Single Rider Lines - Official List?

wareagle57

DIS Veteran
I have been researching this, and getting quite a bit of conflicting information.

Touring Plans lists Hulk as SR, but not Kong. Undercover Tourists says the opposite. Both say Spider-Man has one, but I've seen other places insisting that it doesn't.

What I've gathered from this, is US is very inconsistent with if they actually use the line or not. We only have one day and will be there on a Saturday, so I'd like to utilize them as much as possible. The plan is to start and end at US, and taking the HE to IoA as early as possible. I'm mainly just worried about Hulk and Kong over there and to a lesser extent Spider-Man. I'm afraid the crowds will grow quickly. Between Kong and Hulk I would probably head to the one that DOESN'T offer SR first.

Is there clear signage for all the rides that do offer it? Or will be looking for a SR line that is potentially non-existent/not being used currently?

I have been researching this, and getting quite a bit of conflicting information.

Touring Plans lists Hulk as SR, but not Kong. Undercover Tourists says the opposite. Both say Spider-Man has one, but I've seen other places insisting that it doesn't.

What I've gathered from this, is US is very inconsistent with if they actually use the line or not. We only have one day and will be there on a Saturday, so I'd like to utilize them as much as possible. The plan is to start and end at US, and taking the HE to IoA as early as possible. I'm mainly just worried about Hulk and Kong over there and to a lesser extent Spider-Man. I'm afraid the crowds will grow quickly. Between Kong and Hulk I would probably head to the one that DOESN'T offer SR first.

Is there clear signage for all the rides that do offer it? Or will be looking for a SR line that is potentially non-existent/not being used currently?

Based on the park map, both Hulk and Spider-Man have single rider lines; but Kong does not - https://www.universalorlando.com/we...nts/islands-of-adventure-park-map-english.pdf

It does still indicate "availability varies" in the legend - I think this essentially gives them the right to close the single rider line when they deem it unnecessary.

If you go to this page:

https://www.universalorlando.com/we...ons&attraction_interest=&attraction_location=

Then in the filters, under "Accessibility Options" you can select "Single Rider" and it will list all of the attractions. Which are:

MIB
Hulk
Mummy
Spiderman
Transformers
Forbidden Journey
Dr. Doom's
Gringotts
Rip Ride Rockit

Are certain SR lines superior to others? I've seen claims that the SR line is even faster than express. But at Disney, certain SR lines can be worse than standby, like RnR and sometimes Test Track. Just wondering how much of a time saver we can actually count on them being.

Are certain SR lines superior to others? I've seen claims that the SR line is even faster than express. But at Disney, certain SR lines can be worse than standby, like RnR and sometimes Test Track. Just wondering how much of a time saver we can actually count on them being.

In general fro experience, SR is slower than Express Pass. SR is variable because they don't pull people from it onto the ride at a constant rate. Only when they happen to get an open seat when there is a group with an odd number of people. I have seen single rider line wait times listed at 50 minutes (like for Hulk). It's just a bit too random.

And as others have noted, I have seen rides close their single rider line as well during certain times (perhaps because it's grown too big or for whatever reason).

RRR has a particularly slow SR line. The rest work pretty well. MiB SR line is consistently effectively a walk on. Hulk can be slow at times, but still much better than standby.

In Feb, I never saw a single rider line for Kong - CMs told me it was open one day but that was incorrect.

I never saw the SR line for Gringotts, FJ, Transformers, or Mummy NOT be open on my 5 day trip. Hulk was open every time except when the standby wait was under 10min. Spiderman was open most of the time, but not everyday (not sure why).

In Feb, I never saw a single rider line for Kong - CMs told me it was open one day but that was incorrect.
I'm pretty sure, besides what's listed up there, that Kong didn't have one, else I would've gotten in it in my previous trip -- instead of waiting in the loooong standby queue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter