Civil War also graduated from West Point.

Only one US President was arrested while in office: US Grant, for speeding in his horse and buggy on Washington, DC streets. Franklin Pierce ran over a woman in his carriage but was not charged with any crime.

William H. Taft lost 80 pounds in the year after he left office.
Without the benefit of Sweating to the Oldies or NutriSystem.

Martin van Buren is the only president to grow up speaking a language other than English (his native language was Dutch).

Chester Arthur kept 80 pair of pants in his White House wardrobe, and often changed them several times a day so as to always appear with a good crease.

Gerald Ford is the only president to have tackled a Heisman Trophy winner (Jay Berwanger from the Univ of Chicago).

George H. W. Bush was the youngest Navy aviator in history, flying at age 18.

No US President has ever run a marathon. Al Gore is the only Vice- President to have completed one. He was beaten by Oprah Winfrey.
John Kerry is the only major party nominee to have completed a bike race of at least 100 miles.

Millard Fillmore was offered an honorary degree from Oxford, but turned it down, saying that he could not read Latin and that "no man should accept a degree he cannot read."

Abraham Lincoln was most likely the fifth president who was born in a log cabin.

George Washington's recipe for beer can be found here:
http://www.beerhistory.com/library/holdings/washingtonrecipe.shtml

Well good morning stranger! Happy Election day. Fortunately here in Nevada we have early voting so I completed that task earlier this week. Like you I love coming from a country that affords me the right to choose. On this day it is irrelevant what my personal opinions on the candidates are as long as I make a decision and exercise my right.

My trivia for the day. . .

May 19, 1919, the 66th Congress proposed the 19th amendment giving women the right to vote and it was ratified and made law in 1920.

In 1971, 18 year olds secured the right to vote in national elections.

So as you can see, I am VERY proud of the fact that I can vote as there are still countries today where women are not allowed to vote and must take a minority back seat to men. . .

Well good morning stranger! Happy Election day. Fortunately here in Nevada we have early voting so I completed that task earlier this week. Like you I love coming from a country that affords me the right to choose. On this day it is irrelevant what my personal opinions on the candidates are as long as I make a decision and exercise my right.

My trivia for the day. . .

May 19, 1919, the 66th Congress proposed the 19th amendment giving women the right to vote and it was ratified and made law in 1920.

In 1971, 18 year olds secured the right to vote in national elections.

So as you can see, I am VERY proud of the fact that I can vote as there are still countries today where women are not allowed to vote and must take a minority back seat to men. . .

Well said my friend :)

Darcy's are compelling... mine are useless.. it's ok if you let 'em go :hug:

Compelling?. . .I was raised by my grandparents and my grandmother was VERY politically active. Those facts were drilled into my head as a very young child. So you could say that I was "born" being political and exersizing my right to vote. . .lol.

I think Jimmy Carter's class position was a little higher than fifth from the bottom. Nor did he almost get expelled (twice).

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstory/make_believe_maverick_the_real_john_mccain

I think Jimmy Carter's class position was a little higher than fifth from the bottom. Nor did he almost get expelled (twice).

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstory/make_believe_maverick_the_real_john_mccain

In the spirit of Army/Navy rivalry there's much I could say about that, but I won't :).. I'm glad that an impartial member of our group pointed that out though. At West Point, he would have been in the running for the class "goat" which is the lowest ranking member of the graduating class - it also happens to be the Navy mascot.

Hey all, we spent the day at AK today and got some really cool stuff to bring home, like a mini-bongo drum and an asian caligraphy set. I am so sad that we are leaving today, it has been such a great time with my little girl. I was not sure how much I would like staying at an All-Star resort, since I have always stayed at POP (with an exeption to my first trip) but I almost like it better. It is very quiet and peaceful and less people everywhere. Breakfast was the only time the food court was crowded, and even though it shared buses, we have only had to stand once. We didn't have to wait once for EVC's either.(nothing against EVC's or their users but I just hate waiting)

Thank you Tom and Darcy for filling my head witth even more useless knowledge, I really needed that. ;) lol

thanks for the trivia Tom and Darcy.

I used my freedom of choice and voted. Went around 1 p.m. and there was no line at all, what's up with that. :confused3 Maryland does not have early voting, so did I time it just right or maybe folks around here aren't voting. :eek:

Even though I'm not terribly politically-minded (don't care for it all much - rather turns my stomach), but I did very much enjoy the trivia. :thumbsup2 Very cool.

Tracy - sorry you have to leave so soon. Seems to me that you just got there. :sad2:

Go
NAVY!

Hi guys...just popping in to say hi. Haven't been in much of a chatty mood lately but I still lurk so I can keep up :). Hope everyone is doing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter