Singles Trip to WDW in 2009 !!

What "weekend" is good for you ?? Singles Trip 2009

• Thursday October 1st to Monday October 5th

• Thursday October 15th to Monday October 19th

• Thursday October 22 to Monday October 26th

Results are only viewable after voting.
HEYYYY -- is anyone interested in doing a "preplanning weekend" trip to the world from Sept 19 - Sept 21 ??? (or maybe even the following weekend)I am in serious need of a get away and while I am there I want to check on a few more ideas for the 2009 trip.

Anyone up for the challenge ??? lol

Jen, I'll be "home" at the world from Sept 12 to 20 so I could help you for a little bit. I'm a compulsive planner -- blame the Virgo in me -- and scared my sis when I was lecturing her about how we needed to get our ADRs made as soon as we made our reservation since we were already behind schedule. Right now, I'm planning to spend most of Sept 19 at MK and then the AC at night. It's my birthday so I should be able to go wherever I want, right? Let me know if you end up coming for a preplanning trip. I'd love to meet up while we're both there.

I'll toss out another set of group costume ideas... to borrow from the Sound of Music, we could have: raindrops on roses, whiskers on kitten, bright copper kettles, warm woollen mittens, brown paper packages tied up with string, and snowflakes that stay on (my) nose and eyelashes. A friend at work gave me the idea earlier when I was complaining about not having a clue what to wear for MNSSHP this year.

I will be there on the 20th but I don't know how coherent I'll be. Working all day that Friday(19th) and flying in on the red eye from Seattle... we'll be hitting the pool at POPS most of the day and then something about Phantasmic/Mama Melrose thing. We're gonna eat there then see the show I think, I've never done this package b4. But I'm sure I'll be wiped out. (Anybody done this b4??)

::yes:: great way to see fantasmic... it beats the staying in the line for 45 minutes or more and if you are short like me... 5'2... being stuck next to an armpit is not fun :lmao:

you dine.. and before leaving the restaunrant they give you this card thing.. used to be blue dont know now if they change color.. you go through the side lines and get your front seats!!!
:thumbsup2

::yes:: great way to see fantasmic... it beats the staying in the line for 45 minutes or more and if you are short like me... 5'2... being stuck next to an armpit is not fun :lmao:

you dine.. and before leaving the restaunrant they give you this card thing.. used to be blue dont know now if they change color.. you go through the side lines and get your front seats!!!

Last December it is the way it was done. We ate at Hollywood and Vine then went to Fantasmic ! Gotta love that show ! Don't sit too close to the water/front row ---- it gets REALLY hot and you can get wet. Not too good for cameras !

If my solo plans fall into place, I will be arriving early Sat. Sept. 20 in the morning (probably around 2 am), and leaving around dinner time on Tues. the 23rd. My mission -- relax, photography, 2009 trip investigation and have fun !! Care (my fellow Canadian), Rebecca, Oly and anyone else up for the challenge ?? I would like to meet up with anyone for a meal or drink or check out Toy Story Mania. I will not be able to confirm my trip until August ( I know - I am taking BIG chances for dining etc,) My only requirement is that I make it to the MK on Sunday or Monday for the day. Other than that I am open for doing just about anything. If this solo trip is anything like the on I took to DL last May, I took about 1000 photos in 2 1/2 days !! I should be able to do that, no problem this time. No kids, no worries !!! :yay:

Thanks ANTSS, this info will come in very handy. I love sitting in the front row with my 10 gallon cowboy hat on. Being 6'-8" will really tick some people off. lol
cowboypistol.gif

j/k .... I'm not that cruel​

If my solo plans fall into place, I will be arriving early Sat. Sept. 20 in the morning (probably around 2 am), and leaving around dinner time on Tues. the 23rd.

21st works for me... but then I could do any day for that matter if I really wanted to.

Come on Antss I'm only 6' could it be that bad:lmao: ?? Your right though th4 prefered seating is worth it's weight in gold.I HATE LINES to ::yes::

Thanks ANTSS, this info will come in very handy. I love sitting in the front row with my 10 gallon cowboy hat on. Being 6'-8" will really tick some people off. lol
cowboypistol.gif

21st works for me... but then I could do any day for that matter if I really wanted to.

Yikes Oly!!! can you spare me atleast a couple of inch!!! You wont miss it I promise !!! I still jump 3 times every new years eve ( my grandmom told me when I was a kid to jump 3 times every new year so I would get taller.. hmmm I ahve been 5'2 since HS... and that was hmmm ok never mind... all am saying is... :lmao:

Come on Antss I'm only 6' could it be that bad:lmao: ?? Your right though th4 prefered seating is worth it's weight in gold.I HATE LINES to ::yes::

hmmmmp.... really just try being stuck there ... it is not fun... thank God for fan and that is why you always see me eating an prange during fanatsmic or Illuminations... I use the peel to survive!!!

BTW how are those ADR coming???

cowboypistol.gif

Guess I better make sure that if I am going to this Fantasmic! show that I sit in front of you !!

I am thinking the MK on that day (evening extra magic hours and maybe over to DTD). Let me know if that works.

Back to 2009 -- has anyone thought any further on the plans for the MK (Tony's for breakfast, Keys/Kingdom tour, MNSSHP) all in one day ???

I'd be up for a golf outting. I suck at it, but I have my own clubs and look cute in argile :thumbsup2

Ok I totally miss this post... OK.. I have to start learning now if I plan tag along... :lmao:

Back to 2009
-- has anyone thought any further on the plans for the MK (Tony's for breakfast, Keys/Kingdom tour, MNSSHP) all in one day ???

I would do the breakfast... hmm is that the 4 hour tour??? then MNSSHP .. Jen!!! :faint: :lmao:

I would do breakfast and KTTK in one day, and maybe MNSSHP on a different evening, but I'm not sure if I can go a whole day in the MK. I need my rest for my evenings at Jellyrolls. I love that place!! LOL

Ok I totally miss this post... OK.. I have to start learning now if I plan tag along... :lmao:

I would do the breakfast... hmm is that the 4 hour tour??? then MNSSHP .. Jen!!! :faint: :lmao:

NOT UP TO THE CHALLENGE ?????? :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :dance3:

We have one up for the challenge !!!! DO we have any other takers :stir: ??? There has to be more -- we can go to JR's after MNSSHP !!
:banana: :banana: Let's see how many more crazy bananas we can get !:thumbsup2

Umm... I hate to break it to you Jen, but I don't think we will feel like going to jr after mnsshp. Maybe we can go to jr all other nights :thumbsup2

Umm... I hate to break it to you Jen, but I don't think we will feel like going to jr after mnsshp. Maybe we can go to jr all other nights :thumbsup2

Are you trying to spoil all my fun ??!! :lmao: :woohoo: :lmao: :woohoo: :lmao:
By the way ..... where is Jelly Rolls ??? :confused3 I have never been there. I have heard enough about it, but it is hard to go to the bars with kids. :rotfl2: NO KIDS ON THIS TRIP OR THE ONE THIS SEPTEMBER !!!!!!! yee haw :banana: :banana: :banana:

Care- love the new avatar!:thumbsup2

Aww, thanks, Rebecca. Thought I'd try one where my face was actually visible for a change ::yes::

Jenroc said:
If my solo plans fall into place, I will be arriving early Sat. Sept. 20 in the morning (probably around 2 am), and leaving around dinner time on Tues. the 23rd. My mission -- relax, photography, 2009 trip investigation and have fun !! Care (my fellow Canadian), Rebecca, Oly and anyone else up for the challenge ??

Jen, my flight leaves MCO at 1:30pm on Sept 20. I'm not sure what time I'll have to catch the DME, but I'd love to meet up for breakfast if it won't be too early for you. You'll likely be exhausted after that late flight. Otherwise, we could try for a non-Disney meet later this summer or early fall. I've got to make a trip out to London to meet with a couple of clients, but haven't quite gotten to scheduling it yet. I'll keep you posted. By the way, I am definitely up for the challenge -- breakfast at Tony's, KTTK, and MNSSHP all in one day. I loves me a challenge! :thumbsup2

ANTSS2001 said:
... if you are short like me... 5'2... being stuck next to an armpit is not fun...

I hear ya, Ants. I'm just a couple inches taller than you, and it can be tough out there for us vertically lacking folks. Good reason, though, to date someone taller. (Among other things, they can always lift you up to reach the higher shelves!) :thumbsup2

Aww, thanks, Rebecca. Thought I'd try one where my face was actually visible for a change ::yes::

Nice pic !!!

Jen, my flight leaves MCO at 1:30pm on Sept 20. I'm not sure what time I'll have to catch the DME, but I'd love to meet up for breakfast if it won't be too early for you. You'll likely be exhausted after that late flight. Otherwise, we could try for a non-Disney meet later this summer or early fall. I've got to make a trip out to London to meet with a couple of clients, but haven't quite gotten to scheduling it yet. I'll keep you posted. By the way, I am definitely up for the challenge -- breakfast at Tony's, KTTK, and MNSSHP all in one day. I loves me a challenge! :thumbsup2

I am going to try and catch a late flight Friday night so I and there maybe even before midnight !!! Time will tell when it get a little closer - I am so excited now !! I am doing EVERYTHING in my power to get there !! I'll add you down for the challenge !! :cool1:

I hear ya, Ants. I'm just a couple inches taller than you, and it can be tough out there for us vertically lacking folks. Good reason, though, to date someone taller. (Among other things, they can always lift you up to reach the higher shelves!) :thumbsup2

I am only 5'5" - guess we all fit under the same armpit ??!!

I just want to be clear in saying that I am not saying a full fun packed day is not a good idea... If you are up to that challenge I take my hat off to ya!!! I am just not that tough. LOL Maybe if the Magic Kingdom sold alcohol it would make it do-able... no, wait.. in that case I would be back at the resort passed out by the time MNSSHP started!! LOL:lmao:

Ok - OK maybe I am getting a little ahead of myself !! :tilt: :lmao:
I keep forgetting that I am not going to have kids in tow and that I can relax a little bit, let my hair down and RELAX !!!! Clubs have never been a thought in my past vacation plannings !! :rotfl: Guess they are now !!!! If I stray from that thought again - a good swift kick in the butt will bring me back in line !:drinking1 We can save the MNSSHP for a night when we have been to Jelly Rolls the night before and need sleep in/recovery time !!!:jumping1:

Now I am off to fight with my computer - :badpc: - we aren't getting along right now. :duck: lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter