• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Single kid in a Sit & Stand stroller?

blueskymom

Earning My Ears
Hi! We're planning our 2nd family trip to DL in January. Last time we went dd was 17 months old. Honestly, the trip was only magical sometimes. The big issue was that she didn't want to be in the stroller, but was completely out of control if walking (she's our very own Tigger). Now she's 3 and it's really not a big deal, she'll sit in her stroller just fine but walking is still hard because she bounces everywhere, and we're usually much slower than her. Anyway, that's just a little back info. I was thinking if she could just stand and we could push her to the next stop it would be a little easier for everyone. So I was looking at sit & stand strollers, but I've never heard of anyone using it with just one kid (and just using the standing part more or less). Any thoughts? We have an old City Mini that we'd use otherwise, and it will be fine, but I'm just trying to maximize our time.

i hated pushing the sit and stand with only one kid in the standing part.. Was awkward and tippy !

i would just bring the regular stroller

Hi! We're planning our 2nd family trip to DL in January. Last time we went dd was 17 months old. Honestly, the trip was only magical sometimes. The big issue was that she didn't want to be in the stroller, but was completely out of control if walking (she's our very own Tigger). Now she's 3 and it's really not a big deal, she'll sit in her stroller just fine but walking is still hard because she bounces everywhere, and we're usually much slower than her. Anyway, that's just a little back info. I was thinking if she could just stand and we could push her to the next stop it would be a little easier for everyone. So I was looking at sit & stand strollers, but I've never heard of anyone using it with just one kid (and just using the standing part more or less). Any thoughts? We have an old City Mini that we'd use otherwise, and it will be fine, but I'm just trying to maximize our time.
I would try what you want to do at a store and check if it would trip because of all weight in back

Any thoughts?
Who cares what people might think...everybody has there own reasons.

We were big fans of Joovy Ultralights....they made many trips to the parks and you'll see many of them around Disney. I think they would work in your situation.There's much shorter than many Sit n Stands.

cabooseulg_hero.jpg

I second the joovy ultralight recommendation only if you are strong enough to fold and haul it. We have one and I really like it, but it's heavy for me.

What catches my eye in the joovy pics is they don't show it with just a child standing. There is always a counter weight in the front. Makes me think it won't work well with just a child standing.

My daughter has ridden on the standing platform without anyone in the front... because "I walk now mommy" from little brother. She is about 35 pounds. It works :)

I wouldn't. There just not as comfortable or convenient. I used one when my dd was 17 months and son was 5 and I loved it for what I needed it for, but the following year my daughter was 2.5 (and she's tiny) and she was getting too big for the seat. is just take a regular full stroller. She'll be more comfortable, she'll be able to sleep if she wants, more sun coverage, easier access to your stuff and not as big/heavy.

when DD was 3 and 4 we rented the big disney strollers. DD liked it because she could get in and out easily on her own.

Thanks for the great responses! I was beginning to lean toward a glider board for the City Mini, but am now thinking of just bringing it without any attachments. We went to the zoo yesterday and she did really well getting in and out without too much fuss. I just remember the arching, screaming, embarrassing meltdowns she was having for that first trip and it's kind of scarred me, lol (I sent a compliment for the two CMs who did their darnedest to get her to calm down at one point). She's a big girl now and should be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter